X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So how many of you BJJ guys have a Pink Shirt

http://www.kimonogirl.ca/

Escape First
    While Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is an incredibly powerful art which can enable anyone to handily overcome larger, stronger, faster opponents, we believe that violence is a cancer in our society and our lives which should be avoided at all costs. Rather than teaching students how to hurt opponents, we focus on gaining control of and safely escaping from dangerous situations. It is our belief that only when escape is not possible, should we seek alternatives.

Comfort And Fun Are Paramount
    Like anything else, you have to practice in order to become skilled in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. In order to want to practice, you've got to not only feel comfortable, but also be having fun. Simply put, if you're comfortable and having fun, you'll want to come back. We try to make classes low-stress by teaching in an open, laid back manner (no bowing or calling anyone master!), always encouraging questions and helping each student find ways to make techniques work for their own unique body. Luckily, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is an incredibly fun art to practice, as you're constantly engaging both body and mind. It employs strategy and creativity as much as it does technique and timing, and is often likened to a game of chess with your body. Practice makes perfect, but fun is what makes us want to practice.

Grading System
    We're greatly opposed to traditional ideas of martial arts hierarchy, as well as the concept of the instructor being seen as a "master." We feel that the best way to help students become skilled is to treat them as equals. That said, in order to provide more concrete goals to work towards, we've developed a three-tiered grading system. The ultimate objective of this system is to help students achieve a blue belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu - a level where they will effectively be able to nullify size and strength advantages of opponents untrained in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. The three levels are differentiated by shirt colour, as described in the kimonogear section.

Kimonogirl Level 1 (blue shirt)
    During this first level, students learn the differences between the various ground positions, with a focus on escaping from inferior positions and controlling superior ones. Submissions (disabling techniques) and rolling (live sparring) are introduced.

Kimonogirl Level 2 (pink shirt)
    Once students are comfortable rolling and proficient with escapes, we begin to focus more heavily on submissions - our primary objective when escape is not an option.

Kimonogirl Level 3 (brown shirt)
    During this level of training, we focus on overcoming size and strength disadvantages. A major part of this process is a focus on transitions between techniques, so that students know what to do should a technique fail. Beyond this level, students have a solid foundation in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and are able to begin to develop their own flair and style.

LeBell has a pink gi...

Comment

And he can wear whatever he wants!

Comment

Damn right !!

Comment

That's it. When I find a BJJ studio in my area, I am wearing a pink gi. It's like the new black, you know...

Comment

JKDchick's gonna have a heart attack when she reads that...

Comment

Does anyone know who is teaching it? Are they qualified?
              Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?

Comment

The question isn't whether BJJers/Judoka can pull off wearing pink gi but will aikidoka ever be able to pull off wearing a pink "hakama". What people don't seem to know is the hakama was only for day-to-day wear. In battle, we donned a full length ball gown covered in sequins. The idea was to blind your opponent with luxury.
                Spoiler:
                Bastardized Simpsons quote

Comment

Access1denied,

here ya go!

http://www.brazilianfightwear.com/st...3&Item_ID=1461

Comment

Camo and pink!!!!!

*dies*

Comment

Originally posted by TylerDurden
                      I know the guy; he's got a purple belt in BJJ. Smallish and highly technical, so he's pretty well suited for this line of teaching. However, I'm not sure how I feel about either pink T-shirts or BJJ as the ultimate in women's SD.

Comment

Originally posted by TylerDurden
                        Here is what I found:

One of the testimonials has the names Elliot and Steve. Steve I can't find a last name. Elliot signed an online petition his last name is Bayev.

users.resist.ca/~gidget/petition.shtml

Towards the bottom of the page it lists kimonogirl under his name

Trained under Marcus Soares in BJJ who trained under Carlson Gracie.

competed in Purple Belt Divison in this tournament:
                        http://www.grapplers.com/rated/index...ventID=5735596

At some point they were Marcu Soares/ Carlson Gracie affiliation in some fights. Now it is Marcus Soares/ Rebellion jiu-Jitsu

http://rebellionjj.com/instructors.html

I'm wondering if this Steve Lin is probably the one that teaches with Bayev.

I've saw at least 2 wins and one loss that I could find. Probably more but got tired of looking.

Comment

Speaking of shirts...

Totally offtopic. But at GQ last weekend, Uly wore this rashguard and fought a guy in a mexican wrestling mask. I shit you not. Britney won~

Comment

The question is not if you wear a pink shirt or not...Its how would you like to tap out like a little girl by a guy (or gal) wearing a pink shirt!!! :5squeeze:

Comment

Originally posted by Lights Out
                              Camo and pink!!!!!

*dies*
                              How about a camo gi made from pink, purple, and...either yellow or blue, I can't decide.

PL

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X