Challenging Emin Boztepe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenging Emin Boztepe

I was trying to find some info on whether anyone has actually had a challenge match with Emin... I know he supposedly challenged Royce or some other Gracie, and they supposedly refused, by his account. And of course the infamous girlfight with William Cheung. But if Emin is such a hardass, then surely he has accepted and won challenges before? All I could find are these:

http://www.realfighting.com/0102/jonblumi.htm

If you read down a ways in this interview, there's a bit when Bluming discusses some of his students paying a visit to Emin Boztepe in order to challenge him.

And, this was just hilarious;

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...ad.php?t=38077

Boztepe is obviously a very clever man to sidestep this challenge so smoothly while stroking the ego of the challenger. Brilliant.

So, has anyone heard of an actual challenge to Emin that was accepted?

I havent

Thanks for the links that was some funny shit!

I liked the part when he says "why do you want to fight me"

"Well it's strictly business i saw you featured in an industry magazine"= the dude should have just fought him who gives a shit about ego.

Comment

I thought it was Emin that refused the Gracie's challenge, after they accepted his.
      Something about he didn't like the rule set or conditions or something...

Comment

Originally posted by FingerorMoon?
        I thought it was Emin that refused the Gracie's challenge, after they accepted his.
        How old is he now btw? must be getting up there.........

Comment

From the interview (2nd link), like the plot from a bad kung fu movie

Comment

if that's true he got owned hard at least step up and take the beating. This isnt about just making money as most of know here.

Comment

Originally posted by FingerorMoon?
              Here's his account of it, but it doesn't make much sense to me.

http://www.realfighting.com/0102/emin.htm

Comment

Thats all BS.....Try the search feature at top.

Comment

Yeah the ego stroking bit is out of control funny. And then the would be challenger wonder why he feels 'unsatisfied' somehow with the whole affair. Maybe because once Emin hyped you up as 'a brave young man' to his whole seminar, you decided on the spot that Emin MUST be a great martial artist to see how great you were? I bet this guy gets conned into doing stuff by women all the time, "you know I have all this yardwork to do, and I really need to build a new fence, but its just SO much work, I wish I had a BIG STRONG MAN like you to help.."

Whats most pathetic is that he actually manages to convince himself that it was all about 'sensing Emin's strength' or some such bullshit. Its amazing how good people are at deluding themselves when it suits them.

Comment

Dr._Tzun_Tzu - which part of which story is BS? Lots of different events and accounts being discussed here.

Comment

Originally posted by alittlebird
                      Yeah the ego stroking bit is out of control funny. And then the would be challenger wonder why he feels 'unsatisfied' somehow with the whole affair. Maybe because once Emin hyped you up as 'a brave young man' to his whole seminar, you decided on the spot that Emin MUST be a great martial artist to see how great you were? I bet this guy gets conned into doing stuff by women all the time, "you know I have all this yardwork to do, and I really need to build a new fence, but its just SO much work, I wish I had a BIG STRONG MAN like you to help.."

Whats most pathetic is that he actually manages to convince himself that it was all about 'sensing Emin's strength' or some such bullshit. Its amazing how good people are at deluding themselves when it suits them.
                      Here's the thing now and we all know this. This site helps the evolution of MMA you make a challenge and start trouble you better step up. Now we all know street fighting sucks im not going to say how many ive had. But jesus who's keeping count wtf dont get in them a real bonafide martial artist would step up and accept rules. Fuck if he pulled that shit today on Bullshido it wouldnt work. There's just to many fighters here who back each other up for that sort of crap and we dont care about ego.......The guys pretty old anyway so really he's not much of an issue.

Comment

The Gracie challenge
                        At one time, the Gracies issued challenges to a dozen or so famous martial arts practitioners in the United States, Emin among them. To gain new members for their organization, Emin says, Leung Ting and Mr. Kernspecht ignited the spark that caused bad blood between the Gracies and the EWTO. Emin says he had nothing to do with this, his hands were tied and he didn't wish to speak up against Leung Ting and Mr. Kernspecht, who fueled these rumors. Instead of dealing with this themselves, they advanced Emin's name.
                        Thanks for the link. So according to Emin's own words, he clearly backed out.
                        His name was put forward, the Gracies accepted.
                        He then responsed with 'I didn't ask for this, and refuse it'.

Thats fair enough, but its still backing out.

Comment

I dont see Gracies backing down . sorry NO also ive only met renzo a few times but one of his students is a close friend and im saying right now gracie family will not discount a challenge if it's made correctly and the fighter is worth the time. If Boztepe wants to start shit again feel free is what i say. He's an old man now, so why is this being brought up btw?!
                          Last edited by Jay Zarella; 9/01/2005 6:05pm, .

Comment

At the end of the day saying the Gracies backed down is a laugh -- they actually have a history of fighting people -- Emin just mugged some joke of a WC GM at a seminar or some such shit.

Comment

I dont want to hear squat about gracies turning down a challenge. That's bullshit. Your a qualified fighter they will accept in fact there's enough family tree now that any challenge doesnt even have to be accepted by a gracie. "gracie trained" blackbelt students etc. etc. that's why this sort of shit doesnt fly on bullshido.

JKD chick>Me well because i like her. she can beat my ass any day of the week

JKD rules.
                              Last edited by Jay Zarella; 9/01/2005 9:09pm, .

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X