Favorite technique?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite technique?

No matter how long you've been training, or what you train in, everybody has at least one part of MA that they just love. Whether it's damn effective, or it looks great, or it's just fun to do, what's your favorite MA technique?

For me, it's morote-seoi-nage, the two-handed over-the-shoulder judo throw. Watching somebody do it, it looks pretty cool... but when you do it on somebody who doesn't know how to ukemi, it'll knock the wind out of 'em. Unless they drag you down with 'em (that's happened more than a few times).

10th degree. Yeah, I said 10th degree. White belt, o'course. This long and I haven't been promoted once? I must really suck.

Favorite Throw: Tomoe-nage

Favorite Technique: LEFT HOOK!

*eyes JKDC menacingly* Hush up!

Regards,
    CrimsonTiger

"You kicked me in the HEAD! You NEVER throw kicks! How'd you do that? Wires?!" - Sempai Phil (my last sparring partner)
    Regards,
    CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
    One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
    Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine

Comment

Stylistic amateurs... (*snicker)
      When will you ever learn that having a favorite technique will get you KILLED in a real combat situation. SCAB Professionals have no favorite techniques, thus allowing the Professional Fighter(TM) to attack wherever he pleases.
      (*Passes a little gas)

Sincerely,
      Your friendly neighborhood SCAB(TM) Professional

Comment

Left MT roundhouse.
        It's only fun and games until somebody loses and eye. Then it's fun and games in two dimensions!

Comment

BTW, anyone who says "left punch" or "right kick" is totally lame.

My favorite technique is ikkyo to a kick flip. Put them in ikkyo with the "wrong" foot forward, then swing your back leg over their head and turn around. Roll backwards, keeping a hold of their wrist for the heel kick to the face and then armbar for the finish.

Comment

Right MT roundhouse.....or palm to the face.....or flying elbow strike (lol)

--
            Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
            The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed later.
            No brain, no gain.
            Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

Being a boxer, I really enjoy learning and using different combinations.

Comment

Striking: Pounding Palm

Throw: O-soto-gari & Sasae Tsurikomi Ashi

Lock: Upward elbow wrap (key lock) standing or ground

Kick: Knee to thigh

- Skummer -

Comment

HADOUKEN
                  "The morning glory blooms for an hour. It differs not at heart from the giant pine, which lives for a thousand years."

Comment

my favorite technique is the one i bury you with.

Comment

shoveling-do?

--
                      Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
                      The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed later.
                      No brain, no gain.
                      Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

Throws: Kote Gaeshi, iriminagi, & shihonage omote
                        Punch: Tiger's paw
                        Kick: Anything that breaks a knee

"I do not agree with what you have to say but, I will defend to the death your right to say it."
                        -Voltaire

Comment

Volvo to the side of the knee.
                          Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Comment

For me, it's morote-seoi-nage, the two-handed over-the-shoulder judo throw. Watching somebody do it, it looks pretty cool... but when you do it on somebody who doesn't know how to ukemi, it'll knock the wind out of 'em. Unless they drag you down with 'em (that's happened more than a few times).
                            That's a good'un. Very fast and powerful. Actually, if you chose, you could throw the uke headfirst into the ground. Sometimes if tori executes the throw improperly, you'll also get the same effect. I've gone headfirst into the crash pad many times from a bad morote. If the tori has control, then you're really really fucked. If uke doesn't know ukemi and he takes a full power morote seoinage, concussion at the very least.

Me personally, I like harai-goshi and uchimata.

~
                            my name is daniel jo

Comment

Working...
                            X