Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To the instructors or school owners

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    To the instructors or school owners

    We received an email the other day from some guy in India. The email simply states that he is an instructor at a karate school in India and wishes to train at our school. Have any of you seen this type of email? Is it equivalent of the "you long lost relative in Africa died and left you a gagillion dollars"? Perhaps a tourist card scam?
    Jeremy M. Talbott

    Originally posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Originally posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Originally posted by hangooknamja88
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...


    SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

    #2
    depends on whether he tries to get you to send him money or sponsor him for a visa...

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by El-Wood
      depends on whether he tries to get you to send him money or sponsor him for a visa...

      My bet is on the visa scam. I used to be a diplomat and when I was posted in Algeria I had some responsibility for the Visa section and you would not believe the scams people will pull to get a visitor visa...

      Unless your school is somehow world famous and regularly attracts foreign students, you can probably bet that he pulled your email of the internet, like the other 100 schools he sent the email to.
      Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by miguksaram
        We received an email the other day from some guy in India. The email simply states that he is an instructor at a karate school in India and wishes to train at our school. Have any of you seen this type of email? Is it equivalent of the "you long lost relative in Africa died and left you a gagillion dollars"? Perhaps a tourist card scam?
        my instructor got something like that once from a guy in brazil. but that was more like "I"m so and so, i want to represent your system. give me a certificate."

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Grashnak
          My bet is on the visa scam. I used to be a diplomat and when I was posted in Algeria I had some responsibility for the Visa section and you would not believe the scams people will pull to get a visitor visa...

          Unless your school is somehow world famous and regularly attracts foreign students, you can probably bet that he pulled your email of the internet, like the other 100 schools he sent the email to.
          Well, actually we do get requests from legit people to train at are school however, they are mostly from European countries. When they contact us they tell us how they were referred and what their goals are etc. I am going with a visa scam on this one. I just wanted to get a feel if more people got them to verify my hunch. Thanks.
          Jeremy M. Talbott

          Originally posted by Phrost
          "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
          Originally posted by D.Murray
          "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
          Originally posted by hangooknamja88
          My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...


          SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

          Comment


            #6
            You could have some fun and play him. A writer for Slate did that to one of the scammers who does the "Kindest Sir, My name is [whatever] and I work at the Central Bank of [wherever]. I have over 25 million US funds in an receently discovered account and I need your help..." - went on for a few weeks and was really funny.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Tourettes
              You could have some fun and play him. A writer for Slate did that to one of the scammers who does the "Kindest Sir, My name is [whatever] and I work at the Central Bank of [wherever]. I have over 25 million US funds in an receently discovered account and I need your help..." - went on for a few weeks and was really funny.
              I saw that one. The guy had the scammer send pictures of himself holding up signs. Quite amusing. I went ahead and asked about this guys credentials: What style, what rank, why us out of a gagillion TKD places in America, that type of stuff. We will see.
              Now it's dancing ninja time=> :ninjadanc
              Jeremy M. Talbott

              Originally posted by Phrost
              "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
              Originally posted by D.Murray
              "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
              Originally posted by hangooknamja88
              My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...


              SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

              Comment


                #8
                He may be moving to your area and looking for a school.
                We have people like that at our club. They come to JHU or UMD and want to work out so they find us on the web and drop us a line.
                Unless he's asking for money I don't think it's a scam.

                Tomas

                Originally posted by miguksaram
                We received an email the other day from some guy in India. The email simply states that he is an instructor at a karate school in India and wishes to train at our school. Have any of you seen this type of email? Is it equivalent of the "you long lost relative in Africa died and left you a gagillion dollars"? Perhaps a tourist card scam?
                Current stage of death: denial

                Comment


                  #9
                  I'd go with some sort of scam or they want to be able to claim to be part of a "world-wide" network/affiliation for marketing reasons - I've seen this happen before.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Maybe he just wants to train. Everywhere I have ever been people are always sending emails and trying to find class schedules so that they can train and get private lessons.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Yrkoon9
                      Maybe he just wants to train. Everywhere I have ever been people are always sending emails and trying to find class schedules so that they can train and get private lessons.
                      In my experience, they'll usually ask specifically about practice schedules, etc immediately if they really want to train. Also, if they're coming in from abroad, many will also give their schedules/itineraries.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Tourettes
                        In my experience, they'll usually ask specifically about practice schedules, etc immediately if they really want to train. Also, if they're coming in from abroad, many will also give their schedules/itineraries.
                        Here is the actual email.

                        [quote = Guy from India]I am black belt in karate and working as karate
                        instructor in National Combat Institute of India, I
                        want to improve my abilities please tell me about how
                        can i come to your institute for training[/quote]

                        You see he is very vaugue about how he heard about us, what he does and why he wants to learn from our school. So I am giving him the benefit of the doubt and asking him for more information. Depending on the reply I receive will determine if I pursue it or find some sort of a way to have fun with it.
                        Jeremy M. Talbott

                        Originally posted by Phrost
                        "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
                        Originally posted by D.Murray
                        "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
                        Originally posted by hangooknamja88
                        My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...


                        SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I actually have a fake e-mail address I use to play with these idiots.

                          http://www.419eater.com/

                          Comment

                          Collapse

                          Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                          Working...
                          X