No announcement yet.

Shou Shu kung fu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just make sure you go alone. Their multiple opponent training will leave them clueless when you come alone.

PL

Comment

''Black Belt: When you reach the black belt level you will be 100% reactive, you will not have to think at all, and it will be as if the opponent is in slow motion''

Teh MATRIX style?

Comment

i know it is common place to bag on different styles in here fine but i do have first hand experience with this style it is basically al tracy kenpo but it is pretty effective i dont know any style that can defend against when you have your back turned and your opponent has his buddy jump you but one on one it is very effective and relatively simple to learn the technques make a lot of sense i am not here to speak on lineage or history of the style as i have researched and cannot back up any of the claims i just know that it has been effective for me. as far as going into one of there kwoons and challenging them i guarantee that would be a mistake as the average shou shuist(green belt and above)has complete confidence in his ability and would not back down odds are you would be dealing with anywhere from a mantis to a tiger shifu then i guarantee you would reget it not bragging just stating fact that would basically mean anywhere from a third to fifth degree kenpoist.

Comment

Originally posted by mantis1997
          you would be dealing with anywhere from a mantis to a tiger shifu
          I love how your grades are correlated to dangerous sounding animals. I recall the Shou shu crowd getting in a tiss because some guy teaches kempo but doesn't have the Mongoose in it. Classic. It's like top trumps.

Shou Shu, the top trumps of Martial Arts!

My Long Dong sifu beats your Beaver Shifu!
          You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
          FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
          Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
          Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Comment

What is it these people have against punctuation?

Mantis, your post gave me a migraine! Furthermore, it's not about challenging anyone, it has more to do with watching a class, and obseving the students competence levels. Possibly having a spar with instructors and students in the interests of determining what's what at a school.

You already admit that the lineage of the style is completely unverifiable, and that it consists almost entirely of Tracy Kempo. These things make us curious. The site makes grandiose claims about effectivelness under situatiuons that are statistically untenable. That's a lot of Bullshido red flags.

So please, if you feel that the style in question is being maliciously maligned, and that you must set the record straight, please do so. We are all ears.
            And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Comment

The truth about Shou Shu

The following excerpt is from the San Jose Kenpo forum. Mr. Sumner mentions Al Moore Sr and Jr but i believe he actually means Ralph Moore, not Al Moore Jr. Jr being the son of Al moore and Ralph being his brother.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/threa...eid=1102959584

Comment

The question is, does Al Moore (sr) beat a Dragon Shifu?

just die already.

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa

Comment

ive studied Shou Shu for a few years

heres the Official Shou Shu site http://www.mooreschinesemartialarts.com/

and heres a site that has a lot of Shou Shu info, BUT the people there are no longer with the Moores, dont ask me why, i dont know http://www.shengchikungfu.com/beasts.htm

and Shou Shu isnt some form of Kenpo

Da Shifu Al Moore Sr. learned this 7 animal fighting art in China, it wasnt called Shou Shu (beast art).

Shou Shu is the title he gave the art after he changed the way he taught the art.

when Da Shifu Sr. learned the 7 animal style, he learned it one motion at a time, not in technique form like Kenpo, but when he tried teaching the art to students in the US, students werent picking it up and they soon quit.

after he befriended Ed Parker and saw that Parker taught in techique forum, Da Shifu Sr. took Kenpo techniques and added the animal motions that he learned in China and called it Shou Shu.

Sheng Hun is another art that teaches the same 7 animals and is not some kind of Kenpo either and has no relation to Shou Shu. the Sheng Hun animals dont move the same way as the Shou Shu animals.
                  Last edited by massattack; 9/19/2005 8:52pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by massattack
                    ive studied Shou Shu for a few years

heres the Official Shou Shu site http://www.mooreschinesemartialarts.com/

and heres a site that has a lot of Shou Shu info, BUT the people there are no longer with the Moores, dont ask me why, i dont know http://www.shengchikungfu.com/beasts.htm

and Shou Shu isnt some form of Kenpo

Da Shifu Al Moore Sr. learned this 7 animal fighting art in China, it wasnt called Shou Shu (beast art).

Shou Shu is the title he gave the art after he changed the way he taught the art.

when Da Shifu Sr. learned the 7 animal style, he learned it one motion at a time, not in technique form like Kenpo, but when he tried teaching the art to students in the US, students werent picking it up and they soon quit.

after he befriended Ed Parker and saw that Parker taught in techique forum, Da Shifu Sr. took Kenpo techniques and added the animal motions that he learned in China and called it Shou Shu.

Sheng Hun is another art that teaches the same 7 animals and is not some kind of Kenpo either and has no relation to Shou Shu. the Sheng Hun animals dont move the same way as the Shou Shu animals.
                    So it's NOT kempo hey?????? Maybe it's KARATE since that's what he called it...

it's not my place, as a non-shou shu'er, to correct your self-identity, but maybe you should look more closely at terms like "Kempo" and "Karate" and "Kung Fu" and "Chuan fa" before declaring it's not Kempo. Also, are the claims that Moore learned Tracy's kempo unfounded?

just die already.

