For Clockwork; striking MA in Charleston SC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Clockwork; striking MA in Charleston SC

clockwork has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.
    Always cool when sending PMs... :eusa_doh:

Originally posted by clockwork
    Saw your thread a while back and am a recent relocatee, I was wondering if you had any success finding a decent place in the area for muay thai or any other martial art that includes impact ? (I have a semi-serious disdain for the dance/aerobics class's that pass for martial arts)
    Sorry man no such luck. There's a few half-decent karate places, other than that - not-so-much for striking unless you want TKD. Akido is beyond popular around here. You couldn't pay me to do another boring-ass kata so I skipped the karate but i have friends that go and say good things. And show occasional scars and assorted bruises from sparring.

There's at least one BJJ guy (name brand non-purple belt) and a nice judo club though. What you might do is check out the boxing place on folly rd. It's called hurricane boxing club and it's run by a guy that supposedly knows what's what. I got this on it:
    http://www.boxinggyms.com/hurricane.htm and can't wait to heal up and give it a look.

If you check it out or find another place, feel free to drop me a line.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X