Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shou Shu kung fu?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    All you Shou Shu guys are delusional morons if you believe you can successfully take on mutliple opponents 90% of the time (let's face it, sometimes you're just fucked, sometimes you'll have a stroke of luck and they'll all just spontaneously combust. But if you think you can beat them 9/10 times, you're out of your damn mind)

    PL

    Comment


      #47
      You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
      FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

      just die already.
      Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM


      Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
      Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

      Comment


        #48
        I remember, when I was a 2nd brown, we would make a circle of people. 1 guy in the middle, closes his eyes while everyone making the circle are given numbers by hand gesture. they start walking in a circle and the numbers are called out.. this is done slow for the 1st 3 times or so..
        you get out of the circle and the next person goes in...
        this will continue up till we've each done it then the numbers are called out alot faster.
        after everyone has completed it faster.. the numbers stop.
        Guy in the middle closes his eyes till he hears #1 coming in.. open your eyes and the fight is on... you get 1 chance for full on contact, some guys would stay in and take some strong shots but keep going.. either you call quits or someone gets smashed pretty hard and the teacher would stop it. Its called honorable combat, each school performs this different. Everyone got a chance to get in the middle and just get attacked.. either you were gonna get hurt or a few forming the circle were gonna get hurt. Not everyone does this but its a drill that was used when I was coming up the ranks. Its hard to do this all the time because of the injuries and the legalities.
        the 1st few months I got hurt...alot. But I understood this is what it took to learn how to fight in crazy situations. This was ol school way of teaching. But as my training progressed, I started learning from my mistakes and pretty soon I was doing really well. Some nights were better than others. Not alot of people are willing to get trained like this. Even now you have some that are willing to do it, and some that are not.. depends on the human nature of each individual. So alot of us are very confident and stand by our word when I say we can take on multiple opponents.. because of the training I've received and continue to receive. I won't even go into the training I get as a black belt.

        And yes, you couldn't participate if you werent at green or red belt level. Why, because its no jazzercise class ladies.

        Comment


          #49
          Originally posted by shoushu energy
          I remember, when I was a 2nd brown, we would make a circle of people. 1 guy in the middle, closes his eyes while everyone making the circle are given numbers by hand gesture. they start walking in a circle and the numbers are called out.. this is done slow for the 1st 3 times or so..
          you get out of the circle and the next person goes in...
          this will continue up till we've each done it then the numbers are called out alot faster.
          after everyone has completed it faster.. the numbers stop.
          Guy in the middle closes his eyes till he hears #1 coming in.. open your eyes and the fight is on... you get 1 chance for full on contact, some guys would stay in and take some strong shots but keep going.. either you call quits or someone gets smashed pretty hard and the teacher would stop it. Its called honorable combat, each school performs this different. Everyone got a chance to get in the middle and just get attacked.. either you were gonna get hurt or a few forming the circle were gonna get hurt. Not everyone does this but its a drill that was used when I was coming up the ranks. Its hard to do this all the time because of the injuries and the legalities.
          the 1st few months I got hurt...alot. But I understood this is what it took to learn how to fight in crazy situations. This was ol school way of teaching. But as my training progressed, I started learning from my mistakes and pretty soon I was doing really well. Some nights were better than others. Not alot of people are willing to get trained like this. Even now you have some that are willing to do it, and some that are not.. depends on the human nature of each individual. So alot of us are very confident and stand by our word when I say we can take on multiple opponents.. because of the training I've received and continue to receive. I won't even go into the training I get as a black belt.

          And yes, you couldn't participate if you werent at green or red belt level. Why, because its no jazzercise class ladies.
          So that attack you in sequence in that drill?
          You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
          FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

          just die already.
          Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM


          Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
          Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by kickcatcher
            So that attack you in sequence in that drill?
            What part didnt you comprehend.
            At 1st they are sequenced but only by numbers.. its the attackers choice at what he brings in.. and the circle is rotating.. the numbers aren't the same with each drill.. before you start you close your eyes and the numbers are gestured so the person in the center don't know.... then you get 1 chance for all out attack. You close your eyes and listen for the 1st person to move.. open your eyes and its a free for all. Some people that weren't used to fighting would'nt get out of closing their eyes and they got slammed to the ground (dog pile!) or punched hard in the stomach so they won't do it again.. You learn from the mistakes.. 1st month of 1x a week training you would not last but seconds as the defender,
            but the seconds turn to a minute as we worked out each week. You become very aware of your surroundings and tunnel vision is no longer a factor. Most everyone gets tunnel vision when conflict arises, this could be your worst enemy in a fight and their buddy is in the gathering crowd.

