Announcement

Collapse

FORUM MAINTENANCE

FORUM MAINTENANCE THIS EVENING!!! PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE FORUMS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR A PERIOD OF TIME. JOIN US ON THE DISCORD, INSTEAD!
See more
See less

BJJ fighter OWNED by Kenpo stylist!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ash_wesday
    replied
    To be honest..I couldn't tell which style was wich..because they both fought like pussies. All I saw was bitch slaps and useless kicks. The white should open his eys when he blocks..the block was always open and the white guy never took advantage of it. Personly I love it when a guy swings his arms around while kicking, easier for me to beat him. But yea they have to be brave to do something like that with their skills...sheesh.... :5bouncy:

Leave a comment:

• king of seals
    replied
    Originally posted by FormLess
    That was a gay fight. I'm sick of seeing shorts that read TAPOUT and that have the BADBOY eyes on them. Why can't MMA fighters just wear plain shorts or fighting uniforms. Why do BJJ stylists always have to have different colored Gis with patches all over them?
    P.S. I'm sick of MMA fighters with 5000 tatoos on thier bodies. :pottytrai
    Because they're not TMA. Evolving, brand new, mixed MA have to distinguish themselves from TMA, and they do it this way.

Leave a comment:

• Ronin
    replied
    " Your feeble kenpo strikes are no match for the power of the BJJ, you will pay for your lack of vision ! ".

Leave a comment:

• Beatdown Richie
    replied
    Originally posted by Gringo Grande
    Let it be noted one more time that the fight WAS won in under 2 minutes by the BJJ guy via armbar.

I think many people are missing this.

Gringo Grande
    It was won at 1:16 *of Round 2*, giving both fighters plenty of opportunity to punch air. And honestly, I'm not that impressed with kenpo dude's striking. He doesn't actually connect with many techniques.

I'm not impressed with what the video shows of his opponent either, but that could very well be a consequence of creative editing. The school where he trains is more famous for inspired brawling than surgical precision anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Yrkoon9
    replied
    BJJ for the win~

Leave a comment:

• Gringo Grande
    replied
    Let it be noted one more time that the fight WAS won in under 2 minutes by the BJJ guy via armbar.

I think many people are missing this.

Gringo Grande

Leave a comment:

• It is Fake
    replied
    Originally posted by ORION_SOG
    The first thing you read is "Lets Put Getting Into The Ring Into Prespective"
    this isnt meant to call anyone a Coward, it is to let you know the chance of someone getting into the ring once is very rare, and even more rare that they get into it again. therefore anyone who stands behind "at least I got into the ring", definatly has more balls than most. BUT cannot stand behind just one fight forever....

As far as the technique in the ring.. I have seen some really good guys absolutly lose their shit in their first fight.. Looks like they have never had a lesson in their life... and some guys that suck in the dojo, really pull it together in the ring...so you never really know.....

as far as the EDITING that is just plain B.S.

No this is what I read at the end.

Therefore "You can never call a man a coward that steps in the ring more than twice.".
    I thought from this quote you thought I was implying these guys are cowards.

Right now that you explained your position your story makes sense.

I already conceded that the ring is a different enviroment. I still feel the ring is used as a pass for crappy fights by crappy fighters.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 4/25/2005 10:46pm, .

Leave a comment:

• ORION_SOG
    replied
    Originally posted by It is Fake??
    No one is calling anyone a coward. You aren't adding perspective you are adding an opinion, a friend's at that.
    The first thing you read is "Lets Put Getting Into The Ring Into Prespective"
    this isnt meant to call anyone a Coward, it is to let you know the chance of someone getting into the ring once is very rare, and even more rare that they get into it again. therefore anyone who stands behind "at least I got into the ring", definatly has more balls than most. BUT cannot stand behind just one fight forever....

As far as the technique in the ring.. I have seen some really good guys absolutly lose their shit in their first fight.. Looks like they have never had a lesson in their life... and some guys that suck in the dojo, really pull it together in the ring...so you never really know.....

as far as the EDITING that is just plain B.S.

