Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The armbar from BJJ is useless...."

http://www.defend.net/deluxeforums/s...33&postcount=1

Bjj isnt that cool. Its only effective against people how arent very good at there martial art...... honestly. the problme is that Bjj doesnt incorperate good blocking and striking technique. yeah ur screwed if they mount u, but every BJJ fighter i ever went up against never got me down or i took them down and went from there. since i am doing MMA i decided to triain it abit and found it pretty basic. one thing i disliked is this arm bar type move where u put the arm between ur legs adn arch ur back. seemed very ineffective and useless..... i dunno jsut ranting
    This guy must be the d34dly.... :5dunce:
    SON OF ODIN

My Punching with Power article

That's unfortunate :sad:
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Comment

Now.. English is not my first language. But how come people who usually start critizism of arts they have never trained or understand, always have shitty grammar and a ton of spelling errors in their posts?

Then again. I don't suppose this guy is very old. I feel dumber from having read that stuff. Probably just replying because I'm tired and about to go to bed :P
      More human than human is our motto.

Comment

I agree with the guy, actually. The Judo armbar is much better.

PL

Comment

NEVER, EVER, EVER,

Disrespect the juji gatame around me! After a six year layoff from training, last Monday I subbed a college wrestler with it three times in three minutes. And I am all kinds of out of practice. "that arm bar where you put his arm between ur legs" my ass!

I must go to defend.net and address this.
          And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Comment

LOL @ that guy. I know about BJJ and MA quite well, and the armbar from BJJ routinely puts icepacks and braces around my elbows ;p.

He's probably a striker fanboy... most of the practitioners online are overly curious kids ;p.

Comment

Eh, that guy has worse grammar and spelling then me.
              That is depressing.

Comment

you know, i have to agree with that guy.

juji-gatame is a pretty pointless move with no redeeming value...i mean, what's the point in immobilizing the limb, controlling the head, and bending the joint backwards until it dislocates?

what a waste of energy...

edit: but seriously, that guy's a fucking moron.

Comment

I have to confess, as a striker I secretly thought the armbar was a little overrated myself. At one of the throwdowns, Luan put one on my and I couldn't believe what was happening...I felt like there was no way out. Vargas also armlocked me at will. At a Matt Thornton seminar, I couldn't believe how effortlessly a purple belt (BJJ) was locking me and other people.

My only reservation now is that I believe if I could move fast enough I could sink my teeth into the opponents front leg/calf area and it might help my situation. Just a theory though...

Comment

Originally posted by blankslate

My only reservation now is that I believe if I could move fast enough I could sink my teeth into the opponents front leg/calf area and it might help my situation. Just a theory though...
                    i sympathize, but at one point i thought that as a desperation move i might be able to pull that off.

now i realize that if someone had me in a good arm bar and i bit their leg, there is nothing stopping them from just cranking it and snapping my arm.

Comment

His profile:

Biography:
                      Honor, courtesy and respect come before understanding and proformance.
                      Martial Art(s) Studied:
                      My main style of martial art is Taekwon-do. I have also studied in length, Systems and Jeet Kun Do. I am begining my studies in Mui Tai kickboxing. I have been developing my chi and focus for about 1 year. Was provincial open sparring gold in 2000.
                      Student. I help organize a weekly open sparring club.

Comment

I think he's right.Sure juji might break an arm.But lifes real problems never change.The only true victory is over oneself.... yadda yadda yadda

Comment

BJJ is fake. Don't buy into the lies, and never tap. It's all lies.

Comment

Just as fake as the arm you'll have afterwards ;).

Comment

Originally posted by blankslate
                              I doubt it. In a real fight, you'll just piss the guy off even more, so he'll pull the armbar even faster and harder. Least, that's what I'd do. :)

PL

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X