            I only speak from my teachings coming up the ranks and i've heard similar if not more aggressive tactics of teachings from others.
            Last edited by shoushu energy; 9/22/2005 9:32am, .

            Comment


              #51
              Firstly, let me say that I commend drills such as that, provided they are suitibly Alive, although from your description it could certainly be made more realistic.

              However, I am not comfortable with the notion that the defender can achieve a high % of success unless there is a flaw in the attacking. Maybe Shou Shu is the golddust of multiple opponent training. But that drill doesn't sound credible if the defender can consistantly win IMO, so I continue to doubt that.

              I am nowhere near Cali, which is a shame, as I'd willing assist in an objective pressure test of how easy it is to defend against multiple determined assailants. That would be without adding Acira's weapons ideas or Shifu Tigers "blackbelts from other styles" claims to the test.
              You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
              FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

              just die already.
              Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM


              Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
              Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

              Comment


                #52
                I'm done... see ya!

                Comment


                  #53
                  Originally posted by shoushu energy
                  I'm done... see ya!
                  Not interested in trying to set up an objective pressure test of the Shou Shu multiple opponent claims then?
                  You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
                  FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

                  just die already.
                  Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM


                  Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
                  Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Shoushu Energy, you like BeastApprentice need to learn how to write.

                    Furthermore, from what little I've been able to gleen from your ramblings; you don't impress me much.

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Originally posted by Dai-Tenshi
                      Shoushu Energy, you like BeastApprentice need to learn how to write.

                      Furthermore, from what little I've been able to gleen from your ramblings; you don't impress me much.
                      Ad hominem. Has nothing to do with the discussion.

                      Kickcatcher: nobody can set up an "objective pressure test" of a martial art on the internet.

                      I'm out of here too, for real this time. :5bowtie:

                      Anyone interested in seeing Shou Shu for themselves knows where to find us. Muckrakers can have fun playing with themselves...

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Originally posted by Acira
                        Ad hominem. Has nothing to do with the discussion.
                        Wrong. An objective pressure test would go some way to validating the veracity of the multiple opponent claims so consistently proffered by Shou Shu'ers on forums.

                        Originally posted by Acira
                        nobody can set up an "objective pressure test" of a martial art on the internet.
                        Of course we can, Bullshido has many members who participate in Throwdowns. A pressure test can be arranged within that framework, provided all parties are willing (I don't speak for Bullshido).

                        Originally posted by Acira
                        I'm out of here too, for real this time.
                        lol.
                        Last edited by Fantasy Warrior; 9/22/2005 11:31am, .
                        You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
                        FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

                        just die already.
                        Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM


                        Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
                        Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Remember, you are all welcome to drop by any throwdown and show your stuff.

                          Originally posted by Stickx
                          It must suck for legit practitioners of tai chi like Cullion to see their art get all watered down into exercise for seniors.
                          Those who esteme qi have no strength. ~ Exposition of Insights into the Thirteen Postures Attrib: Wu Yuxiang founder of Wu style tai chi.

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Shou Shu members have a lot to learn when it comes to arguing the worth of their art.

                            Gentlemen, your efforts have been pathetic at best.

                            I was expecting a megathread.

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Deleted
                              Last edited by Name; 9/23/2005 5:00pm, .

                              Comment


                                #60
                                Man, you guys sure are blowing this waaay out of proportion. I said I did good. I didn't beat them to a paste. I don't see what you're getting at. Is it wrong that I said I did good? What is the problem? I did do good. And it was 3 black belts and 1 brown belt. I wrote it wrong in my first post, it's been almost a year, my apologies. I'll concede to that.

                                Also, I've already reported that story in my posts. If you also know, I did quit because of the squandering and laundering (ha! I rhymed!) and I didn't agree. I was trying to teach applicable and credible things, but he (master chung) wasn't up on that.

                                You and your people are blowing this way out of proportion. You're trying to say that I killed them to death, when all I said was I did good against them. I'm not exactly sure why you're so upset, I get beat by other styles all the time and I admit to it. You need to check yourselves and grow up.

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X