Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie needs advice on dojo

Hello all,

Been reading alot of the forums and figured I should register now.

I am interested in starting Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. There is a dojo in Atlanta, I was looking at. Being that I am new to this in every way I don't know if the instuctors are good and not Bullshido.

The dojo is part of Alliance Martial Arts Center. The website is:

www.alliancebjj.com

Anyone know about this place or its instructors?

thanks for the help.

At a quick glance, it seems like a very legitimate place. They say they have produced many champions in BJJ.

Comment

I think you should go challenge them to a fight to see how good they are. I think someone did that once.

Comment

Bullshido no. Looks expensive. Maybe McDojo depending on how much they asking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Yrkoon9
          I think you should go challenge them to a fight to see how good they are. I think someone did that once.
          You're mean.
          Originally posted by Osiris
          Imagine if track was run like the martial arts community. While the winning teams would just sprint down the field, smoking the competition, you'd have a bunch of losers running around explaining how they can skip down the track just as fast. Never mind that it doesn't fucking work. Oh no, they're too fast for track. They run on the STREET.

Comment

Team Alliance is the team to beat in Georgia BJJ. Jacare was a black belt under Rolls Gracie (awarded just before Rolls died unexpectedly in a hang gliding accident). I took a class there, liked it, but decided to train at a (closer, cheaper) satellite school under one of Jacare's black belts, "Bull" Shaw (www.alliancemarietta.com). Top-notch instruction. Other good schools are the Velocity Kickboxing (they also do BJJ) schools at three locations (www.velocitykickboxing.com), or the Tiger Academy (www.tigeracademy.com).

(Edited for URLs)

Comment

dude, alliance kicks ass. you'd be an idiot not to train there. that's my opinion

Comment

If he knows no martial arts and challenges them to a fight, won't he get owned no matter how good the place is? I know some really bad Karatekas that while no match for a trained fighter could easily whoop someone who has no clue what he's doing...

yes I know my sense of humor died...

Comment

Hi, Blue9, what part of town are you in?
                  Locu5
                  combat sports hobbyist

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X