Boxing-martial art?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxing-martial art?

Is boxing really considered a "martial art"?

Dont mess w/ boxers,
    they'l fuck u up!

Dude,

What the hell is wrong with you? Let me guess, you're a boxer right? Let's look at your last 10 TOPICS posted...

My Picture

Recent Topics
    Boxing-martial art?
    Boxer vs. Thai Boxer
    boxing-bjj
    Any reason to take a TMA?
    Boxing?
    CustomTitles and Avatars
    What's the biggest problem with YOUR style?
    How would someone like "Iron" Mike Tyson do in UFC
    most effective?
    Roy Jones Jr.

DO WE SEE A COMMON FUCKING THEME!?!?

We like something called diversity on this site. Try it, you may like it.

Regards,
    CrimsonTiger

"You kicked me in the HEAD! You NEVER throw kicks! How'd you do that? Wires?!" - Sempai Phil (my last sparring partner)
    Regards,
    CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
    One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
    Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine

Comment

Lol. That was almost amusing. But not really. Besides, what is it to u if I have interest toards boxing. BITCH!

Dont mess w/ boxers,
      they'l fuck u up!

Comment

Diversity? You sound like some P.C. biatch.

**You're all a-holes**

Comment

i think they should knee in the clinch....and use elbows and kicks.....
          that would be something i would watch

--
          Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
          The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed later.
          Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

Boxing is a part of medieval English martial arts.

Comment

today's stuff is toned down......

--
              Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
              The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed later.
              Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

This is NOT a pure boxing website. So start talk about more than just trying to get people think that boxing is the best martial arts ever.

First of all, I promise you will NEVER see every body on this form agree that one style is the best ever.

Second, if you are just a boxer with no other martial arts knowledge and want to put other styles down then I would suggest you go find a boxing message board.

Just throw rock at it and it will go away.

"I would rather admit I am a lousy student than say I am the best, because once you think you are the best, there is no reason to continue learning."
                I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Comment

I don't know.

Should 'mixed martial arts' (like we see in UFC,PRIDE,etc) be considered a martial art?

The art has been taken out of it.

--------
                  Make friends with them until they beg for mercy.
                  --------
                  The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
                  - Pizdoff

Comment

I am not hating. If he don't know any other martial arts and want to put down everything (which is probably what he has been trying to do). Then he have no right to be here in first place.

If he studies or know about another style then that is fine. That is the way he will be able to discuss about other styles instead of just saying Boxing own every one ass! On every posts.

Just throw rock at it and it will go away.

"I would rather admit I am a lousy student than say I am the best, because once you think you are the best, there is no reason to continue learning."
                    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Comment

fight sport, not martial art. i don't necessarily believe this site has much to do with martial arts. it seems like anyone who teaches an actual ART is branded Bullshido by many here. most martial ARTISTS couldnt give two shits about street effectiveness.

Comment

Boxer train hard and punch hard. That is one reason boxing don't get much cussing like tkd/karate/kungfu despite the fact that boxing don't have kick or grappling.

The reason some martial arts get cussed here is more to do with hyporcracy these arts engage such as their supposedly invincible master/sensei/sifu and their so-deadly-secret techniques. Kyokushin karate and thai kickboxing are TMA but they hanve none of that bullshit so they aren't even considered as TMA in here.

Comment

but even the average layperson knows that a martial art is supposed to have some kind of philosophy or moral code. fighting does not equal martial art.

Comment

witness iaido, tai chi, or some aikido. for the most part completely devoid of practical use or physical conditioning, and the practitioners know it. so why do they train? there has to be something else there. that's what makes it an art.

Comment

thai boxing and wrestling i consider sports. that's my point.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X