No announcement yet.

Those wacky martial artists...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm afraid not, after discovering the real Truth about the stylistic arts, I can't fathom how they would hold much appeal for a thinking adult.

"A martial art is a form of movement transferred by mental and physical rituals. Its intent is to expose the talents of the practitioner and/or entertain spectators. A martial artist lives in a world of mock battle in which his absorption in his art limits his ability to see the facts. That leads him to want to compete against practitioners of other styles to validate his beliefs and find his truth." Blake O'Ryan Black Belt magazine 2001
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Comment

What is the "real" truth?
      Have you ever been a martial artists, fighter, etc.?

There is only one problem with all of your findings. For every 1 of these you could find 100, plumbers, painters, politicians, policemen, preists, pantywaists, and so on commiting the same and worse. Does this mean they, on a whole, are somehow deluded too?

McDojo, is it what you do or is it what you think?

Comment

Kungfools,

Although I find you poste entertaining and showing mainly the STUPIDITY of pple more than anything else. I think the qoute you have on MA is rather of.

For some reason when pple, mainly westerners, here the term "Martial Arts" the immediately think of asian pjs and Bruce Lee screams.
        Martial Arts has only ONE real meaning, 'Skills dealing with War/Combat" (ie plotting an air strike is a MA) It is a very broad term.

What I mainly read here are, BAD BUSINESS PRACTICES, FRAUD, and just plain STUPIDITY. Which we all know is not just contained in the MA community.

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!
        ______
        Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
        -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
        The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
        -Daniel Tosh

Comment

Now he'll work on his biceps instead

TAIPEI - A Taiwanese man injured his penis badly while trying to lift a 16-kg weight with it.
          Doctors said the 48-year-old man, identified by the Taiwanese media as Mr Hsueh, tore tissues
          in his scrotum by 'overloading' his penis. They spent 30 minutes stitching up the tissues before
          putting him under observation, the United Daily News reported yesterday.

It said he had been using his penis to lift weights and was undertaking qigong exercises to
          boost his virility. However, this was apparently the first time he had tried lifting a 16-kg weight.
          When he did so, he felt an excruciating pain and found his penis bruised and swollen. His wife
          rushed him to hospital, where he received five stitches. Urological surgeon Chen Kuan-yung
          dismissed suggestions that lifting weights can help enlarge the penis, and said people should
          not believe in methods that have no scientific or medical basis.

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists and the Dominate Prevailing Force in the martial arts political arena

http://forums.delphiforums.com/testing12345703/start
          Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Comment

Martial Arts and The Police

by Dan Docherty

Islington Police Station, would not be my first choice as a venue for a fun filled Friday evening,
            nor would its fine officers necessarily be my first choice as boon companions for the aforesaid
            fun filled Friday evening. I was there to identify one of my students whom they had arrested.
            The name hadn't rung a bell with me over the phone so I said that I would go to identify him.
            The alternative was that he would be charged, though it wasn't clear what with.

John had been practicing his Tai Chi sabre form with a metal sabre on an open green beside
            the block of flats where he lived. Acting on information, from frightened children according
            to what I was told, from an old lady according to what John was told, 4 squad cars screeched
            to a halt; the uniformed occupants jumped out , told John to drop the sabre, lie face down and
            place his hands behind his back. This he did.

John was handcuffed, searched, thrown into the back of one of the vehicles and driven to
            Islington Police Station, where he was questioned at length, kept in a cell, identified by me
            as being one of my students and released about six hours after the original arrest with much
            gay badinage about Bruce Lee, the ninja etc.

Comment

These last two were not about MA at all , really. Don't avoid the previous questions.

Comment

In State v. Bush, 942 S.W.2d 489

(Tenn. 1997), the eighteen-year-old defendant was sentenced to death for the murder of a helpless seventy-nine year old widow. There, the defendant used the victim's friendship with his grandmother to gain access to her home. Therefore, Bush, like the defendant in this case, was aware that the victim lived alone and was vulnerable.

Once inside, Bush, like the defendant in this case, brutally murdered the helpless victim without any provocation by savagely beating her with a stick and by stabbing her forty-three times. He later boasted to acquaintances about practicing karate on the victim.

Comment

What does that Prove? That some psycho used the term karate in his context? This is absurd. Perhaps you need a another hobby. This OCD you have over MA is not constuctive. It is highly insulting to be placed in the same category as a some mentaly ill person just because he used the word karate instead of boxing or "playing bouncer" or any other thing. You sir need an attitude adujstment. Maybe leave that hovel you inhabit once in a while and get out of your mental masterbations. What do YOU do for a living? I bet I could find just as many morons in your field.

Comment

Idiot

Comment

Death sport

By Amira Ibrahim

Hisham Mohamed Hafez, a 16-year-old secondary school student, was proud of his prowess in kung fu, a Chinese form of unarmed combat similar to karate. Hafez's skills allowed him to defeat his opponents with relative ease. But when he defeated one of his trainers, Hafez paid dearly for his talents. Last week, a court sentenced trainer Mohamed El-Zawawi to one year in prison for Hafez's death.

"The incident can only be construed as premeditated murder," Galal Allam, Hafez's lawyer, said referring to the 1998 incident. "This is the first time somebody died while training in this game," Allam said. "It never happened anywhere before, not in China or in Egypt."

