BJJ oldest martial art in the world!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BJJ oldest martial art in the world!!!!

maybe i'm being pedantic, i don't know. but i just had to point this one out.

http://www.alliancebjj.com/academy.shtml

"Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (or Gracie Jiu-Jitsu) is considered the most effective form of self-defense in the world. Started by the monks in India millenniums ago, Jiu-Jitsu is the base of all martial art systems."

How does one say "Jiu-Jitsu" in Sanskrit?

Comment

Originally posted by danno
      maybe i'm being pedantic
      maybe i'm being pedantic
      maybe i'm being pedantic
      Jiu-jitsu != BJJ

Comment

Also being pedantic... but who is Rolls Gracie...??
        "If you can get it from my kungfu grip then you can have it... otherwise... step off b*t*h!!!" - Meet the Parents

"Hetero or Homo I don't see anyone telling him, "NO SIR I WILL NOT TAKE IT IN THE ASS!!!" " - Asia

"My neighbor has what he calls an "immortality potion" that will let you live forever.
        People have been telling him that it's stupid and will not work... for 1200 years." - Leodom

Banish Uncertainty
        Affirm Strength
        Hold Resolve
        Expect Death - read in a book

http://uk.360.yahoo.com/shadowdh

Comment

http://www.bjj.org/a/people/gracie-rolls.html
          "Quiet fool before I am kicking the butt!"
          -My three year old trash talking to me

"Integrity can't be bought or sold---you either have it or you don't."
          -The Honky Tonk Man

"If you can't be a shining example, at least be a dire warning."
          -My Father to me one day

"No surprise. Until Aikido sheds its street-brawling, thuggish image, it'll never be mainstream."
          -Don Gwinn

Comment

I'm sorry that it isn't known publicly but the basis for BJJ was actually created by the Poles and stolen by the Indians who ran off with our sacred lineage scrolls during the ice age.

Thank you.

Gringo Grande
            MMA Record vs Llamas 0-1-0
            (The Llama bit my junk but the ref didn't see it).

Comment

Rolls is one of the Gracie brothers, he died in the 80's I think. Supposedly, he was the best in his family, including Rickson.

Jiu jitsu is very old, but BJJ evolved from a form of jiu jitsu which was not very old. It was a more regional jiu jitsu ryu, which is what Maeda (teacher of Carlos) knew.

Comment

Originally posted by access1denied
                Jiu jitsu is very old, but BJJ evolved from a form of jiu jitsu which was not very old. It was a more regional jiu jitsu ryu, which is what Maeda (teacher of Carlos) knew.
                Yeah it was called JUDO!!!
                ______
                Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
                -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
                The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
                -Daniel Tosh

Comment

Originally posted by EVIL ASIA
                  Yeah it was called JUDO!!!

:hitit:

Comment

It's common knowledge that Jesus practiced Jiu Jitsu. Look it up at www.loc.gov it's all there if you don't believe me.

Comment

Thanks Peter and Access...
                      "If you can get it from my kungfu grip then you can have it... otherwise... step off b*t*h!!!" - Meet the Parents

"Hetero or Homo I don't see anyone telling him, "NO SIR I WILL NOT TAKE IT IN THE ASS!!!" " - Asia

"My neighbor has what he calls an "immortality potion" that will let you live forever.
                      People have been telling him that it's stupid and will not work... for 1200 years." - Leodom

Banish Uncertainty
                      Affirm Strength
                      Hold Resolve
                      Expect Death - read in a book

http://uk.360.yahoo.com/shadowdh

Comment

Originally posted by Yrkoon9
                        It's common knowledge that Jesus practiced Jiu Jitsu.
                        His defense against the crucifix needed some work, though.

Comment

Although some question Jesus' 400-0 undefeated record, those Romans didn't explain the rules sufficiently. So when they used that technique on him, the loss doesn't count because neck cranks and nails through the hands are specifically forbidden in the CBJJ rules.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckofDeath
                            His defense against the crucifix needed some work, though.

If you read the Old testamnet prophecies and the Gospels you would know that he planned that move and actually submitted sin using it. The ultimate form of the "Supple Art"

IPPON :fist:

Comment

Originally posted by Yrkoon9
                              Although some question Jesus' 400-0 undefeated record, those Romans didn't explain the rules sufficiently. So when they used that technique on him, the loss doesn't count because neck cranks and nails through the hands are specifically forbidden in the CBJJ rules.

I call BS on this!!!! The spearing the side and vinegar wine were legal along with the Crown of Thorns technique. This is just propaganda made up by Jesus' crew to keep his rep up.
                              ______
                              Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
                              -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
                              The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
                              -Daniel Tosh

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X