Leave a comment:

• Calicanuck
    replied
    :walk: How did they get a cage in the first place? Who lied and said they would make a good fight?

Leave a comment:

• It is Fake
    replied
    Originally posted by Sasuke
    Wow...I mean Wow.That was so bad.How can people go around saying yeah the kenpo guy owned the bjj guy if i didnt see anything kenpo at all in that fight?He was just kicking(and missing)and dancing while the obs poorly trained bjj guy took a beating by very poorly attempting a take down.He cant represent all bjj if he is that unskilled.Its terrible!There was at least two places where a normal double leg take down would have done the trick.Its almost as bad as people saying wing chun sucks and then they show some vid clip of a poorly trained fat man get the shit beat out of him in a cage match.I mean the only slightly wing chun thing he does is some flimsy thing that supposedly represents chong before he proceeds by getting the life beat and then chocked out of him!
    Shaolin WT Ninja attacks.

Leave a comment:

• Sasuke
    replied
    Wow...I mean Wow.That was so bad.How can people go around saying yeah the kenpo guy owned the bjj guy if i didnt see anything kenpo at all in that fight?He was just kicking(and missing)and dancing while the obs poorly trained bjj guy took a beating by very poorly attempting a take down.He cant represent all bjj if he is that unskilled.Its terrible!There was at least two places where a normal double leg take down would have done the trick.Its almost as bad as people saying wing chun sucks and then they show some vid clip of a poorly trained fat man get the shit beat out of him in a cage match.I mean the only slightly wing chun thing he does is some flimsy thing that supposedly represents chong before he proceeds by getting the life beat and then chocked out of him!

Leave a comment:

• citrus538
    replied
    I was laughing from the very first kick. The white guy was completely out of range, WHY DID HE KICK!? Ha ha ha. And the way he was flapping his arms I thought he was going to start flying around the ring.

Leave a comment:

• Meex
    replied
    Originally posted by Osiris
    Different environments elicit different reactions to performances.
    Yeah, but poor performance IS poor performance.
    And, both of these fighters performed poorly - whatever the reason.

`~/

Leave a comment:

• It is Fake
    replied
    Hey lets put getting in the ring into perspective...
    A very good friend of mine once said "You can never call a man a coward that steps in the ring more than twice.."
    You ask "WHY MORE THAN TWICE?"
    Here is why:

The first time you get into the ring you dont know what to expect your just getting in there because of adrenelin and ignorance.. (90% of first time fighters never have a second fight)

The second time you know what its like to be in there but didn't know about the pre fight jitters, and you mostly forgot about the first time since it goes by in such a flash... (of the 10% of the fighters that have a second fight over 80% of them will never have a third fight)

NOW the THIRD time you are completely aware of everything that you are going to experiance before/ durring/ and after the fight. to take that THIRD fight step is something that most people will never do...(Of the now less than 2% of fighters that have had their Third fight over 85% will have another fight after that)

Therefore "You can never call a man a coward that steps in the ring more than twice."
    No one is calling anyone a coward. You aren't adding perspective you are adding an opinion, a friend's at that.

Leave a comment:

• ORION_SOG
    replied
    Hey lets put getting in the ring into perspective...
    A very good friend of mine once said "You can never call a man a coward that steps in the ring more than twice.."
    You ask "WHY MORE THAN TWICE?"
    Here is why:

The first time you get into the ring you dont know what to expect your just getting in there because of adrenelin and ignorance.. (90% of first time fighters never have a second fight)

The second time you know what its like to be in there but didn't know about the pre fight jitters, and you mostly forgot about the first time since it goes by in such a flash... (of the 10% of the fighters that have a second fight over 80% of them will never have a third fight)

NOW the THIRD time you are completely aware of everything that you are going to experiance before/ durring/ and after the fight. to take that THIRD fight step is something that most people will never do...(Of the now less than 2% of fighters that have had their Third fight over 85% will have another fight after that)

Therefore "You can never call a man a coward that steps in the ring more than twice."

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X