Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do you post on Bullshido?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Why do you post on Bullshido?

    Why do you post here and waste countless working hours on this website?
    If you don't train martial arts the question is doubly important.



    I'll start: This was one of the first MA websites I found. I liked the caustic nature of the postings. I liked that I got called on my own bs. I appreciate that this site is partially responsible for my doing bjj. I continue to post because I enjoy the banter with some members and there is good information to be had from some members. I also feel some responsibility to give back despite the vast amount of bullshit here because this site helped me get out of an MA that was not going to give me what I wanted.

    And cheifly, I have a desk job with zero accountability.

    #2
    I have always been addicted to message boards, usually ones more inflammatory than Bullshido though and that follows from the large amount of time I spend on the computer both for work and class. Most of my posts are made on government time, so I figure it's worth $8.50 an hour to learn a little bit as there's a wealth of knowledge and angst to be had here.

    Incidentally, I also 'discovered' bullshido after I started BJJ and it's been a nice ego-reinenforcer for me.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Dochter
      And cheifly, I have a desk job with zero accountability.
      DING!

      Comment


        #4
        I have a man crush on Aesopian. :love10:

        Actually, when I first started coming here, I was looking for straightforward information, and was getting tired of sorting through all the mystical crap that usually surrounds MA. I was curious about styles other than my own, and this place had a good representation from a variety of sources.

        I credit this site as one place where I could ask stupid questions, and get good answers.

        It has changed my approach to how I train, and has given me at least basic knowledge of a variety of styles.

        Comment


          #5
          I kept getting in trouble for cursing on karateforums.com, so I had to go somewhere else.

          I had been interested in Mcdojos and the related crap, and I couldn't find anyone on KF that also found it important to weed it out. They thought the crazy bum that swirls his arms around on the UCBerkeley campus really *was* a tai chi master, but my sensei couldn't have possibly studied wushu while in China. I was intrigued by a local bullshido establishment, and through a google search I found a now classic bullshido thread on the matter. That's how I first found bullshido.

          That was just about a year ago. I didn't start really posting until January I think. I stick around because I have no real job and my other message board only has maybe 20 regular posters, and they are slow. So I need something to do in the meantime. Also, it's a good research resource. And Samuel Browning is cute.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Feryk
            I have a man crush on Aesopian. :love10:

            Actually, when I first started coming here, I was looking for straightforward information, and was getting tired of sorting through all the mystical crap that usually surrounds MA. I was curious about styles other than my own, and this place had a good representation from a variety of sources.

            I credit this site as one place where I could ask stupid questions, and get good answers.

            It has changed my approach to how I train, and has given me at least basic knowledge of a variety of styles.
            Ditto.


            My art has been blasted. When I came to the realization that this is one of the few put up or shut up sites I joined.

            Grappling nut riding aside it is an informative site. Also, there is less I'll kick your ass type threats. If you do this you are called out and expected to show your skills (or lack there of). It keeps a lot of the my style is better BS to a minimum. Plus, skills are more important than linneage for most regulars.

            Comment


              #7
              I post here because this seems to be the place where I can get good information about my MA training. I read these forums because, I'm very interested in debunking bullshit, I enjoy reading the debates about MA history, I enjoy reading the threads about the frauds, and most important Throwdowns

              Comment


                #8
                Because without me, this site would suffer a meltdown of gausian proportions and I just couldn't live with that, besides, there are a lot of useful posts to read and in the course of reading I feel compelled to add worthless commentary for the purposes of stroking my own ego.

                Comment


                  #9
                  I'm a college student who sits at home all day writing papers. Bullshido is a nice diversion. The reason I chose this board over the others on the web is the loose moderation, which I feel leads to funnier and more substantial and honest posts. I'm also forever indebted to this site for helping my make sense of what I really wanted out of martial arts, and helping me find a great hobby that I enjoy (BJJ). The forums are also a great source of info on MA in general.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Dochter
                    Why do you post here and waste countless working hours on this website?
                    If you don't train martial arts the question is doubly important.



                    I'll start: This was one of the first MA websites I found. I liked the caustic nature of the postings. I liked that I got called on my own bs. I appreciate that this site is partially responsible for my doing bjj. I continue to post because I enjoy the banter with some members and there is good information to be had from some members. I also feel some responsibility to give back despite the vast amount of bullshit here because this site helped me get out of an MA that was not going to give me what I wanted.

                    .
                    Yeah that's about it. :thumbsup:

                    Comment


                      #11
                      If you do not train, please leave now.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        My job puts me infront of a computer for an unhealthy number of hours per day and I'm often stuck waiting for things to install. At school, I live in the computer lab for days at a time. Couple that with a long-time love of martial arts and saving people from the same wasted investments that I made at a McDojo means I spend a lot of time posting here.

                        That, and I don't read the Something Awful boards as much these days so I need some decent entertainment at the expense of a few morons.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I like to fight.

                          I want to be good at it.

                          There seems to be one or two other people here who are like-minded.

                          If you spout crap here, someone will call you on it. If you notice someone spouting crap, you can call them on it without fear of moderators.

                          This place actually has more info and less drama than most other places. (hard to believe I know!)

                          This is the only forum I've ever posted on more than once or twice.

                          Oh...and I am self employed and spend my day doing whatever the fuck I want...(as long as it doesn't piss off the clients!)

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Grant
                            If you do not train, please leave now.
                            If someone doesn't train but brings alot to the board as far as the actual mission of the site goes, why should they leave or be considered less important the someone who does train?
                            Last edited by ojgsxr6; 5/16/2005 4:39pm, .

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I have nothing better to do.

                              PL

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X