Clear All

• Omega Supreme
    replied
    :::: smacks forehead :::::

Leave a comment:

• MrSmith
    replied
    Oh, how the mighty have fallen!

No, seriously though, if this isn't gonna inspire some BJJ-nutriding then I don't know what is - and JUST as I was about to take up some judo...BTW, how was his conditioning, had he toughened up? Was his manly physique still pasty and white? Was there a significant difference in weight/muscle between the two of you? And - unless it reads in your profile and I seem like a complete idiot - how long have you been doing judo?

Oh, so many questions.
    Last edited by MrSmith; 7/21/2005 6:25am, . Reason: clarification of a question

Leave a comment:

• Sophist
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMcFu
    Damn yo. Well, at least he got some sense. Did he talk some smack afterwards?
    No, but he's now after entering the Scottish Open in judo, which might prove interesting. Some quite good people will be fighting there, and I know a very decent black belt who's not entering on the grounds he'll get mashed, so I look forward to hearing what happens.

He did provide me with the training times of a local BJJ/Muay Thai place I've been trying to track down for a while with little success as all the details I've found out about them online proved to be outdated. So that's a bonus.

Leave a comment:

• chaosexmachina
    replied
    "When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master."

"Only a master of evil, Wing Chun MMA guy!"

Leave a comment:

• JohnnyCache
    replied
    HA! Now that's comedy.

Leave a comment:

• MrMcFu
    replied
    Damn yo. Well, at least he got some sense. Did he talk some smack afterwards?

Leave a comment:

• Sophist
    replied
    He came back. Months and months without seeing him, and then he turns up at another judo club I've been frequenting lately.

I think, "Heyyyyy! Wing Chun MMA guy! Time for some ne-waza!"

So I grab him, and we roll.

He kicks my ass. Not severely, but consistently. Gets a pin, an (admittedly judo-illegal) guillotine neck crank and position for a triangle choke within two five minute sessions of randori (time ended with the choke yet to start being applied).

I'm a bit miffed.

It turns out that in the interval since I last saw him, he's been training BJJ.

Not funny. Not funny at all.

Leave a comment:

• patfromlogan
    replied
    Good post Matadon and when I tried to + Sophist I couldn't so I looked at his list and sure enough, he was the one who'd made a good post in ShoTokan. Welcome to the site.

And encourage the n00bs in class! Make converts. I've found that nerdy awkward types really LIKE being shown things like double legs and high/low punching combos and like I saw eyes lighting up when I showed some of the low rank belts how to add the breaks to that takedown (with the take down keep the arm high and when they hit place your knee on their shoulder joint and if you have a good grip you can pull up sharply and take out the shoulder as they land and hit the elbow here while pulling them this way and the wrist breaks and... meanwhile we circle around and Sensei takes a young strong bb on the doubled up mats and shows how to take a simple ashi-guruma (school yard trip) to the double leg (osoto?) and shows 'em how, "like most Judo throws you can drob them nice on their back, or harder on their shoulders, or like this..." and he flips the guy heels over head and body slams him face first and says, "Now of course you could just as easily spike him on his head...." And they LOVE IT!

Fuck that's a long post...

Leave a comment:

• Strong Machine
    replied
    I goddamn HATE the term Mixed-Martial-Arts.
    I get at least one call a week from a guy asking what arts we mix.Then he'll say "I do MMA too, we combine tang so do and TKD at my school" or something like that.
    I just find putting "martial arts" in there gets the crazy idiots that TMA attracts looking into MMA.
    I hate saying to cause it sounds so lame... but lately when asked what arts we mix I just say "we do ultimate fighting".And then they get it.But I can't shake the feeling that something called ultimate fighting should only be done by extreme skateboarders and other wanna be badasses with noserings and spiky hair.

Leave a comment:

• Matadon
    replied
    Originally posted by Lampa
    ...promises of being street deadly without engaging in anything that reminds them of what the kids who beat them up in high school did?
    I think this is a big thing, really; I know I was orignally attracted to my first McDojo, because I didn't want to fight, to learn how to fight. Hey, at 16, logic wasn't my strong point. It wasn't until after I had spent a few years lifting weights, and discovered that once you leave high school the bullies end up either working at McDonalds or in prison, that I was willing to try actually fighting.

Leave a comment:

• Zeddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Poop-Loops
    He's doing Judo, he's on the right path. Just gradually get all that other nonsense out of his head and he'll be fine.
    I'm pretty sure after he's slammed into the mat and subbed a few times his head will straighten out. In the meantime, the regulars can have fun with him. =)

Originally posted by Poop-Loops
    What the hell is with all the hot asian women in avatars???
    That wasn't an actual complaint, was it?

Leave a comment:

• Lampa
    replied
    Originally posted by JKDChick
    WHAT THE FUCK IS IT ABOUT WING CHUN THAT ATTRACTS THESE DIPSHITS?
    Apiritions of the image of Bruce Lee conjured by fast Chinese men who make faces? Promises of being street deadly without engaging in anything that reminds them of what the kids who beat them up in high school did?

Leave a comment:

• JKDChick
    replied
    WHAT THE FUCK IS IT ABOUT WING CHUN THAT ATTRACTS THESE DIPSHITS?

Leave a comment:

• Gypsy Jazz
    replied
    Please for the love of everything sacred and the longevity of the legs of others convince this ass that unless he has been properly taught how to do a leg/ankle lock of any sort he shouldn't be using them. If it's a straight achillies the chances of injury are comparably pretty low, but if this guy thinks "OH WOW HEEL HOOK I AM SO COOL I SAW THIS ON TV" it could seriously screw up someone's leg for a while.

Once you kick his ass thoroughly you should explain to him just how ignorant his is and point him in the right direction.

Leave a comment:

• Emevas
    replied
    I'm sorry Grandpa but I'm far too young to remember the 1980s =P

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X