Escapes from Rear naked choke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Escapes from Rear naked choke

I was wondering if anyone had any interesting escapes from what seems to be one of the best chokes...

Here are two of mine:
    From standing: drop your weight down into a deep full horse, pulling his arms and upper body over and down so that you can get your fingers inside the choke, allowing the blood to flow. Then pivot your body towards the elbow in front of you. From there leverage the forarm into an elbow break.

From sitting, opp is kneeling behind you. Take the thumb, shoot it straight up on either side of your head(whichever side the opp is on) directly under the opp's jaw. Push up and around hard, resulting in the opp falling over to your side.

Edited by - brandeissansoo on March 16 2003 17:10:55

lol

<Me> John, what do you know about Zen Buddhism? <John> *smacks me*
    <John> I'd have to smack you sometime...
    Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."

Comment

If he doesn't have his wrists dug in behind you, like if he is still wrapping you up, you can rap on his wrist or on the top of his hand with your fore-knuckles really fast (like knocking on a door) and he might let go. Its really uncomfortable.

If he has it sunk in, there is a point on the top side of his forearm, just off the elbow (put your arm in that position and knock around with a single extended knuckle, you'll know when you find it) .. now one strike won't do much but if you start rapping on it like mad it will make his arm go limp and he will start screaming ooooow!

Generally beating on the underside of his arms with the knuckle of your thumb can weaken him some.

If he can't get a good lock wait till he gets sweaty and pull his fingers apart.

Punch him in the balls until he loosens his grip. When he loosens it pull on the arm and break the hold.

>> Perhaps it was because I had an inherent skill for the science and never deviated from natural principles. - Miyamoto Musashi 1643

Comment

The only escape I know is tapping out, unconsciousness, and/or death.

~
        daniel

Comment

Are you all talking about a standing rear naked or one from a grounded back mount? I've always been taught not to use a standing rear naked, asmy instructor used to do this funky judo/greco like throw that I never picked up, to demonstrate why it was a bad idea.

Rear Naked on the ground in back mount: You're completely fucked once it's sunk in. Tap or pass out.

The best escape to any rear naked choke is: Don't get caught in a rear naked .

Edited by - NSLightsOut on March 16 2003 17:20:43

Comment

Rear naked from any position

Comment

Are you familiar with the back mount position? Basically, to give you an idea, your opponent is sitting directly behind you, legs around your waist, with feet inside your legs, keeping them wide. If you roll your opponent, you'll end up on your stomach, a really bad position unless you happen to be a certain purple belt and former bodybuilder I've trained with.

If you do use the thumb into jaw thing, you've just given me your arm. If I haven't got a good rear naked, I'll just go for an armlock or kimura. Stuff like that in my experience isn't pain, it's discomfort.

Comment

I'm sure it depends how hard you do it. There's always a counter to the counter to the counter, I'm just interested in escapes from the rear naked.

BTW I tried out the thumb under the jaw tech this weekend at class, and it works.

Comment

There's always a counter to the counter to the counter.
                  Uh brandeis, I love ya and you're my boy and all, but that just ain't so.

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
                  Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

Ok fine, you got me. A lot of the time there is a counter to the counter to the counter.

Comment

Sweet!
                      Wastrel:1 Brandeis:0

Can you post an owned pic for me? I don't have a domain.

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
                      Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

is this bjj or vale tudo that we're talking about here ?

Comment

Not a chance.

Comment

Rel: real life.

Wastrel: we're 1-1 now!

Comment

Damn. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X