TEMPLE OF THE FULL AUTUMN MOON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TEMPLE OF THE FULL AUTUMN MOON

I did a search here and got only three results, which were from the 'Why aren't you doing BJJ?' thread. So, in any case. I was bored at work and taking payments and I got a check in the mail from DBA La Jolla Self Defense, so I looked them up and found them on a listing for San Diego MA schools and saw this TEMPLE OF THE FULL AUTUMN MOON.

So I've been reading their website.

Quality stuff, gentlemen. Although I know that we're supposed to not rag on a place or an instructor we haven't seen, I just had to post this.

This is not a studio sport. We do not teach white belts to "free spar" - frankly because they will invariably resort to the very bad habits we are trying to break. We do not enter our students in tournaments, not because we feel our art is unable to compete but because our art teaches the students to always beware of multiple attackers. This means that our techniques focus on eliminating an opponent immediately rather than dancing around like a ring boxer. Tournaments emphasize habits and attitudes that conflict with the philosophy of Ninjitsu. Rather than the "look at me" attitude that seems inherent with trophy competition, we teach an attitude of "awareness all around me" which is readily transferable to all aspects of life.

We believe that there are plenty of sports available to help people develop a sense of sportsmanship, competitive edge and personal recognition. Saito Ninjitsu is not a sport, nor do we emphasize competition. In fact, our goal is to help develop a mature quiet confidence that comes from real fighting skills that are banned or too dangerous for slapboxing matches.
    :5question

t3h d34dl3y :bduh:

http://www.tfam.com/programs/index.htm

7895 Convoy Court Suite #13
    San Diego, CA 92111

I found that this place is really close to my apartment and I'm thinking maybe I should go say 'hey fellas' because they're really good-lookin' fellas and I"m actaully very curious to see if this place is as creepy as I imagine it.

In any case, what would the bullshido community suggest?

Also, I'm not tough, so Emevas, BSD, Csinca or some other local fella might have to come along to protect me in case these guys decide to back up their statement 'We will be glad to demonstrate these claims for those who would like to have more explanation' and hurt my fragile self. :sad5:

He's got a picture with Hatsumi sensei, so he must be legit!(even though he doesn't mention training at all with him).

Comment

Be warned! If you bring a buddy along, they will annihilate you with their oh-so-deadly multiple attacker jutsu! Now if you just go by yourself, they will be confused and disoriented.
      DIDN'T YOU KNOW?! The Chinese know everything! And they knew it 4,000 years before YOU did!

"Yes. Yes I am. I'm clearly illiterate and dictating this post to a squadron of several dozen trained jumping beans I've coearced into living on my keyboard, each named after a letter or character, which bounce up and down as I call their names." -JohnnyCache

Comment

Originally posted by Kistrael
        Be warned! If you bring a buddy along, they will annihilate you with their oh-so-deadly multiple attacker jutsu! Now if you just go by yourself, they will be confused and disoriented.
        It would be funny if you showed up to spar and, after they agreed to match you up with a student, you brought out three friends.

Comment

Damn, how much of that crap that we just can't ignore is there. It's a loosing battle. maybe this crap is good? -they survived the gene battles afterall (I'm surprised)...
          You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
          FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
          Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
          Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Camus

Also, I'm not tough, so Emevas, BSD, Csinca or some other local fella might have to come along to protect me in case these guys decide to back up their statement 'We will be glad to demonstrate these claims for those who would like to have more explanation' and hurt my fragile self. :sad5:

Make sure if you step onto the mat with them, you slap them with teh d34dley Chinese Slap Boxing.

