Atlanta Martial Arts Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlanta Martial Arts Center

Anybody know anything about the Atlanta Martial Arts Center (AtlantaMartialArtCenter.com)? Atlanta is a possible post-college living area so I figured I'd sure around and see if there are any fun dojos in the area.

In general, I want to study FMA, Generic "Good" (sparring) Striking, and BJJ.

AMAC is where I had my first BJJ lessons. Definately a fun school. Sifu Baker is a really good guy and genuinely cares about his students. He is also an excellent guy to learn from. Where are you located in the Atlanta area? There are quite a few good BJJ schools to check out.

Comment

It's just a possible locale for after college living.

Comment

If you want to learn BJJ or Muay Thai, may I reccomend the excellent Alliance school?
        (www.alliancebjj.com)

The instructors are hands down the best at what they do in the southeast and are among the best in the world.

When deciding where to train, I asked myself, how many chances am I going to have to train at a school with a freaking BJJ legend? Not that damn many, I should take advantage of every opportunity I get.

Only thing lacking is the FMA, though someone did teach Kali part time for a while. I think he left a few months ago though.

Comment

Sifu Baker's school is literally a rocks throw away from my front door step. I have watched 4-5 of his classes and know the guy pretty well. He has some students who are going to be competeting in local MMA fights and his school is VERY legit.

Like En, I would suggest Jacare but if your time/location/money prevents this, AMAC would be my second choice.

Comment

I kinda nutride on Inosanto and his students/teachers since all of them I've met are genuinely fun to train with. That said, I'd have no problem training at a different school for BJJ. I'm open for suggestions for good schools in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by Macistani
              I kinda nutride on Inosanto and his students/teachers since all of them I've met are genuinely fun to train with. That said, I'd have no problem training at a different school for BJJ. I'm open for suggestions for good schools in the area.
              Have you checked out Francis Fong's school??

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X