Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Range Riflery Bullshido

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...8&page=1&pp=25

It's four pages long and well worth it. This has the makings of another Ashida Kim punking. Although this "Lucky in Kentucky" character is not a big ninja star like Mr. Hunter, Rich Lucibella is going to be in Texas at the time he named and he does have the ability to put together $50,000 for a challenge match (the ability to gamble and lose it, not just get it into his hands.) He also flies his own plane and runs SWAT Magazine from the road when necessary, so he can go just about anywhere to handle this.

For the record, the groups Lucky in Kentucky claims from his Dragunov rifle work out to something like .1 to .2 MOA (Minute of Angle) which just isn't happening at 800 yards. Not possible with a Dragunov for the best long-range shooters in the world. His claims of top-secret military training as a sniper are also smelly.

But he's going to put up or shut up, at this point. Rich is not someone with whom you ought to trifle, and I include bluffing in that category.

This is not going to end well for the Sooper Sniper.

Don't stop reading until you reach the $50k challenge, or you'll be missing out.

Oh, one note of warning--if you decide to stick around and post at TFL, do NOT troll, flame, cast personal insults, swear . . . . well, if you register, you'll see the rules. TFL is not Bullshido. Such behavior will not be tolerated there. The fairly mild ribbing Lucky in Kentucky is taking so far is the TFL equivalent of having Bullshido offer to rape your mom, dad and dog. Most of the time, even that kind of mild rebuke is not allowed, even if the whole board knows someone is full of shit.

Oh shit, this is good Don!

I know of some of those guys posting there and they are not pretenders. That shithead passing himself off as a Scout/Sniper and FRecon Marine needs an adjustment.

Comment

Here's a good one:

Lucky's post on the BS Meter

TRUTH --------------**++**-- BS

Instruments don't lie

and...

I've got several 1-shot groups that rival Lucky's at those ranges.

but my favorite is....

I'll contact the State Information Systems agency at which you work and let them know the kind of Walter Mitty ramblings that are emanating from your cubicle there....complete with dates and IP tracking...

Time to Come to Jesus, Lucky.

OWNED!

Comment

I'm not even into firearms but who at Bullshido doesn't like seeing someone such as that get punked?

Nice find!

Gringo Grande
        MMA Record vs Llamas 0-1-0
        (The Llama bit my junk but the ref didn't see it).

Comment

You know, there seems to be some assumption that Bullshido has something against people who focus on weapons training. That couldn't be further from the truth. The operating consensus here for a while has been that "Martial" arts are the arts of war, combat, and measured/directed violence for the purpose of promoting or defending one's interests.

Three staff members have served full terms in the military, and one is still actively serving. And despite differing opinions on gun control, our members generally recognize the value of proficiency with all ranges of combat including firearms.

That said, investigating/identifying Bullshido in this aspect of the Martial Arts should be just as actively pursued here as any other aspect if not more, because these crackpots are likely to be hoarding guns.

Comment

While I agree in principle (and certainly include firearms in my personal definition of martial arts), Bullshido frankly does not have the expertise or credibility to pay too much attention to the wannabe shooters/snipers/gunslingers of the world. So while we should welcome these kinds of outings, we shouldn't get too carried away either.

Comment

Did someone say .1 to .2 MOA at 800 yards with a Dragunov? I'm trying to figure that shit in my head quickly here but isn't that something akin to a 1.5" shot group?

Wait... got the calculator and it's .8" to 1.6" at 800 yards unless I've forgotten how to compute that shit. Using a mil dot reticle means 1 mil is like 29" at 800 yards and he's hitting within a 1.5" shot group?

:sad8:
              :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
              Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
              Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Comment

Originally posted by punchingdummy
                So while we should welcome these kinds of outings, we shouldn't get too carried away either.
                Yup...

