Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr._Tzun_Tzu
    replied
    That is a chain of punches, not "chain punches" trademark of _ing _un....

so Victors elbows are out to side a little, and he is so conditioned to the 1-2 combo it shows true in muscle memory, it is still a realy fast barage of punches while going forward the whole time, followed by more punches to the ground.
    And it is the total punches over short time frame that does the knock out.

If he learned the Proper way to punch with his elbows in and a vertical fist it would be even more devastating (Joke, don't go flaming on me :-) )

anyway, just trying to reference it to the video at start of this thread for comparision. people didn't seem to think fast punching could have power or that punching a guy that was down had any merit....

:fish:

Whats up Little Idea :XXsunsmil ? where is SLC located?

Leave a comment:

• Little Idea
    replied
    Watch the first 20 seconds of the video.

His MO is not 1-2 punching, it is a continuous barrage.

In the Silva fight, Vitor is totally squared up and the break in the cadence is from the fact that he has to step to Silva.

I'm NOT saying he is chain punching, but he isn't truly throwing jab-cross either.

But I've only seen this fight 100 bazillian times, please please God, let them fight again. . . :laughing6

Mouthfire,

How much do you weigh and where do you live?

Leave a comment:

• HAPKO3
    replied
    Originally posted by Little Idea
    Oh good, another 20 page _ing __un thread is underway. We can never have enough of these.

I'm not an advocate of the famed belfort conjecture but at least get your shit straight.

There is no fucking way you can watch Belfort-Silva and tell me Vitor he is setting up power shots from one side. He is essentially symetric in delivery and power with both hands.

Watch it yourself, its the last 10 seconds
    http://static.hugi.is/martial_arts/m...rBelfortHQ.zip

Diagnosis, you are deluded
    Pay close attention to 1:03 - 1:05 of the video and then again at 1:08. The punches that did the damage were jab/cross pairs with the cross delivering the power shot and the jab resetting. They were obviously not clean 1-2s you'd expect to see during mitt work, but 1-2s nonetheless.

Leave a comment:

• Little Idea
    replied
    Video Evidence

Oh good, another 20 page _ing __un thread is underway. We can never have enough of these.

I'm not an advocate of the famed belfort conjecture but at least get your shit straight.

There is no fucking way you can watch Belfort-Silva and tell me Vitor he is setting up power shots from one side. He is essentially symetric in delivery and power with both hands.

Watch it yourself, its the last 10 seconds
    http://static.hugi.is/martial_arts/m...rBelfortHQ.zip

Diagnosis, you are deluded

Leave a comment:

• Dr._Tzun_Tzu
    replied
    That means so much too me..... :pottytrai

Leave a comment:

• HAPKO3
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr._Tzun_Tzu
    You make it sound like Vitor pauses after he sets up with jab then does cross,... no, he just goes forward stepping and punching, and puching faster than most boxers ever do, and stepping in more than most boxers ever do,.. and after the third or fourth silvas brain is scrambled(sloshed around in the goo), then Vitor follows him down and keeps it up tell Silvas out, and the towel comes in....This is exactly the same kinda stuff in the video that started this thread, follow up untell he is out and not coming back. Punch fast and step. Use his oncoming force against him to add to your punch (thus the locking out of elbow), keep punching him on the ground a few times tell your sure he's out.
    Congradulations, you're retarded; this is your official and final diagnosis.

Leave a comment:

• Dr._Tzun_Tzu
    replied
    who disrespects rapid punches....

Originally posted by JohnnyCache
    (OMG Chain Punches Smash the brain! Cause the brain floats in goo!)
    Originally posted by Gumby
    Well, trying to be as fast as you can doesnt impress me as much as it does when there's power involved. For instance, Ali impressed the hell out of me with the speed AND power he had in his jab. All those chain punches he did once he knocked his opponent to the ground looked as if they had zero ass behind them.

Everything else on the standup I thought was pretty good (I liked the elbows), but it goes the same on the feet as well. If someone's punching at me fast, I dont care if Im trying to grab them. I know Im getting hit when I come in to close the distance- its the power they hit me with that makes me rethink whether I want to continue the attempt to clinch, or back out..
    Originally posted by Arbiter
    His rabbit-like chain punches are the kind shit that gives wing chun a bad name.
    Thats just one (poor, imo) interpetation of wing chun style punching. Not that any wc type punches are going to start knocking people the fuck out on a regular basis any time soon, but they should have a lot more kinetic energy than that...
    Just a few from this thread dissing chain punches. its pretty much the same in any _ing __un thread on here...if you guys us them then you can't say they won't work.

and this
    Originally posted by It is Fake??
    This is some of the better wing chun I have seen. That being said it isn't your traditional WC. I'm sorry but that looks like MT mixed with some JJ princibles and chain punching.
    uses MT and BJJ to label the WT moves....so when I see a MMA fighter use something I train to do, then I quote it too...like no one ever used a knee or a mount escape before Television was invented...

