Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A challenge from a practitioner of TFT....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A challenge from a practitioner of TFT....

From the TFT (Target Focus Training newsletter) -

Brian from Alaska writes:

Mr. Larkin:

In reference to the person questioning your program's use of learning anatomical targets, all I can say is that there are way too many "armchair experts". As a Critical Care Registered Nurse with dan ranking in 6 styles, I think I am qualified to say that many people have absolutely NO IDEA what the implications of striking certain targets are. To simply say "hit them here and they will fall down" is absurd! I have knocked out a fellow Hapkidoist by striking his radial nerve hard with a palm strike. Causing a vagal reaction such as that has also happened when I have held pressure against the femoral artery both while sparring and in my role as a nurse to stop bleeding. So called "experts" practice and teach techniques that they do not understand fully in respect to the ramifications.

I believe in your system and to anyone who questions the validity
    of it I say...meet me on the mat!
    Looks like a job for Omega...:sad:

What's TFT?
    52 blocks documentary: arrived

"Joe Lauzon looks like a quiet, Internet guy..." -- Dana White

Comment

Originally posted by meng_mao
      What's TFT?
      http://tinyurl.com/9z73r

Comment

Pressure on the femoral artery can slow bleeding? NO!

Comment

What do these guys do about a really big fat person who has mass padding around all their "vulnerable" points?

Comment

ive actully heard nothing but good things about TFT- and i like the little ive seen- i like the way they work on moving through targets

Comment

Originally posted by antonanton
              ive actully heard nothing but good things about TFT- and i like the little ive seen- i like the way they work on moving through targets
              http://tinyurl.com/9z73r
              Last edited by It is Fake; 5/10/2005 7:50am, .

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake??

Sounds like a load of shit to me :laughing4 :laughing4

Comment

Do they show you how to break a person's bone? Or do they even discuss the ramifications of getting in a fight then having the other guy leaving in a body bag? WTF is this garbage? 1,500 to kick someone in the crotch and elbow a person in the boobs. Excellent, I wonder if they teach the 5 point exploding Heart technique too!

Comment

I understand self defense courses like these...

I mean I could teach good self-defense to a fat-ass diabetic in 5 minutes. Only problem is that the guy would have to have:

a) balls
                    b) an extremely vicious / psycho nature

... which is what most people don't have.

Comment

Originally posted by Kungfools
                      Looks like a job for Omega.
                      Isn't it a bit lame to always vicariously trash a school using a pro fighter? How does having Omega go fight someone validate the rest of the Bullshido?

If Bullshido stands for live training, hard sparring and empiracle evidence of a technique's effectivness then the average guy here ought to be adequate to go test a challenger. But not everyone here sees it that way--> KF is a Knight of SCARS for gawdsake [it's too deadly to spar with].

I suggest we send Kungfools to test out TFT to see how far they've drifted from teh pure art of SCARS.

Comment

"Weapons Aren't Scary... They're Just Another Tool"
                        can't argue with that.

Comment

http://www.self-defense-training.org...g_targets.html

In the past 15 years the greatest leaps in military technology have actually been improvements in targeting. It is so critical. The military can now actually put less munitions in a smaller area and get better results.
                          How germaine.

NO!

Comment

I don't think Ronin really expressed how stupid this one statement is. Haven't there been (rare) cases in competitive fights where someone completed an arm bar on a competitor and the man with the broken arm, rather than screaming, turned around and hit the guy with the other arm? No reaction, no matter how expected, is universal. There are just too many human beings in the world to predict their reactions that accurately. You can't even be 100% sure someone will fall down after getting shot.

Comment

Originally posted by BumFu
                              Isn't it a bit lame to always vicariously trash a school using a pro fighter? How does having Omega go fight someone validate the rest of the Bullshido?
                              Can't take a joke? :5dunce:

KF is a Knight of SCARS for gawdsake [it's too deadly to spar with].
                              Actually, I'm not. That would be Rigante, I'm not into cults.

I suggest we send Kungfools to test out TFT to see how far they've drifted from teh pure art of SCARS.
                              Hmmm, from what I've seen and read of TFT practitioners, it's nothing that requires "disproving." I'm not that impressed with their methodology nor their abilities and knowledge base.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X