Bas Rutten's Big Book of Combat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bas Rutten's Big Book of Combat

Should I get it? See, I'm a twice-a-week karateka with no consistant training partner and a bare minimum of sparring experience. Obviously, this is no good. I WOULD just join a MMA gym, but distance, cost, and time aren't exactly on my side (although come summer, that will all change). So with that in mind, would anyone here reccomend it? I made a shot Pros and Cons list to give you a better idea of my state of mind:

Pros:[list][*]So far, I've heard nothing but positive reviews[*]Covers pretty much every aspect of unarmed combat[*]Written by a genuine expert[*]Freaking enormous[*]Includes lots of drills, which would be useful for someone who practice alone 90% of the time.[/list:u]

Cons:[list][*]Ungodly expensive[*]Only available online; can't check it out at a bookstore[*]Would I be able to benefit from most of the material, seeing as how I do practice alone?[*]Really fucking expensive.[/list:u]

They don't call it the Nazi PARTY for nothing!
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Fighter's Notebook.

I;ve heard godo things abotu Bas's book too though, but you should just leave ,e your ICQ, I have examples of some good MMA stuff...

Movie Quote: http://funwavs.com/wavfile.php?quote=603&view=1 - Full Metal Jacket
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Comment

I have shit loads of instructional VDO clips of: Eric Paulson Shoot Fighting, Mike Miles Muay Thai & some guy I don't remember his name BB BJJ techniques from www.FightTraining.com when they used to have these available for free downloads (too bad I heard it's closed now). Good clear instructional clips with fair quality pictures. If you have a Streamload account at - www.streamload.com (I think even a freeloader account will do since the files aren't that big at all), I can send these to you who are interested.

Comment

Bas's videos are on KazaA....

Comment

I should also add that his charmingly inept website and infomercial-style marketing strategy damn near sweet-talked the pants off me.

Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Comment

Hi Boyd,

I actually ordered this and am awaiting shipping to Australia - 2-3 weeks.

With exchange rate and shipping to Australia its costing me a fortune but I figured I'd take the chance.

I ordered the special that includes both books and both CD's.

I plan to post a thread reviewing the books and CD's after I've read through them (and listened to them). Probably about a month.

If you want info quicker I can post a 'quick thoughts' thread stating eg. paper quality, picture quality, depth of descriptions, etc so you can get an idea.

And hey, if you live in the USA you can at least skip the massive international shipping charge :)

--------
            Make friends with them until they beg for mercy.
            --------
            The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
            - Pizdoff

Comment

FM, that will be excellent..

Movie Quote: http://funwavs.com/wavfile.php?quote=603&view=1 - Full Metal Jacket

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Comment

How much is it exactly?

Comment

A million billion dollars. Or if you're Scrooge McDuck, 180 plus 30 dollars shipping, but that includes both the 6lb. books and some CDs.

Comment

holy crap that IS expensive!

Comment

well a traillin zillian $$ is ok... but 210? get outta here!

Comment

Comment

:P

Comment

Here's what I would do:

Go to http://www.goldstar-video.com and rent Bas' tapes. You could even copy them if you want. If you like 'em and still feel you need more, buy the books.

I own copies of the first two tapes in his Extreme Pancrase series and think they're just great!

"Strike first! Strike hard! No mercy, sir!"

Comment

lol

--
                              Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
                              The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed later.
                              Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X