Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another exposed to the fraud that is Ashida Kim...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another exposed to the fraud that is Ashida Kim...

I will probably get flamed for the stupidity of my little experience, so I will try to keep this long story short.

When I was homeless and had given up on any concepts I once held dear (religious concepts) when I was but 16 years old, I stumbled onto a book called "Secrets of the Ninja." Which perked my interests, and also served as a spring-board into Taoism, which came to accept as one of the basis of my beliefs, but I also took too seriously the concepts of ninjitsu in that book.

Never being able to afford or even have time for a teacher of Jiu Jitsu that I was first interested in at 13, any training I have recieved has been more or less self-taught, and through harsh experience by trial-by-fire.

I was for awhile, questioning what was taught in Ashida Kim's books because of discrepancies, and the usefulness of what was being preached inside. And when I had finally got a computer and found Kim's website, coupled with Bullshido, has confirmed for me that Ashida Kim is a fraud of the worst kind, and which is quite disturbing for me, considering my past and the impact his books have had on my life.

Recently, I have begun to study Jeet Kune Do and Muay Thai, but Taoism still important in my life, but after this discovery, it has taught me that the world is full of lies, and all things, no matter who they are are taught by should be questioned. So in a way, Ashida Kim's fraudulent teaching has helped me, hurt me and helped me again.

I guess the moral of this story is, and I quote...

"Bullshit is everywhere, Bullshit is Rampant!" -George Carlin

There are no secrets.

Train hard, train often. Test yourself against others. Taoism has nothing against discipline and effort.

Carry on and good luck.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Comment

Taoism=agricultural gods, right?
      That civilisation may not sink,
      Its great battle lost,
      Quiet the dog, tether the pony
      To a distant post;
      Our master Caesar is in the tent
      Where the maps are spread,
      His eyes fixed upon nothing,
      A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Comment

'Studying' JKD and MT is next to nothing.

Find a competant teacher/school and TRAIN in them.

Comment

Ashida Kim deals in platitudes, which is why every now and then he says something that might help you. It's not because he's wise, but because he's repeating well-established platitudes.
          Lone Wolf McQuade Final Fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmrDe_mYUXg

Comment

Originally posted by Wounded Ronin
            Ashida Kim deals in platitudes, which is why every now and then he says something that might help you. It's not because he's wise, but because he's repeating well-established platitudes.
            His story kind of mirrors how you used to like Wong Kiew Kit as a teenager but then found out he was a total fraud.

Comment

Very much so.
              Lone Wolf McQuade Final Fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmrDe_mYUXg

Comment

Originally posted by Thorfinn
                I will probably get flamed for the stupidity of my little experience, so I will try to keep this long story short.

When I was homeless and had given up on any concepts I once held dear (religious concepts) when I was but 16 years old, I stumbled onto a book called "Secrets of the Ninja." Which perked my interests, and also served as a spring-board into Taoism, which came to accept as one of the basis of my beliefs, but I also took too seriously the concepts of ninjitsu in that book.

Never being able to afford or even have time for a teacher of Jiu Jitsu that I was first interested in at 13, any training I have recieved has been more or less self-taught, and through harsh experience by trial-by-fire.

I was for awhile, questioning what was taught in Ashida Kim's books because of discrepancies, and the usefulness of what was being preached inside. And when I had finally got a computer and found Kim's website, coupled with Bullshido, has confirmed for me that Ashida Kim is a fraud of the worst kind, and which is quite disturbing for me, considering my past and the impact his books have had on my life.

Recently, I have begun to study Jeet Kune Do and Muay Thai, but Taoism still important in my life, but after this discovery, it has taught me that the world is full of lies, and all things, no matter who they are are taught by should be questioned. So in a way, Ashida Kim's fraudulent teaching has helped me, hurt me and helped me again.

I guess the moral of this story is, and I quote...

"Bullshit is everywhere, Bullshit is Rampant!" -George Carlin
                Just remember, the philosophies we study in life only hold up a mirror. If you saw, or derived, something positive from them, it was because you saw something good in the mirror - something that was already inside you.

