wing chun vs tong long

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by v1o
    Its a simple system you could learn all the forms in a month, but they would be of no practical use.

I just wanted to make sure more people didn't miss this absolutely wonderful quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin
      Prodigal.. BOXING.. LEARN WESTERN BOXING...
      Nonsense! Everyone knows that once you extend your foot towards a boxer they immediately burst into flames and scream "I AM COMPLETELY OUT OF MY ELEMENT".

:new_uklia <---Boxer vs. Wing Chun
      Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Comment

I can lean the Spanish alphabet in less than a month...but that doesn't mean I will be able to speak Spanish.

Seriously...I'm all open for debating WC...but the vast majority of you folks are not even giving me anything to work with here.

Incidentally...for those of you who don't know...WC and Mantis historically have been at odds with each other...much of the reason being they are both focused on close range fighting.

Comment

Boyd...why would a boxer need to learn how to defend against a kick?

It's like the need for you to learn how to put on a condom.

Comment

Originally posted by wingchunnewbie
            Wing Chun teaches footwork and kicks. Wing Chun incorporates sweeps and throws. Wing Chun _doesn't_ include any 'animal style' movements.
            Wing Chun also 'has' grappling and 'uses' knife defenses and 'licks' the massive and fruitful testicles of all BJJ practioners.
            Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Comment

Originally posted by Amp
              I can lean the Spanish alphabet in less than a month...
              For some reason, I'm pretty sure you'd need at least two.
              I pointed at him [the panhandler], bringing my rear hand up in a subtle approximation of the double Wu Sau guard that is the default hand position in Wing Chun Kung Fu.

"Step away," I hissed.
              -Phil Elmore

Comment

you should already know most of the spanish alphabet ...

they do call it the latin alphabet for a reason ... =)
                totoro-san ... world sushi munching champion ...

Comment

keep in mind the fact that he does Wing Chun and has yet to come to terms with the fact that it's worthless. The concept of an n with a tilde over it must blow his chain-punching mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Boyd
                    keep in mind the fact that he does Wing Chun and has yet to come to terms with the fact that it's worthless. The concept of an n with a tilde over it must blow his chain-punching mind.
                    Your wisdom is the light that leads me through the darkness.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Mantis
                      Mayhem: Who let you use the computer?

:5arg:
                      :icon_blac
                      As I said this is just my opinion. I take it you don't agree?
                      Nobody let me use the computer, I had to sneak in!

Comment

In all honesty I would take the combat centre over Tom Long. They cross train at the combat centre, kick boxing, bjj, MT and wing chun and kali I think? Im gonna check out the combat centre near me in Mt Ommaney to see what its like, cept it is call "intergrative combat centre" there I believe it is the same one, their main headquaters is supposed to be on Mary street or something I think?

Wing has low gate defences...that's what legs are for.

Gah speaking of lion dance, chinese new year coming up...*cries*
                        Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

Comment

hes not called long tong for no reason you know

Comment

Originally posted by Boyd
                            Wing Chun also 'has' grappling and 'uses' knife defenses
                            Wing Chun has standup grappling, but no groundwork. The only knife defenses I've seen are the ones where you yourself are armed with two meat-cleaver size knives or a six-foot pole.

Where do you get your information ?

Comment

Please don't insult grappling by implying that standing a foot away and slapping each other's forearms is 'grappling'. You're making it cry.

Comment

Wing Chun and Tong Long fall beneath my excellent technique of Long Dong.

It incorporates multiple positions and several different hand forms.
                                Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all shit like that! -theoutsider

Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
                                I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
                                what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X