Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HUH? Okay, please tell me I'm not going crazy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HUH? Okay, please tell me I'm not going crazy...

http://www.creativefightersguild.com/martial-arts-jiu-jitsu.shtml

This is why GJJ/BJJ is headed towards the McDojo route.

God help me, I'm not gonna let it happen!!!

==================
    A man without a plan, is not a man...

Nietsche
    Originally posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

The worst part about it, they school is in the city I used to live in Coquitlam!!!

OH MY GOD!

==================

Nietsche
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Comment

We also offer Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu martial arts, which is a Brazilian variant of the traditional Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu martial arts.
      Well I don't see anything wrong.

They don't call it the Nazi PARTY for nothing!
      Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Comment

You're not going crazy.

Personally, I thought it was kind of funny.

"Go cry about it Vargas. Aren't you late for your shift at McDonald's?"

Edited by - Vargas on April 09 2003 21:42:05
        "I had once talked to Billy Conn, the boxer, about professionals versus amateurs - specifically street fighters. One had always heard rumors of champions being taken out by back-alley fighters. Conn was scornful. "Aw, it's like hitting a girl," he said. "They're nothing."

- George Plimpton
        "Shadow Box"

Comment

There were Buddhist Monks in Brazil 2500 years ago?

Huh?

==================

Nietsche

Comment

The person is obviously using incorrect terminologies, but that's absolutely no indication that BJJ is goign the way of the Bullshido, and most BJJ places almost definitely never will.

Movie Quote: http://funwavs.com/wavfile.php?quote=603&view=1 - Full Metal Jacket
            "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Comment

Brazillian Jiu Jitsu became Gracie Jiu Jitsu? HUH?

Blade, wrong terminology or not. This person is teaching BJJ.

==================

Nietsche

Comment

Because the emphasis of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is on non-violence, and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu tries to harness ki to create an environment filled with balance and equilibrium.
                ROTFL

Comment

hmmm well, he may be good.

Movie Quote: http://funwavs.com/wavfile.php?quote=603&view=1 - Full Metal Jacket
                  "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Comment

THOSE are funny to you?

I think Funakoshi, Kano and Ueshiba would be interested to know that their arts are "some of the more common martial arts studies that can be traced back to Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu." BACK?

Regards,
                    CrimsonTiger

"Happiness is finding yourself in the adoring gaze of one who loves you.
                    I hope to once again know that feeling."
                    Regards,
                    CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
                    One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
                    Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine

Comment

Ok..I am not even a BJJ practitioner and even I know that was crap. I had to write a letter to them on this one.

Jeremy M. Talbott
                      http://www.koreanma.homestead.com/index.html
                      http://www.martialscience.homestead.com/home.html
                      Jeremy M. Talbott

Originally posted by Phrost
                      "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
                      Originally posted by D.Murray
                      "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
                      Originally posted by hangooknamja88
                      My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Comment

We also offer Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu martial arts, which is a Brazilian variant of the traditional Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu martial arts.
                        Huh?

Not only are they teaching BJJ, there doing it through videotape!

http://www.creativefightersguild.com/newhome.htm

Comment

LMAO! That is funny! Everyone act like it is a big shock. No martial arts are perfect, there are a mcdojo for EVERY styles.

Just throw rock at it and it will go away.

"I would rather admit I am a lousy student than say I am the best, because once you think you are the best, there is no reason to continue learning."
                          I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Comment

It is the history that is ridiculous. 2500 years old art practiced by monks in a country that did not support that type of religion. That is just straight up sad.

Jeremy M. Talbott
                            http://www.koreanma.homestead.com/index.html
                            http://www.martialscience.homestead.com/home.html
                            Jeremy M. Talbott

Originally posted by Phrost
                            "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
                            Originally posted by D.Murray
                            "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
                            Originally posted by hangooknamja88
                            My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Comment

I have been informed that the school is 100% real and hardcore BJJ.

Looks like whoever did their website did it haphazard and put together by a 5 year old.

I am hoping my message gets through to them by my friend who knows them. =o)

==================

Nietsche

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X