Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rising Sun Karate?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Rising Sun Karate?

    I was watching FitTV, and up came a show called "Ultimate Goals" where people try to get in shape, lose some weight, for a big event or goal they have set. Like climbing the tallest building in LA via the stairs, winning a Cycle race, etc. This time, we have a father and son whom want ot get in better shape for their upcoming Karate belt tests.

    Their School?

    http://risingsunkarate.com

    You might recognize their teacher (on the left) he was the Black, Green and White Ranger in the power rangers...aka Tommy.

    Their creed (which began with "We are a Black Belt School!") and the whole atmosphere of the show was...a little off.

    Check out the site (click on the west coast to view his site), the History, Media, Information link to take a virtual tour of their Dojo, and maybe give me your opinions?

    (hopefully someone else saw this as well and can give an op)

    Thanks

    #2
    I wonder why they chose a cinematic motif for their intro splash? Perhaps they emphasize cinematic martial arts?
    Lone Wolf McQuade Final Fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmrDe_mYUXg

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Reikon
      You might recognize their teacher (on the left) he was the Black, Green and White Ranger in the power rangers...aka Tommy.
      When was he the Black Ranger? I thought it was Red... Or just Green and White...

      PL

      Comment


        #4
        Jose Conseco Sparring

        Check out the vids in the West Coast section. There is a video of Jose Conseco sparring. LOL.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Poop-Loops
          When was he the Black Ranger? I thought it was Red... Or just Green and White...

          PL
          I think when the series first started...then he became Green, and became evil..then he was like good and became white...

          Wait a second...Evil Poop Loops...you have forced me to devulge my secret: Yes I watched power rangers as a kid.

          Comment


            #6
            No no no, I definately remember him first being Green, then White, then Jason left and he became Red. No Black, unless in the later seasons the colors got switched around some how.

            Email him and find out.

            PL

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Poop-Loops
              No no no, I definately remember him first being Green, then White, then Jason left and he became Red. No Black, unless in the later seasons the colors got switched around some how.

              Email him and find out.

              PL
              Ahh..I argued this point, however others felt the need to say "no he was the black ranger first" so I said "allright."

              I don't remember Jason leaving...was this before or after their first movie? Because I remember in the movie the guy in black (who wasn't Tommy) bitched baout being the Frog Ninja...anywho...what do you think of the site?

              Comment


                #8
                The black ranger is USUALLY a black guy. As racist as that sounds....

                Edit: Half of their black belts are children.....
                Last edited by Knightmare; 3/27/2005 11:40pm, .

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Osiris
                  I think that was only the first rangers that were like that. Black was a black guy, yellow was this aian chick (who died a while back), and pink was the girl. LOL

                  Well I know of atleast one other black-black ranger.

                  I think there was an asian one and that tommy guy as well.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Osiris
                    tommy was the green and the white ranger. The asian ranger was originally the yellow ranger.
                    I was speaking of the entire run of the episodes. Like power rangers in space, power rangers, etc.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      And the White Ranger was a white guy. And the Asian chick just happened to know Kung Fu, too.

                      Jason definately left. I think it was after the first movie. They got the new Zords. Yeah, it was a while after the movie. I think stuff happened, Jason left (he got too old to be a teenager :P), then they got new Zords again. That's about where I stopped watching. It got wierd with like the Time Robot Villians or something. The writers started ODing on whatever they were taking.

                      PL

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Osiris
                        tommy was the green and the white ranger. The asian ranger was originally the yellow ranger.
                        http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/theoriginalprs/main.htm

                        EDIT: Oh and I'd like to add that throughout the FitTV show, he pronounced Karate "Karatee", rather than "Karatey". Everyone did.
                        Last edited by Reikon; 3/27/2005 11:57pm, .

                        Comment


                          #13
                          There's something unsettling about watching the Green Ranger hand some purple belts the beatings of their lives. He only seems to be interested in showing how much better he is. Maybe I'm wrong, but the impression I get is that he's got a healthy ego to support... and purple belts are tasty, tasty morsels. See the vid titled: Sparring

                          http://www.risingsunkarate.com/media.htm

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by bodar
                            There's something unsettling about watching the Green Ranger hand some purple belts the beatings of their lives. He only seems to be interested in showing how much better he is. Maybe I'm wrong, but the impression I get is that he's got a healthy ego to support... and purple belts are tasty, tasty morsels. See the vid titled: Sparring

                            http://www.risingsunkarate.com/media.htm
                            I just realized that page has SlipKnot as the BG music, +rep to the web designer...

                            (it might not be slipknot, bu tit's something with corey taylor singing)

                            Comment


                              #15
                              This guy try's way too hard to look fully hardcore in every pic. As for the style it doesnt seem too horrible, it's almost like a conbination of Boxing and Karate.

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X