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa

Comment

www.shoushu.info is the Official Shou Shu forum

they can feel you in a lot better than i can.

Comment

I train at the lodi and sacramento studios... Anyone participating on this thread is more than welcome to come in and if sparring is what you'd like, i'm sure I could accomodate you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirc
                          Moore's Karate:

I've gone in and sparred 4 of their top black belt students and I really only had trouble with one of them, being their top student and teacher who wasn't making thousands of dollars. He had really quick hands, but I eventually managed to outfootwork him and get a few body roundhouses, a crecent kick to the face and a leg sweep.

Anybody?

Sorry I call bullshit on your claim. I think you walked by a school and dreamed up this whole story.

on three different occasions you have posted three different accounts of what happend.

Your an idiot, feel free to PM me when you want to spar. Ill have one of our blue belts hand you your ass.

Comment

Ah, Beast Apprentice, you're well placed to clarify some points about Shou Shu.

1. What grappling does it include, how is it trained and at what grade?
                            2. Are yearly contracts used?
                            3. Can you describe the nature of the multiple opponent drills which give rise to the belief amongst many practitioners that Shou Shu is 'good' against multiple opponents?

just die already.

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa

Comment

Originally posted by kickcatcher
                              Ah, Beast Apprentice, you're well placed to clarify some points about Shou Shu.

1. What grappling does it include, how is it trained and at what grade?
                              2. Are yearly contracts used?
                              3. Can you describe the nature of the multiple opponent drills which give rise to the belief amongst many practitioners that Shou Shu is 'good' against multiple opponents?

Kickcatcher,

you and I have gone around and around on this for sometime over the course of the last few yrs. and again I hesistate to answer that has no reason to be receptive of the answers.

1. we do not train in "ground fighting". the chin na is joint manipulation not grappling, Mantis is not ground fighting. There are elements of our stand up that are used in ground fighting. there fore with slight variations we could use it on the ground.

2. did you sign a contract to buy your car? Did you sign a contract for that credit card you have? why did these people make you sign a contract. Do gyms make you sign contracts of course, why because they all have to make a living and ensure you understand that you are paying for a service. just like a gym membership we pay for a service of instruction.

3. we train with gaunlets, reaction drills. depending on the students level depends on how many attackers and how fast they attack. it is used to put you in a mindset of defend, and move to avoid anyone else. Teaches the student to be aware of more than just whats in front of him. Takes the Blinders off.

TRAIN TO DO IT SO YOU HAVE IT INCASE YOU HAVE TO USE IT, INSTEAD OF NOT TRAINING TO DO IT AND DONT HAVE IT WHEN YOU NEED IT.

EDIT: KICK the avatar you have is of a guy that left the system.

I have to say also that everyone says why dont Shou Shu black belts get in the cage. Shifu Cook and Shifu Jara have gotten in the cage and been successful. Only people can say is why do they cross train, if you didnt know what your opponent did you would lose faster than it took to piss. Noone will ever be happy unless everyone bows down to the sport of the new millenium MMA.. Boxing was the 20th century wasnt it young bucks.
                              Last edited by BeastApprentice; 9/20/2005 10:17pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by BeastApprentice
                                1. we do not train in "ground fighting". the chin na is joint manipulation not grappling, Mantis is not ground fighting. There are elements of our stand up that are used in ground fighting. there fore with slight variations we could use it on the ground.
                                So basically, there is no 'grappling' in a meaningful sense. And as for "there fore with slight variations we could use it on the ground." well we all know could is no use when the shit hits the fan. The potential of any system is almost irrelevant to the typical practitioner -it's how it really is trained that matters. This fits in with the points made by others about the MMA fighters who do "Shou Shu" having to cross train -Shou Shu does not give them adequate grappling skills to credibly fight another trained fighter in a few-rules environment.

Answer us this: If there were no rules with regard the strikes that could be employed, would a Shou Shu trained fighter 'easily' beat a grappling orientated MMA fighter?

2. did you sign a contract to buy your car? Did you sign a contract for that credit card you have? why did these people make you sign a contract. Do gyms make you sign contracts of course, why because they all have to make a living and ensure you understand that you are paying for a service. just like a gym membership we pay for a service of instruction.
                                So yes, Shou Shu employs yearly contracts -that's what you're trying to say?

3. we train with gaunlets, reaction drills. depending on the students level depends on how many attackers and how fast they attack. it is used to put you in a mindset of defend, and move to avoid anyone else. Teaches the student to be aware of more than just whats in front of him. Takes the Blinders off.
                                In these drills, do the attackers attack heavy contact and all at once? (they certainly didn't in the Shou Shu vids previously posted on MAP as shinning examples of how it's done).

EDIT: KICK the avatar you have is of a guy that left the system.
                                and?

I have to say also that everyone says why dont Shou Shu black belts get in the cage. Shifu Cook and Shifu Jara have gotten in the cage and been successful. Only people can say is why do they cross train, if you didnt know what your opponent did you would lose faster than it took to piss. Noone will ever be happy unless everyone bows down to the sport of the new millenium MMA.. Boxing was the 20th century wasnt it young bucks.
                                See my comments re point 1.

just die already.

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X