Take some friends with you, but more importantly, take some video. =D

-dagorilla

Comment

I just did a yahoo image search for "ninja", and the very first picture shown was a toy "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle" riding on a guys penis. I think that says it all.
              Mauro: Coming into the ring now is Giant Silva. 7 foot 2, 385 lbs, making his debut in Pride.
              Bas: Wow, that is one big guy!
              Mauro: He must have an enormous Johnson!
              Bas: Ur…I suppose.
              Mauro: What are his keys to victory here in the Pride ring tonight?
              Bas: Well I think he needs to use his reach, avoid Heaths takedowns, and try to use his size to overpower him.
              Mauro: I mean, imagine the size of that thing!
              Bas: Now Heath is coming into the ring…
              Mauro: Do women really like them that big? Doesn’t it hurt?
              Bas: I really wouldn’t know.
              Mauro: I’m starting to feel a little insecure.
              Bas: Let’s just talk about the fight.
              Mauro: You’re right, el Basito. What are Heaths keys to winning here tonight. What does he have to do? What are his strategies for emerging victorious here in the Saitama Super Arena tonight?
              Bas: Well, the first thing…
              Mauro: My wife says she doesn’t like them too big, that it’s all about how you use it.
              Bas: That’s not what she told me.

Comment

Did anyone read this section?

http://www.tfam.com/headmaster/index.htm

The man has some experience.... Special Forces... Navy SEAL's... U.N Peace keeping forces (3 tours)... CIA Counter Terrorist...

... add to it he is fluent in Mandarin after spending 2 years in a Chan temple as well as 1 B.A and two Masters from Ivy leagues...

.. and that is before his MA credentials which include... 10th Degree Ninjutsu as well as the credential to teach in the "Fu family Wu Dang arts" (from Grand Sifu Bow Sim Mark)....

... and you thought you had accomplished something? huh? :-)

Would be fun to make a few phone calls to check up on this...

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Deadly
                  I just did a yahoo image search for "ninja", and the very first picture shown was a toy "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle" riding on a guys penis. I think that says it all.
                  pics

Here's what I found:
                  probably nsfw

Break me off some of that, baby!

Comment

This sight is ruining Ninjas for me. Ninjas used to be these all powerful, mysterious, hidden assassins. Now the overwhelming majority of them are just a bunch of bullshit peddlers.

I'm starting to hate ninjas almost as much as I hate zombies. Finding actual specimens of one seems about as likely as the other and if I do find them, which ones am I to shoot in the head again?
                    If God carried a gun, it would be a 1911.

Assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit - Cicero

Fortitudine Vincimus - Ernest Shackelton :englishmo

A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

Comment

REAL ULTIMATE POWER

KIAI!!!!1

Comment

Originally posted by StinkyFlower
                        Did anyone read this section?

http://www.tfam.com/headmaster/index.htm

The man has some experience.... Special Forces... Navy SEAL's... U.N Peace keeping forces (3 tours)... CIA Counter Terrorist...

... add to it he is fluent in Mandarin after spending 2 years in a Chan temple as well as 1 B.A and two Masters from Ivy leagues...

.. and that is before his MA credentials which include... 10th Degree Ninjutsu as well as the credential to teach in the "Fu family Wu Dang arts" (from Grand Sifu Bow Sim Mark)....

... and you thought you had accomplished something? huh? :-)

Would be fun to make a few phone calls to check up on this...
                        Yes indeed

I think that, after my lunch break, I will have to make some calls to those universities.

In the meantime, what's that site that lists military servicemen or w/e and you can use to expose false military claims?

Since this guy is probably smart enough (and I'm a bad actor/liar), I think I might try to enroll my AZN gf or something if I can't make any headway. With that place's obsession with anything eastern, she will do nicely.

Comment

Good luck. I feel a serious investigation would be appropriate -not that I have a say in such matters.
                          You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
                          FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
                          Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
                          Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Comment

Actually, that place is right on my way home from work. I see there's a white belt class tonight. Think I'll go check it out as a "prospective" student. Call first to tell them I'm coming and all that.

Thoughts?
                            Last edited by Captain Spaulding; 7/27/2005 2:23pm, .

Comment

but also many improvised weapon arts including the Tengu Kenjutsu (double spinning swords) taught nowhere else in the world.
                              except by an ENTIRE FUCKING KENJUTSU DISCIPLINE

what the hell is a spinning sword?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X