There is a range officer where I shoot at who has such wild boasts. He claims to hit a 12" diameter steel target at 200 yards with a 45 pistol consistantly. Not a nice one either but "just one a guy couldn't hit shit with at 25 yards so I showed him how it was done". I just smile and wait till he's gone so I can resume hitting dirt with my rifle. F*cktard. Not worth argueing about.

:qleft3:

Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.

Comment

While I agree in principle (and certainly include firearms in my personal definition of martial arts), Bullshido frankly does not have the expertise or credibility to pay too much attention to the wannabe shooters/snipers/gunslingers of the world. So while we should welcome these kinds of outings, we shouldn't get too carried away either.
                  I'm not suggesting we try to duplicate the work done by the guys at AuthentiSeal. What I'm saying is we should work with groups like them more often, should try to feature more RBSD/Military bullshido in our efforts, and should engage/include more of the genuine RBSD/Military folks in the discussions here.

Comment

Originally posted by RedElvis
                    Did someone say .1 to .2 MOA at 800 yards with a Dragunov? I'm trying to figure that shit in my head quickly here but isn't that something akin to a 1.5" shot group?
                    (to steal a line from another on that thread)

I can consistently hit .1 to .2 MOA one-shot groups!

Comment

Originally posted by Phrost
                      I'm not suggesting we try to duplicate the work done by the guys at AuthentiSeal. What I'm saying is we should work with groups like them more often, should try to feature more RBSD/Military bullshido in our efforts, and should engage/include more of the genuine RBSD/Military folks in the discussions here.
                      ...one of the interesting side-effects would be the introduction of more people that may not agree with the "BJJ/MT/MMA" school of thought which seems to dominate Bullshido at times.

Comment

I can consistently hit .1 to .2 MOA one-shot groups!
                        Funny... I didn't catch that the first time!

Comment

You think that's good, I get 0.00001 MOA with MY one-shot groups, at 100km, with a .22 Ruger firing thousand-year old ammo made by Shaolin monks from the blood of dragons...

Seriously, I'm tempted to sign up on TFL, just because I like the way they do things, even though I'm a lousy shot, and all I own is a .22 bolt-action that's only marginally less accurate than an Ashida Kim post on NHB fighting.

Comment

Doesn't matter what you shoot or whether you shoot. TFL is a great place. Just remember what I said above--TFL is a very different place from Bullshido. A lot of things that wouldn't raise an eyebrow here will get you banned from TFL. I like both, but it's a very different approach.

Pat Rogers hisownself posts at TFL every once in awhile, at least on the SWAT Magazine forum, so I can't help but wonder what we'll see when he finds that thread.

Rich is not someone you want to mess with. TFL staff calls his online style "Sicilian Way."

It wasn't too long ago that there was some hubbub on the intarw3b over rumors that Front Site Academy was pushing students to join the Church of Scientology between classes. Rich and TFL had no position on this, though he doesn't have much use for Dr. Piazza.

Anyway, there was discussion on several gun forums, such as Glocktalk, TFL, and AR15.com. Suddenly there were lawyers threatening everyone in sight with lawsuits if they so much as mentioned the words "Front Sight" and "Scientology" in the same breath. The blogger who first made the accusation was stifled by these threats. Eric at Glocktalk felt he had no choice but to prohibit all mention of either topic on GT! He didn't want to do it, but he believed they'd sue him and he'd never be able to keep Glocktalk open, win or lose. That, of course, was their intent.

Rich got the same letter threatening all kinds of legal action . . . but he sent back a letter that essentially said, in flowery prose, "Fuck you, here's my address. You don't have the balls to send me the paperwork, you sorry little pansies. Strong message to follow."

That worked. The thing about Rich is, he was already paying thousands a month to run TFL and he'd have paid out the nose if there'd actually turned out to be a lawsuit, too. He wasn't bluffing. I don't know if I've ever seen him bluff.

Comment

My area of knowledge is more in line with firearms than martial arts, so I would be willing to help out. Just gotta remember to post sites on here instead of laughing at them and moving on. :D

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X