Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cakemaster
    I'll kill bulls. One day.

With nothing more than a jar of Marmite.
    ummm... o.O

Comment

Originally posted by NRAhab
      I think that there's a lot of unwarranted prejudice against TKD and other sporty techniques. If you realize that you're not learning practical defense techniques and simply do it for the exercise/fun if it, there's nothing wrong with any style of MA.
      B.S. ->

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Comment

What I'm saying is that as long as you have an open mind about exactly what it is you're doing, no martial art is bad.

For instance, if when doing Olympic TKD you know that it'll never be useful anywhere outside the ring, and you do it for the exercise, you're good to go.

Or if you do one of those silly RBSD thingies, but understand that the lack of full-speed hard contact practice will impair your ability to use it if you need.

Or if you're one of those muscle-bound sportfighters, you're good as long as you understand that your art does not make you superman.

If you carry a gun, understand that your gun doesn't make you invulnerable.

I could go on forever, but in my opinion, no practice of martial arts of any type is bad, as long as you understand precisely what you're doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cakemaster
          I'll kill bulls. One day.

With nothing more than a jar of Marmite.
          I accidentally tasted Marmite on a visit to London a month ago. Is it really meant for people to eat??

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcFu
            If you are in Dallas, drop me a pm. I used to live there and maybe able to help you out.
            Thanks MrMcFu. I don't seem to have the ability to PM here. I am close to Dallas area, so if you have any advice I'd appreciate it.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X