Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dan Webre is Patrick Swayze is James Dalton ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dan Webre is Patrick Swayze is James Dalton ...

in "Road House"!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Dan Webre
    About a few years back I was hired as a cooler to clean up a strip club that catered 50/50 half military guys, the other half the types I am talking about.

The owner was losing money because these guys would always beat the crap out of the much bigger spending military crowd..
    To put it bluntly they were killing business.A lucrative one at that..........

So I start and check the place out as a "customer" . Regardless of the money I didnt feel comfortable with the crowd, but still had to do my job.

I hope this doesnt sound nutty, and I am stating it in a way that is understandable......Anyway.............

I had to deal with it. I started with changing policies to the dress code and adding a small cover. This wiped out alot of them off the bat. The ones I had to deal with I learned to teach myself to "break them down"
    The guys that made my skin crawl, mentally became a set of anatomical targets.

Meaning the guy became no more than a knee or neck to strike, not a whole person......Just targets.........
    If their arm was on a girl, it became no more than a handle to manipulate or lock up and get them out of the place as quickly as possible.

Aot of the guys were good men. Hardworking shipyard or Longshoreman who were getting off of a long days work and just wanting to kick back and enjoy the girls or have a few beers.

Overtime I became "friends" with a few. Real good guys.........That type of guy just bothers me for some reason......
    I dork harder than any of you can imagine.

- Hedgehoney

Where do we demarcate fiction?

Comment

I remember reading that the other day. I'm actually bored with pointing out how many obviously ciniematic references Webre uses in all his anecdotes. There is no such thing as a "cooler." There may be a head of security, or a manager, but never a "cooler." I swear they invented the term for that stupid movie.

The more he talks the stupider he sounds.
      And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Comment

I know some of you must be sick of it, but MAN! I never get tired of it. Oooh, boy. Like fart jokes on the "Family Guy." If loving Dan Webre's flights of fancy is wrong, I don't wanna be right.
        I dork harder than any of you can imagine.

- Hedgehoney

Comment

Road House sucked.

Comment

... except for when the bad tough guy says "I used to fuck guys like you in prison" and then Patrick Swayze rips his larynx out.
            "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

Comment

You know...I thought Dan Webre would be bigger.

Comment

I've never been at a bar that had a 140 lb bouncer.

Bus Boy, yes.

Comment

I'm glad this guy was around to save all those salty lads from the HMS Pinafore; longshoremen and dockworkers can indeed be knavish scoundrels.

What, this wasn't a period piece?
                  Sgt. Shenault: "They shoot-in'! They shoot-in'!"
                  Moi: *removes headphones* "So shoot back." *replaces headphones*

Hanging out with small groups of scared, well-armed young men without responsible adult supervision since 1999.

Comment

Patrick Swayze called, he wants his character back. I can't beleive he used the term "cooler". Thats just fucking retarded.

Franco

Comment

That movie had 2 things going for it:

1. Sam Elliott
                      2. The Jeff Healey Band

Too bad everyone else was busy mailing in the most sucktastic performance of their careers.
                      Originally posted by Canuckyokushin
                      I would so do Buttsecks.

Comment

Hey I know dan webre... he a fucking english guy aged about 22... I swear this sounds just like a guy I know... every fight he has ever "been in" or "seen" is from some movie... hell a friend and I play guess the movie every time he starts with "this one time in a fight"...
                        "If you can get it from my kungfu grip then you can have it... otherwise... step off b*t*h!!!" - Meet the Parents

"Hetero or Homo I don't see anyone telling him, "NO SIR I WILL NOT TAKE IT IN THE ASS!!!" " - Asia

"My neighbor has what he calls an "immortality potion" that will let you live forever.
                        People have been telling him that it's stupid and will not work... for 1200 years." - Leodom

Banish Uncertainty
                        Affirm Strength
                        Hold Resolve
                        Expect Death - read in a book

http://uk.360.yahoo.com/shadowdh

Comment

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, just fucking WHOA!!!! "Roadhouse" wasn't a documentary?!?!
                          Kuha'o - Kela - Koa

Comment

Well, as Dan Webre always says....when a man puts a gun in your face you've got 2 choices. You can die, or you can kill the motherfucker.

Comment

Can someone post a link for this nutjob. I'd love to see his stuff.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X