X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quantum jujitsu, video clips

http://www.quantumjujitsu.com/demo4.html

really cool looking, any thoughts?

Definately Tekken worthy throws, but if he had shown clips of him and/or his students sparring, it would have been more helpful. I think I'll open up a MT school and call it "String Theory Muay Thai"

PL

Comment

The stuff looks very fun, and you could definitely impress some people with it, but I don't think doing a one-handed handstand in actual combat is such a great idea. There were numerous occasions where if the student had done anything at all (like take one step forward), the technique would not only have been ruined, but the master would have been floored. Not to say the dude isn't good at what he does, it's just not all the most realistic stuff.

EDIT: p.s. This has been posted before, do a search.
      Last edited by AikidoDeadlines; 3/28/2005 4:21pm, .

Comment

It looks kind of cool, and not very much like jujitsu (there are handstand-roundhouse kicks in JJ?), although at least the instructor is athletic enough to pull things off. Would like to see sparring vids, didn't see any on the site, though.

Comment

The demostrations were enjoyable to watch. I'd like to emphasize "demonstrations" here. Demonstrations are a chance to show off your moves. I would definitely like to see some student/sparring vids.

Comment

I've heard of this guy (don't remember where) His demo looks solid but I too would like to see some randori.

Comment

I think it was said that this guy is a legit Jiu Jitsu practitioner- he may have thrown in a few other things (such as strikes) to make his own school. Im usually pretty critical of other Jiu Jitsu schools and systems, but I like his demos. I mean, lets be serious, every demo you see is almost always not very practical. It supposed to look cool and flashy, and not boring and pathetic. Take the Camirillo brothers demo, for example- looked cool as hell, but you'll never see a Jiu Jitsu match unfold like that.

Comment

Its good and all, but just seems like hes doing professional wrestling : ) (the ultimate martial art, hehehe)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X