Green Dragon Society - BS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green Dragon Society - BS?

I saw this on FightingArts.com, and did a seach here on Bullshido, but didn't see anything come up.

http://www.greendragonsociety.com/

Hooo.......this definitely reeks of Bullshido to me. Blood matches, secret training in caves, animal spirits, too deadly to compete, etc.

*retching*

Any Green Dragon folks here care to elaborate?

I've never seen a darkly lighted cave before.

PL

Comment

poop loops i noticed the same thing it was kind of strange wasnt it.

what do you do with these site do you email and ask questions or do you actually show up and challange them

Comment

I like how on the front part of the introduction it says "Gung-Fu the art of killing and restraint."

Isn't that like an oxy moron or something?

Comment

Originally posted by WildFire
          I like how on the front part of the introduction it says "Gung-Fu the art of killing and restraint."

Isn't that like an oxy moron or something?
          Well, "Gung-Fu the art of killing and not-killing" sounded COMPLETELY dumb, so they made a compromise. :lol:

Comment

My old boss mentioned that some of these guys were pretty hardcore back on the '70s. I guess there was a school in Chicago that had to close down because someone from another school got killed in a challenge match. Some people went to jail.

I don't know how much truth there is to it. It could be completely false, but I trust the guy who said it.

In any case, if it even happened, that was back in the '70s. There are many martial arts that enjoyed great reputations in the '70s that aren't so great now.

Comment

I just dont understand, we are human why learn or try to fight like an animal? Learn to fight like a Human.
              How often do you come across a leopard or tiger to fight them? hahaha
              This is total BS, everyone knows now days that the animal systems as great they are to watch are not effective, they contain too many flaws, im sure that at some stage in history they were very effective, however the Human animal has evolved has developed Human movement (Biomechanics) systems that incorporate, undoubtly every striking movment the human body can do.

I'll leave it at that!

Comment

Zing -

I believe you are refering to the Black Dragon society, of Count Dante and Ashida Kim fame. These Green Dragon folk seem to be another whole level or two down the legitimacy ladder.

But now that I think about it, the idea of being an animal in someone's darkly lit cave might be just what I'm looking for.......

C'mon guys, who's with me?

Guys?

Anyone?

Comment

i can be wrong but i think i heard a rumour about these two
                  dragon societies fighting and one guy got killed.

apparently dantes school barged in with weapons and they fought and a guy died in
                  the fight .this could be an entierly different school on another place in the usa
                  i just remembered something i heard on a different board 3-4 years ago

is there any truth in this ?

Comment

Back in the 1970's this kind of thing happened. Dojo storming. Challenge death matches. Dragon societies. It's all real. Fucking ninja's every last one of them. Running around cutting people's heads off and everything. Flipping out for no reason and chop sake! Lop sao! Yup chagi! Sai to the eye!

Comment

"Gung-Fu is the Art of Killing and Restraint"

Not in conjunction, obviously.
                      Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
                      Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .

Comment

It is funny to hear mention of Count Dante again. I remember seeing his picture and send-away membership in comic books when i was a child.As for the Green Dragon society, never heard of them. Sounds like alot of hot air, but you never know until you meet the guys ...I suppose.
                        " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Comment

Originally posted by slavegan
                          i can be wrong but i think i heard a rumour about these two
                          dragon societies fighting and one guy got killed.

apparently dantes school barged in with weapons and they fought and a guy died in
                          the fight .this could be an entierly different school on another place in the usa
                          i just remembered something i heard on a different board 3-4 years ago

is there any truth in this ?
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Count_Dante -

"The various enmities culminated in the Dojo War incident of 1970 where Dante and some of his students went to a rival dojo of the Green Dragon Society's Black Cobra Hall. According to press coverage, upon entering the school, they claimed to be police officers and attacked the rival dojo's students. The brief battle resulted in the death of one of Dante's friends and fellow sensei, Jim Koncevic. As a result of this incident, Dante became much more subdued in his activities."

There are a couple of guys in Chicago trying to pull money together for a documentary on Keehan.
                          Check out the Bullshido.net Western Martial Arts Forum for all things Western, martial and arty.

Bartitsu: the Gentlemanly Art of Self Defence (est. 1899)

Comment

Get onto Floyd Webb's site SEARCH FOR COUNT DANTE. All will be revealed!

Comment

memories

count dante was around when l was teaching in the early 60s . he was a hairdresser who claimed to be the worlds most dangerous man . l was in the us when he apparently went to a chinese school with some students and walked in and challenged them . it went outside when one of dantes students pulled a gun and got himself killed . as to green dragon there was one around years ago that sold cources on vcr tapes and sets from various styles in black belt and other mags. they claimed they had one of ours and a student of mine bought it and it was not even close. maybe they have just changed their mo.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X