Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Heard Of:

Hey Guys,

First off Happy Holloween. I have a question. I have been searching for a new art as some of you know that have read my posts. I have trained in TKD, Karate, BJJ, Judo, Muay Thai and I have been searching for something different. I will be checking out 2 schools that I have found. 1 is a Choy Lay Fut school that is located in China Town of Chicago www.ngfamilymartialarts.com; 2 is a Shaolin School in Chicago www.tsaiskungfu.com. Here is the question though. I was watching a horrible martial arts movie the other day (Bloodsport 3) and one of the fighters was called Lima Lama. I know that Lima Lama is a martial art from the Hawaiian Islands. So, I went online and did some searching and came up with Lua. Further research provided me with info on a Lua school here in Chicago: www.olohe.com Has anyone ever heard of this organization. It seems different from the other arts that I have trained in which is what I am looking for. Anyone with info about ANY of their schools nationwide? Good, bad, or otherwise? Or anyone that has trained in the art of Lua, I would love to hear about your experiences. I thank you in advance.

Hold on.

Let me understand this. You have trained in TKD, Karate - style please, Judo, Muay Thai and BJJ. Yet you want something else ? I think as far as martial arts go, you've got the best fight training right there.

Traditional Kung Fu has got some great conditioining methods but it would be nothing next to Judo or Muay Thai. Just stick with what you have. Thats the best you'll get.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got shit on me !!!!

Comment

If you look at his style indicator it says "none currently." I'm guessing whatever it was he took is probably unavailable to him now.

But yeah, he should go back to those other styles. Forget about whatever you heard about in Bloodsport.

Comment

Originally posted by DPro27
        I know that Lima Lama is a martial art from the Hawaiian Islands. So, I went online and did some searching and came up with Lua. Further research provided me with info on a Lua school here in Chicago:.
        First ran across Lima Lama in '73 ... looked to be basically KajuKembo with a more pronounced fondness for face rakes and such. Not so much fist as their version of tiger claw. Circular movements & flowing multi-strike combinations ... that kind of stuff. Seen one and you've seen them all.

Comment

Stick with MT and BJJ... :P
          "Prison is for rapists, thieves and murderers. If you lock someone up for smoking a plant that makes them happy, you're the fucking criminal." - Joe Rogan

El Guapo says dance!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X