Now this is the TKD I know;

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now this is the TKD I know;

Fuck the penguin fighting, this is what I call a TKD fighter.

http://www.tkd.risp.pl/Juras_HL_Extreme.wmv

Ahh, finally.

If only more TKD practitioners taught take-downs and condoned punches to the face.

Comment

Nice TKD double leg there.

And we laffed at the bandana over the head before.
      Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

The best fighters I know around these parts are TKDers. They condition, they cross-train and they work their basics constantly. I've met a few more like them. The constant is that they seem to come from schools run my ex-military folks and aren't particularly connected to a larger organization.

Comment

Fear the Polish TKD, they seem to take their MA really seriously over there. If I had the money thats where I'd train.
          Last edited by ojgsxr6; 3/28/2005 7:13pm, . Reason: I keep misspelling their

Comment

It's the white version of Osiris.

Comment

great video. the kicks were beautiful, with great form. the punches, on the other hand, were pathetic for the most part. i give the competitors respect for sparing with punches to the head allowed. but who jumps then punches? damn. granted some of the punches were pretty solid, but most looked like untrained, hey makers

Comment

This is why I don't knock all of TKD. I always say make sure you are getting fighting not point sparring. Techniques not flash. That was a pretty good vid.

Comment

Originally posted by ojgsxr6
                  Fear the Polish TKD, they seem to take their MA really seriously over there. If I had the money thats where I'd train.
                  Don't bother. It's like the US over there, but people are ruder, the gov't steals more of your money, and well, everybody is poorer. The people there are thinking "man, if I had the money, I'd get out of here" That's why my family moved out.

Besides, Poland isn't somehow exempt from Bullshido. My first MA experience was in the gym of my school. There was a Karate class there. I swear, 40 kids at once, none above orange belt that I remember (a girl had a green one, but it wasn't hers). The class started with a warmup, just some stretches. Then we moved on to kata. He told everybody to do stuff (you know, move forward, punch, kiai), but never really showed people how to do it, just made everybody do it on their own. End of class, he talked a bit about philosophy. The belt system was like this: Every belt had 3 stripes. My friend tested for each stripe every year. Yes, you get your next belt after 3 years, which seems good, but you take 3 tests on the way. I saw him sweeping a friend of his once for fun, I assume they did a bit of grappling then. Still, 40 kids at once isn't exactly good. Nor is not teaching anybody how to really do anything.

Next year my cousin is supposed to get married, so we're going down for the wedding. Her fiance is a Judo BB who got bronze and silver at the national championships. I'm looking forward to getting my ass beat by him. :)

PL

Comment

Originally posted by Poop-Loops
                    Besides, Poland isn't somehow exempt from Bullshido.
                    All I know is that, every Polish MA clip I've ever seen, both of them, has shown nothing but full contact fighting, these people seem to be in great shape, and overall seem to take their MA very seriously. They just seem to go all out, thats all.

Comment

First of all . WTF is a JURAS. And how may I find them.I was pretty much convinced by all of you guys that TKD don't punch.But this org. allows it.

This guy impressed me a lot. He dosen't seem to be in that great of shape and yet his cardio is very high.He was back-spin-kicking all the time it seemed in every fight.
                      Last edited by CanucKyokushin; 3/28/2005 9:19pm, .
                      [img=http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2364/8026700123940loij9.th.jpg]

"God damn America" --Muammar al-Gaddafi

Comment

http://home.hetnet.nl/~gvdbelt/korea2.wmv

brief clip

Comment

Originally posted by ojgsxr6
                          All I know is that, every Polish MA clip I've ever seen, both of them, has shown nothing but full contact fighting, these people seem to be in great shape, and overall seem to take their MA very seriously. They just seem to go all out, thats all.
                          There's your problem. But, Poland is one big "rough neighborhood". Ever see that clip of the guy getting his face kicked in while he was sitting down and a girl was freaking out next to him? That was from Poland. I mean, people don't go around shooting eachother or anything like that, but fights are more common, since 1) teachers at schools don't care 2) people don't really care

They'd rather not get involved than call the police. A while ago I heard that new gangs were being formed. Basically, they hang out in the stairways of apartment buildings (the huge ones like this http://zdjecia.uznam.net.pl/data/med..._leningrad.jpg) and basically rob people who live there. Cops can't do anything, because they scatter before they can get there.

My point is, you get a lot more of "You know kroddy?? I can kick your ass!" stuff there, so if you can't prove it, you're screwed.

Juras is a nickname. It's pronounced "yooras". His full name is Lukasz Jurkowski. Pronounced "wookasz (there really is no sz sound in English, sorry, it's kind of like sh but much deeper) yoorkovski" The org is probably ITF. They allow face punches even in the US AFAIK, but they are overshadowed by the WTF.

PL

Comment

I told you guys that Old school ITF TKD is more like kyokushin that itis WTF TKD.

Though at times he seemed a tad wild with his punches, probably the Dobok.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris
                              Thats because they point spar.
                              I did ITF TKD as a kid in the UK, and all I remember was point sparring. It might have been just because I was under the age of 16, but I never saw the adult blackbelts spar with hard contact either.

Mind you, looks ITF guys in Poland don't have many rules against hard contact..

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X