X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a new place to train in Connecticut

in the same boat, maybe I can help

Adrenaline,

Here is a page from Google's local search function. It's a start, but I can't recommend any, since I don't know them.

http://local.google.com/local?sc=1&h...le+Search&sl=1

Hope it helps a little bit.
    I dork harder than any of you can imagine.

- Hedgehoney

Comment

You probably don't want to go all the way to Waterbury, but Ron Kosakowski's practical self-defense center put on a pretty good program. (At least the last seminar I went to there was pretty good) They really like hard contact and long workouts. Good stuff.
      And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrapper
        You probably don't want to go all the way to Waterbury, but Ron Kosakowski's practical self-defense center put on a pretty good program. (At least the last seminar I went to there was pretty good) They really like hard contact and long workouts. Good stuff.
        Word. Adrenaline, you migh want to PM Honeybadger because he goes to Mr. Kosakowski's school.

If you can get to East Hartford, there is a Royce Gracie school there run by a good dude named Jim Hughes. I heard they do boxing there too. SamuelBrowning is also in that area so you may want to ask him. I know there's an mma and/or muay thai school in that area too.

And don't be too worried about yer students. Maybe some of'em will follow you. Sometimes you just gotta do what ya gotta do.
        "We spoke to them in the only language they understood: the machine gun"

Comment

I like Jim, a lot, but the best way to find out a list of the best MMA schools in Connecticut is to contact NAGA (North American Grappling Association, check the internet) and ask Kipp which connecticut schools send good people to his tournments. You'll get a list of 5 to 6 MMA schools based on results.

Comment

Thanks all......will start the searching today.

Comment

Come to the PSDTC. We want you...in more ways than you're comfortable acknowledging.

In all seriousness, give Ron a call and come on down to observe a class or 2. Monday and Wednesday are JF/JKD and grappling and Tuesday and Thursday are Fillipino Kun Tao and Kali. Friday night is open mat night and Saturday morning is another Kun Tao class.

Tell him you got a recommendation from Bullshido and he'll know it was me. Unfortunately, I'm in Japan until March so I can't come down and greet you personally.
              Originally posted by Canuckyokushin
              I would so do Buttsecks.

Comment

Adrenaline,

I'm moving to CT soon myself. Any luck with your search? My back won't be jacked up forever and I want to get back to training.

- Hedgehoney

Comment

The above invitation is certainly extended to you, Afronaut. Where will you be in CT?
                  Originally posted by Canuckyokushin
                  I would so do Buttsecks.

Comment

Originally posted by HoneyBadger
                    The above invitation is certainly extended to you, Afronaut. Where will you be in CT?
                    About an hour north of Waterbury. Know of anything in the northwest part of the state?

- Hedgehoney

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X