Most useful instruction vids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most useful instruction vids

Sure, nothing beats live practice, but I'm sure we've all fallen back to videos at some point for some instruction/enlightenment. Just as surely, we've cursed some producers for capitalizing on a great name with a lousy tape full of bullshido.

So, to save the rest of us some pain and a whole lotta cash and for personal edification, which videos did/do the ppl here find the most useful? What would you learn from it, what makes this particular tape/series so great and why? How many times have you watched it?

i have mario sperry's secrets of submission grappling.
    mario does not only present moves, he also presents strategies, which what is like about his instructionals.
    i'm still trying to perfect the moves and strategy in bjj class.
    works 5 out of 9 times for me. in the future, i hope the success rate is gonna get higher for me.

Comment

I like Bas Rutten's instructional tapes. Good stuff for MMA.

Comment

Bas's is on my 'to get' list.

I just received the first tape in the Frank Shamrock series - about home fitness workouts.

Watched it last night, pretty good.

--------
        Make friends with them until they beg for mercy.
        --------
        The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
        - Pizdoff

Comment

We make our own videos at the club to demonstrate our techniques, and pass them around

There's something inside me that pulls beneath the surface, consuming...

Comment

I've got three of Bram Frank's videos done for Spyderco. I like the first of them the best and really liked the the anatomy cut-and-effect lesson. I pull it out whenever we get into a stab v. slash debate at my house.

Comment

I gotta get some gary dill videos.

Comment

yeah Bas Rutten's, or any MMA/Submission fighting artist's, like Fran Shamrock's, Brazillian Top Teams..

Dibble, so what's better - stab or slash?
                "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Comment

Dave Hopkins' older videos are great. Dynamic takedowns covers some of the most common(and good) san soo takedowns. Good explanation, they do them with speed and resistance, and plus you get to see how Master Hopkins used to look like an in-shape Steven Seagal with blonde hair.

Comment

Some of my favorites were/are:

paul vunak's "lost art of biting and eye gouging" (great for anytime anybody even thinks of slightly offending your fragile ego)

Dr Latourette's "speed slicing- how to cut a man 11 times or more in one second or less" (equally appropriate for intimidation and outright savage displays of abominable and murderous inhumanity)

and finally:
                    "HOMEMADE C4 - THE VIDEO" - paladin press ( strictly for information and academic purposes mind you).

Comment

OSIRIS HERE:
                      http://www.thespeedman.com/products/products.htm
                      (it is actually "how to cut a man 7 times or more" not 11, so unfortunately it might take an extra 2 or 3 seconds to absolutely slash his throat,face and neck to ribbons, all with correct morality and integrity , of course)

the homemade c4 video is a paladin press release (the company that brought us all such gems as the hitman manual and the beautiful "how to kill vol 1-4 and "best of how to kill" series)
                      you may find it or a link to it on the paladin-press.com site or on this site (I cant beleive sites like this still exist - http://www.wantsomfet.tk/)

anyway, I was not being serious, I find good stuff in every video (even the bad stuf is good coz it teaches you what NOT to do)

Comment

Dibble, so what's better - stab or slash?
                        Don't even. You did not just go there girlfriend. <2 snaps and a head twirl>

~
                        delirious

Comment

For standing locks and takedown/submission follow-ups I strongly suggest the "Practical Chin Na" series of tapes by Tim Cartmell.

- Skummer -

Comment

"I gotta get some gary dill videos."

does Dillman's KO pressure point crap actually work?

--
                            Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
                            The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed later.
                            Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X