The story began in Al-Shams Club in Heliopolis. Hafez had beaten a player in the club and had told his assistant trainer that he could beat him, too. He did, infuriating head trainer El-Zawawi. El-Zawawi told Hafez to take off his gloves and head gear. At the time, Hafez was not wearing a chest protector as well. Following several blows, Hafez fell to the ground. He rose up but fell one more time. He did not get up again. He cried, begging El-Zawawi to stop. El-Zawawi continued to pound away. When he finally stopped, Hafez was bleeding from the mouth. He bled profusely for one hour before he died. Eyewitnesses said the club's medical centre was ill-equipped to handle emergency cases like Hafez's. Hafez was rushed to a nearby hospital but by then it was too late.

Allam said El-Zawawi was a professional trainer who was experienced in the game and its regulations. "Fighting sports have rules," Allam said. "In training, players wear certain protective gear for the head and chest. The trainer deliberately made the player take these off. He knew how to direct each blow and what damage they would do."

Speaking to the Weekly, Hisham's father, Mohamed Hafez, said he was angry that the judge had reduced the minimum sentence from three years to one. "I felt the judiciary wanted to end the case any way it could. The session lasted for one hour, without the prosecutor present, and then came the ruling," Hafez senior said. "The only thing I can do is file a civil suit to get a large amount in compensation." Hafez said he would donate the money to buy new clothes and equipment for kung fu players all over the country. "The budget of the federation, LE50,000, is too small to cover all that is required," he added.

Investigations since the death have left many questions unanswered, especially about El-Zawawi. El-Zawawi had a reputation for using violence against his players and was suspended once and reprimanded twice in 1997 for violence, once against a trainer and again against a player. However, El-Zawawi backed by the club's board, was appointed the club's general supervisor in kung fu. Still, El-Zawawi was denied membership in the Sports Syndicate which, among other things, gives trainers special courses in injuries resulting from the martial arts, including injuries to the head and face.

Officials of the Kung Fu Federation said El-Zawawi had received a training certificate from the federation that should have been ratified by them first. "The federation has no authority over how the sport is run in clubs," Mohsen Bahgat, federation spokesman, said. "We have no right to interfere in clubs unless we receive an official request to suspend the trainer. Our only responsibility rests solely with the national team." According to Bahgat, the federation is limited to only issuing recommendations to clubs to follow the game's rules and to provide players with the necessary equipment.

Bahgat said the federation was never informed about El-Zawawi's past record. "We are inclined to believe that the killing was unintentional. It's a matter of fate."

Hafez's death brought to the fore questions about whether sports like kung fu should be allowed in clubs at all. For many years, kung fu was banned in Egypt for fear that it would encourage violence among youths and that it might be used against security personnel. In 1990, it became an official sport when the federation was founded. Egypt's national team has participated in three world championships since, winning a gold medal, a silver and a bronze in 1997 in Rome.

Asked if the killing would affect the image of the sport, Bahgat said its activities, in fact, "tend to grow more and more".

Kung Fu training has resumed in Al-Shams Club with new trainers but no guarantees of averting further deadly consequences.

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists and the Dominate Prevailing Force in the martial arts political arena

http://forums.delphiforums.com/testing12345703/start

Comment

El-Zawawi should fry. There is just no excuse for that.

Comment

There is a bad apple in every bunch. The only word I can think of in response to the purpose behind this being posted here is , "SO WHAT".

Change the words "kung fu" for almost any other sport or activity and you are going to get a story of negligence one way or another. Baby sitters have killed children, does that make them all bad? NO! Priests have molested children, does that make them all bad? NO! Cops have killed innocent people, does that make them all bad? No! Thats life, you are going to get a bad apple in every aspect of life.

This is a STUPID agenda. For those that have just tuned in, Kungwisheshecouldbeoneofus is posting these tibits in an effort to convince us that all martial artists are somehow "evil" or deluded or demented in some way. Why he is trying this on a board that is filled with martial artists is beyond me. I guess it gives him the little satisfaction he has in his life. I will be posting this last paragraph after your posts from now on.

Comment

it sounds like El-Zawawi needs to read my article regarding self-esteem in the martial arts. i hope they ram him really hard in the pooper while he is in prison.

Comment

I think the real crime of the beer commercial protraying a insane idiotic martial artist is that it was for a domestic beer. Now if it were for an import....well then that is different. :)

Jeremy M. Talbott
                              http://www.homestead.com/koreanma/index.html
                              http://www.geocities.com/jns1994/MSA.html
                              Jeremy M. Talbott

Originally posted by Phrost
                              "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
                              Originally posted by D.Murray
                              "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
                              Originally posted by hangooknamja88
                              My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Comment

The following is a plea to the editor of a martial arts magazine -

"I am writing about an article Black belt published several years ago about a martial artist in North Carolina who was arrested and charged with statutory rape of a minor. Unfortunately, the story has created an embarrassing problem for me.

The individual who was arrested spells his last name Lamont, is about 50 years old and teaches aikido. My last name is Lamond, I am 51 years old, and I teach aikijutsu. The similarities in our names, ages and the names of our martial arts have forced me to answer many embarrassing questions, and many stories have reached me about people who have approached my students and "warned" them about me."

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X