Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats with this

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Whats with this

    How come alot of people here seem to think that japanese jiu jitsu is useless?
    I do it and its more MMA than anything, we work on our striking and stuff, but primarily grappling.
    I bought a book today from Royler gracie and there weren't any terms in there I didn't know.
    Aside from the lack of striking it was like identicle.
    I'm just curious here thats all.
    I mean my teacher has even grappled with carlos newton, he even has it videotaped..
    For those that are skepticle, http://www.pensemartialartsandfitnes...os_Newton2.JPG
    See this, note guys, Please don't email my teacher Mike, I don't want him getting annoyed or anything, even though most likely he wouldn't mind me posting this, you just never know. I'm terrible with people. Now that I'v done saying that I'm just curious why everyone seems to think that BJJ is so much better than JJJ, or does it all depend on your teacher?
    I'm a white belt in a system with 6 belts (excluding the black belts) and I'v allready been taught armbars, the triangle, and alot of other stuff.
    so please dudes, enlighten me.

    #2
    In case you didn't know, BJJ is the father of JJJ. That is why it is superior.

    Comment


      #3
      The vast majority of JJJ is taught as mostly standing wrist locks and strikes, with little to no free sparring, and poor groundwork.

      Now maybe your school is awesome and doesn't follow any of these poor standards.

      But you are in the minority.

      Comment


        #4
        Judo is the new Jujitsu.


        And I'm actually serious.
        Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all shit like that! -theoutsider

        Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

        The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

        dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

        Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
        I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
        what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Yrkoon9
          In case you didn't know, BJJ is the father of JJJ. That is why it is superior.
          I can't tell if your being sarcastic...I'm hoping you are.
          And lifetime, what do you mean?

          Comment


            #6
            Actually JJJ is the grandfather of BJJ. I don't do BJJ, I do SAMBO, JJJ, Chinese Wrestling, shoootfighting and Judo for subgrappling. This belief has actually been debunked before. JJJ is like saying Toyota. What brand are you talking about. It ranges from wrist and joint lock stuff resembling Aikido all the way to knock down, drag out, MMA style and has for years before BJJ made its big scene.

            Comment


              #7
              Anyone who's seen a real JJJ class knows its merit. But like most arts, it's watered down for the west.

              I know guys who train in it and it's a hard-ass art when taught properly and fully, all the way to the ground.
              Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Nightstrike
                I can't tell if your being sarcastic...I'm hoping you are.
                And lifetime, what do you mean?
                Jigoro Kano founded Judo on Jujitsu principles with a firm emphasis on randori rather than "dead" drills. It was so popular that it replaced Jujitsu within a decade or so as one of the most popular arts in Japan at the time.

                Essentially Judo has got a lot of standup grappling principles. While a lot of people tend to focus on the various assortment of throws and unbalancing, Judo has joint locks and ne-waza (groundwork) as well.
                Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all shit like that! -theoutsider

                Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

                The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

                dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

                Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
                I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
                what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

                Comment


                  #9
                  Wrong wrong wrong.

                  Listen to what Helio says. Helio is sitting next to God and Helio said that JJ died out in Japan and JJJ hasn't been practiced for a long, long time. It took the Gracies to bring back JJ back to the world. What you see now, the JJJ is just a bunch of Judo+old aikido crap mixed in with what they saw the Gracies do.

                  Helio would not lie. Therefore it is the truth.

                  It goes like this:

                  JJJ
                  Judo
                  BJJ
                  JJJ that isnt really JJJ

                  So there you have it. It went from God to Helio to me to you. And thats all you need to know.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Yrkoon9
                    Wrong wrong wrong.

                    Listen to what Helio says. Helio is sitting next to God and Helio said that JJ died out in Japan and JJJ hasn't been practiced for a long, long time. It took the Gracies to bring back JJ back to the world. What you see now, the JJJ is just a bunch of Judo+old aikido crap mixed in with what they saw the Gracies do.

                    Helio would not lie. Therefore it is the truth.

                    It goes like this:

                    JJJ
                    Judo
                    BJJ
                    JJJ that isnt really JJJ

                    So there you have it. It went from God to Helio to me to you. And thats all you need to know.


                    :bowdown:


                    How could we be wrong this whole time.?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by lifetime
                      Jigoro Kano founded Judo on Jujitsu principles with a firm emphasis on randori rather than "dead" drills. It was so popular that it replaced Jujitsu within a decade or so as one of the most popular arts in Japan at the time.

                      Essentially Judo has got a lot of standup grappling principles. While a lot of people tend to focus on the various assortment of throws and unbalancing, Judo has joint locks and ne-waza (groundwork) as well.
                      I see. It doesn't mean the JJJ was a bad art in itself though. Just not widely trained right. Kind of like TKD.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        You're such a Candian.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          It's has nothing to do with being canadian.
                          It's everything to do with being stupid.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Which has everything to do with being Canadian.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Nightstrike
                              It's has nothing to do with being canadian.
                              It's everything to do with being stupid.
                              For once, a Canadian that gets it right.



                              And no, I actually do believe Judo is a better art than JJJ. More dynamic. But you're right, JJJ has merits.
                              Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all shit like that! -theoutsider

                              Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

                              The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

                              dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

                              Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
                              I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
                              what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X