Announcement

Collapse

FORUM MAINTENANCE

FORUM MAINTENANCE THIS EVENING!!! PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE FORUMS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR A PERIOD OF TIME. JOIN US ON THE DISCORD, INSTEAD!
See more
See less

BJJ fighter OWNED by Kenpo stylist!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Sure, you could say they sucked, but I don't see many people entering MMA competitions. Give the Kenpo guy props that he's not doing point sparring.

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by Ikken Hisatsu
      oh man. the self ownage in this thread is making me cry with laughter. can someone please go to that ju jitsu place and ask why they made an advert of one of their guys out of a fight he lost in under 2 minutes.
      Hey, Sherlock, it was the kenpo school that made this travesty a commercial.

      Comment


        #33
        sorry i meant kenpo- massive brainfart from that other thread about ju jitsu vs muay thai

        Comment


          #34
          They did editing of extra-ordinary magnitude. They edit in the traditions of thier ancestors.

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by Gringo Grande
            So did they cut out 46 seconds of it for the commercial or 61 seconds to leave a quarter minute worth of highlights?

            :)

            For those who don't recognize the difference between the BJJ guys and the traditional guys, it's quite simple. The BJJ guys generally recognize what is effective (although there are retarded BJJ nuthuggers as well...but at least their style is effective...haha). What I mean is, if you see BJJ get beat down in a style vs style fight, I believe the vast majority of BJJ guys would respect that. However, since the BJJ generally wins in a straight up style vs style fight, we are left with other styles constantly trying to find one example of BJJ getting "owned".

            Instead of looking for that elusive "BJJ gets owned" video like a crackhead searching for a fix, maybe you should be sharpening up your own skills...kind of like our resident Kenpo expert Clyde whom everyone on the site respects for both his proficiency in that particular art and as a person.

            Gringo Grande
            I didn't think it was much of a fight to begin with LOL. I saw this video when someone posted it on Kenponet and to be honest, I couldn't tell which one was the Kenpo guy. I didn't see anything indicative of Kenpo from either one, just some basic fighting skills, nothing that looks anything like Kenpo. They both sucked and should really get a lot more experience, but I do give them kudos for getting in there and mixing it up in the ring.

            Have a great Kenpo day

            Clyde
            Saving Kenpo souls one at a time!

            Put down your purse!

            Speed is fine, but accuracy is final. Wyatt Earp, 1888

            "For certain 'tis a shameful spite, and dreadful to the heart,
            For an Irishman to see a fight, and not be taking part."

            --"How McPherson Held the Floor"

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by Apostol
              Sure, you could say they sucked, but I don't see many people entering MMA competitions. Give the Kenpo guy props that he's not doing point sparring.

              Look I'm going to say it so flame ahead. This is a lame excuse. Yes, I respect it if someone gets in the ring. I haven't done it and probably won't, getting to old. Yes this is an excuse.

              Getting in the ring doesn't give you a pass for the suckiness of what you do. I'm sick of "give the guy props for getting in the ring." It is an excuse used to give sucky people a pass.

              I won't name names but we have a couple of people who are riding a losing record on this board. If you listen to their respective arguments it is well I got in the ring you sit a home I win so STFU. They won't listen to helpful (not flaming) posts.

              Honestly, this is why you get people who lose who talk a gang of shit.

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by Osiris
                The reason why you get people who lose and talk shit is because they're talking to people who merely haven't had a chance to lose yet.

                As far as this fight goes, the BJJer can't strike for shit. Nor can he shoot too well apparantly, but who knows how good he is on the ground?

                Right, people who train and don't compete don't know how it is to lose. Okay.

                Comment


                  #38
                  I completely agree that it was retarded to edit a losing fight in order to make kenpo look good, however.

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by Apostol
                    I completely agree that it was retarded to edit a losing fight in order to make kenpo look good, however.
                    However............

                    Look, people that get in the ring do put their skill (or lack there of) on display. Give them credit for that but if they suck it shouldn't be a pass. If that shit was a throwdown, not a locally televised AZ event that was banned at one point, it would be flamed.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by Osiris
                      A throwdown is a softer environment by far. If you can't perform there, you probably just suck. If you can't perform in the ring, there could be more to that. Or not. It depends.

                      You know I'm not comparing fighting in the ring to the enviroment of a throwdown.

                      If that shit was a throwdown, not a locally televised AZ event that was banned at one point, it would be flamed.
                      The word if as in if that was a throwdown vid.........

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by Osiris
                        Different environments elicit different reactions to performances.
                        Okay gotcha. You are giving him a pass cause he is in the ring. Fine we will just have to disagree unless I hop in a public ring. We have different perspectives.

                        Yes, enviroments plays a part. Doesn't excuse the bad fighting and editing.

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Hey lets put getting in the ring into perspective...
                          A very good friend of mine once said "You can never call a man a coward that steps in the ring more than twice.."
                          You ask "WHY MORE THAN TWICE?"
                          Here is why:

                          The first time you get into the ring you dont know what to expect your just getting in there because of adrenelin and ignorance.. (90% of first time fighters never have a second fight)

                          The second time you know what its like to be in there but didn't know about the pre fight jitters, and you mostly forgot about the first time since it goes by in such a flash... (of the 10% of the fighters that have a second fight over 80% of them will never have a third fight)

                          NOW the THIRD time you are completely aware of everything that you are going to experiance before/ durring/ and after the fight. to take that THIRD fight step is something that most people will never do...(Of the now less than 2% of fighters that have had their Third fight over 85% will have another fight after that)

                          Therefore "You can never call a man a coward that steps in the ring more than twice."

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Originally posted by ORION_SOG
                            Hey lets put getting in the ring into perspective...
                            A very good friend of mine once said "You can never call a man a coward that steps in the ring more than twice.."
                            You ask "WHY MORE THAN TWICE?"
                            Here is why:

                            The first time you get into the ring you dont know what to expect your just getting in there because of adrenelin and ignorance.. (90% of first time fighters never have a second fight)

                            The second time you know what its like to be in there but didn't know about the pre fight jitters, and you mostly forgot about the first time since it goes by in such a flash... (of the 10% of the fighters that have a second fight over 80% of them will never have a third fight)

                            NOW the THIRD time you are completely aware of everything that you are going to experiance before/ durring/ and after the fight. to take that THIRD fight step is something that most people will never do...(Of the now less than 2% of fighters that have had their Third fight over 85% will have another fight after that)

                            Therefore "You can never call a man a coward that steps in the ring more than twice."
                            No one is calling anyone a coward. You aren't adding perspective you are adding an opinion, a friend's at that.

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Originally posted by Osiris
                              Different environments elicit different reactions to performances.
                              Yeah, but poor performance IS poor performance.
                              And, both of these fighters performed poorly - whatever the reason.

                              `~/
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                                #45
                                I was laughing from the very first kick. The white guy was completely out of range, WHY DID HE KICK!? Ha ha ha. And the way he was flapping his arms I thought he was going to start flying around the ring.

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X