Punches are punches, moves are moves,... as I said over 90% of WC can't do this shit right but so what, it can be done, and other styles do it too.

You make it sound like Vitor pauses after he sets up with jab then does cross,... no, he just goes forward stepping and punching, and puching faster than most boxers ever do, and stepping in more than most boxers ever do,.. and after the third or fourth silvas brain is scrambled(sloshed around in the goo), then Vitor follows him down and keeps it up tell Silvas out, and the towel comes in....This is exactly the same kinda stuff in the video that started this thread, follow up untell he is out and not coming back. Punch fast and step. Use his oncoming force against him to add to your punch (thus the locking out of elbow), keep punching him on the ground a few times tell your sure he's out.

There is no "Ass" behind it cause it is a demo of training drills! In WT training only one guy usually moves forward for safety reasons. He's not hitting and kicking an unconcious guy, but a target on the ground. This is also why the beginners in the tourny video look so funny, they are trained to use that against a mugger or someone with an open centerline. When both people chain punch it can be a stalemate.

So I understand that WC training is what prevents them from actually using this stuff in the ring or on the so called DeH3dlY $tr33ts or what ever, fine, I agree most people get it wrong....But don't disrespect stuff that works in other arts and for some of us in WT....it is the funny training that fails people, not the moves.

Leave a comment:

• Mouthfire
    replied
    Heheh... ditto what Hapko said...

I throw flurries of straight punches all the time... does that make me a Wing Chunner?

When do I get my membership card? :laughing6

Leave a comment:

• HAPKO3
    replied
    So he didn't use rapid puches one after another?
    Where did you ever see anyone say that, and I quote, rapid punches one after the other don't work?

What Vitor used to win that fight was boxing modified for MMA. If you watch his body mechanics, you will see him throwing jabs and crosses, where the jabs are used to reset while the crosses diliver the power shots. It look NOTHING like a chain punch in the WC/WT/VT/VC/whatever sense of the word. Nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Arrichion
    replied
    That does not mean they where WC style "chain" punches.

Leave a comment:

• grond
    replied
    Originally posted by drummerboy
    For example the one at the beginning of this thread. Look at the mount escape.

Tomas
    Oh, that stuff. I thought most(not all) of that video was a bit silly, the groundwork no exception.

Leave a comment:

• Dr._Tzun_Tzu
    replied

Leave a comment:

• dramaboy
    replied
    Originally posted by grond
    Which anti-grappling vids are you talking about dude?
    For example the one at the beginning of this thread. Look at the mount escape.

Tomas

Leave a comment:

• dramaboy
    replied
    Mothman, Did I say right cross was not an effective punch?

Do we go at the same time or do I go first? Are the torsos and legs invovlved or is it strictly the arms?(Well my arms and your arm) Whats the target?

I am not volunteering for shit, but some people seem to think the chain punches don't hurt or work....ask Silva if Vitors chain of punches didn't hurt.
    It's really sad that you have to highjack Vitor Belforts boxing for your wicked purposes.

Tomas

Leave a comment:

• grond
    replied
    Originally posted by drummerboy
    Grond: sprawl is maybe not the best example of positional dominance, at least not in the sense BJJ teaches it. Positional dominance means that your primary goal is to attain a dominant position BEFORE you apply submission. If you watch the anti-grappling vids, what people do: they punch and eyepoke while being mounted, they try to apply submissions from and punch from inside the guard. They launch attacks without gaining positional dominance first.

Positional dominance in judo means that before you attempt a throw, you have to establish a dominant grip. If you work with good players you see that once they get the grip, it's over.

Positional dominance in striking arts is tough, that's why it's mostly trading punches. The range is too volatile, so even if you are able to gain dominant position for a moment, you are not likely to keep it.
    (without taking anything away from striking arts, that's just the nature of the beast)

Tomas

Let me clarify my use of the phrase positional dominance. I wasn't aware of the specific defenitions you're using but I think they fall under the one I was thinking of, that certain positions of your body relative to your opponent allow for greater control of their body and easier access to do damage to them.

Its probably true that positional dominance is harder to achieve in striking, because both players don't necessarily want to stay at the same range as in judo or bjj, but positional dominance is still just as important.

Some examples: Using footwork to get around or to the side of your opponent, so that they can't defend themselves as well, or using footwork to sweep them or compromise their balance, with the same result. In boxing, manuevering them into a position where your strikes have a better chance of connecting, or where you can trap their hands although this is pretty hard to pull off.

Which anti-grappling vids are you talking about dude?

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X