I had a friend kind of like you - he was from a religious background, and when that fell apart for him as a framework, he kind of rebelled. Ok, he really rebelled. He did drugs, whipped ass, lived in the gutter - the full trip. And he found redemption, not through a philosophy as benevolent as Ashida Kim's, but through the White Supremacist movement.

For about three years, he toed their line, insisting that they'd taught him respect for his own mind, body, and future. (meaning we didn't really hang out) And here's the bitch - it worked. He got in shape, he got his GED, he started in community college, he got a job and bought a house . . . and one day, he realized it wasn't the nazism that fixed everything that was wrong with him - he did it himself, he just had a need to kind of blame it on outside forces.

All I'm saying is, as you outgrow Ashida Kim, pick the baby up out of the bathwater, and then through it out anyway.

Comment

There's one born every minute. And I've been one more than once.

Comment

I got more positive replies than I was expecting. Not that I am looking for online acceptance, but understanding is good nonetheless.

JohnnyCache, you're right. What did and does get me through life is me. That kinda reminds me of the part in the movie "Willow," when the village's next apprentice is being selected, and the old midget wizard asks the hopefuls, "The power to rule the world is in which finger?" And it turns out that Willow was going to pick his own finger, but didn't because of lack of confidence, but it was correct. Weird comparison, but maybe you get the idea. Anyways...

Comment

Johnny, I assume from what you said that your friend wised up and left the loonies?

People really underestimate themselves. Whether it is by saying God gave you the power to do something, or the Devil made you do something evil. You can do plenty without God having to hold your hand, and you can be an evil bastard without the Devil's help. It's up to you to decide what you are going to do, ultimately.

PL

Comment

"People really underestimate themselves. Whether it is by saying God gave you the power to do something, or the Devil made you do something evil. You can do plenty without God having to hold your hand, and you can be an evil bastard without the Devil's help. It's up to you to decide what you are going to do, ultimately. "

^ damn, thats a fricken awesome way of putting things

Thorfinn, congrats on having the guts to look at things and admit your mistakes, so many people dont

Comment

I think anyone who flames this would be stupid for lack of a better word. An impressionable youth tries to learn more about an "easy way" to martial arts mastery. How is this unusual and/or stupid - what do you expect from a 16 yr old? I'd be more worried about the 16 year old who isn't interested in learning (even if it is "the wrong thing" to learn)

Comment

Nobody really flamed him. Everybody told him that it takes hard work, and that there is no magic in Taoism, any positive effect he got out of it is most likely due to himself, not an outside force. It's like my dad always tells me whenever I fail at something or try something new: "There are no miracles" (but in Polish :p), which by that he means I am on the same playing field as everybody else. Nobody suddenly got good at something, it took hard work and dedication, therefore it will take the same from me.

PL

Comment

Its sad how most of the famous, and slightly influential Martial Artists, are frauds. Its not that Taoism isn't real (no it is not agricultural gods) or that these arts are BS, but it is the people who take advantage of the ignorance of others, and raise themselves onto a pedestal. Some of these, if it wasn't for their fraudulent business, would be nothing. I wouldn't say WKK is an intentional fraud, but more of "disillusioned" as to what would really work. I mean I have no doubt the man practices internal breathing and meditation daily, it really does wonders for the martial arts. But perhaps it is his lack of fighting experience that creates this. Honestly, I've met more legit Shaolin teachers who are much more realistc in how to handle real life situations. But they weren't big, famous, had an online site, nor had hundreds of followers who would listen to anything he said. Most of the only real traditional Chinese Martial Arts practicioners I have met, are those who are realists, not full of "magic" or bs, and willing to teach and respect you at the same level that they are at.

Although they are rare, especially in a country were making money off the ignorant is so easy, don't be disillusioned and think that there aren't good people. Don't turn into an (MMA or CMA) asshole either, just keep searching.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X