wing chun vs tong long

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wing chun vs tong long

I've been considering adding either wing chun or tong long to my training regime. Whilst it would be mainly for speed / drills / reflexes / coordination purposes, I would still like whichever choice I made to have some sort of street applicability.

Comments? Advice?

Now I know it ultimately depends on the school and their training methods, but just as an art, which one in your opinion / experience is more street applicable?

Cheers

Wing Chun sucks. Just read what the average wing chun praciticioner writes and you'll see why you should stay the fuck away from it.

Just start training Muay Thai.
    I pointed at him [the panhandler], bringing my rear hand up in a subtle approximation of the double Wu Sau guard that is the default hand position in Wing Chun Kung Fu.

"Step away," I hissed.
    -Phil Elmore

Comment

Kim Jong Il, fong long won.
      "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
      YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Comment

Do the mantis.
        “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Comment

I am growing more and more convinced that wing chun was actually created as a practical joke which has since gone out of control.

Comment

By a young nun from Wong Sil Cum.
            "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
            YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Comment

Originally posted by Aesopian
              I am growing more and more convinced that wing chun was actually created as a practical joke which has since gone out of control.
              We need video evidence.

Originally posted by Stickx
              It must suck for legit practitioners of tai chi like Cullion to see their art get all watered down into exercise for seniors.
              Those who esteme qi have no strength. ~ Exposition of Insights into the Thirteen Postures Attrib: Wu Yuxiang founder of Wu style tai chi.

Comment

Originally posted by Jekyll
                We need video evidence.

Comment

That are pics,not videos~~~
                  "People think that judo is only unarmed combat - but you are never unarmed when you can hit someone with a planet. "
                  - Uncyclopedia entry on Judo

Comment

Whilst I do appreciate the feedback on wing chun, does anybody have any input about tong long? Mantis, what would you say are it's advantages over wing chun?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Mantis
                      Do the mantis.
                      I agree. Do the mantis.

Comment

They are screenshots from this large video collection that shows the pure comedy of wing chun:

http://www.budovideos.com/shop/custo...me.php?cat=253

Comment

Oh okay........
                          "People think that judo is only unarmed combat - but you are never unarmed when you can hit someone with a planet. "
                          - Uncyclopedia entry on Judo

Comment

Originally posted by prodigal
                            Whilst I do appreciate the feedback on wing chun, does anybody have any input about tong long? Mantis, what would you say are it's advantages over wing chun?
                            Better techniques.
                            “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Comment

Originally posted by prodigal
                              1. Mantis actually teaches footwork and kicks.
                              2. Mantis also incorporates sweeps and throws.
                              3. mantis incorporates movements from several styles like monkey and tiger.

The only reason (in my opinion) that Wing Chun is still so popular is because it's the martial art that Bruce Lee originally studied.

Comment

Working...
                              X