Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Preacher Man
    Wing chun has footwork and kicks.
    Wing chun has sweeps and throws (kinda on the throw part, they're mnore sweeps).
    And the local mantis guys are scared of us.
    To be honest I don't know that much about wing chun except for the fact that the whole first form is performed with your feet firmly planted in one place. Not much foot work there.

Comment

Originally posted by virtual_mantis
      To be honest I don't know that much about wing chun except for the fact that the whole first form is performed with your feet firmly planted in one place. Not much foot work there.

Look at the second form Chum Kiu.

Comment

I don't know how wing chun schools stay in business, seeing as people could proably master everything there is to offer in 2 years of hard work.
        “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Comment

Look at the second form Chum Kiu.
          True. Cheungs chumkiu has some footwork. Leung Ting's chumkiu has like three steps to the left and three steps to the right. Both forms suck mightily.

Who do you train with? Are you associated with William Cheung?

Tomas
          Current stage of death: denial

Comment

Originally posted by drummerboy
            True. Cheungs chumkiu has some footwork. Leung Ting's chumkiu has like three steps to the left and three steps to the right. Both forms suck mightily.

Who do you train with? Are you associated with William Cheung?

Tomas

I prefer you not to swear like that ;)

My Wing Chun comes from Kevin Chan originally as he trained my sifu.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Mantis
              I don't know how wing chun schools stay in business, seeing as people could proably master everything there is to offer in 2 years of hard work.
              Average person with no previous martial art training, but with average coordination should be able to learn the siu nim tao in 3-4 classes. About the same time it takes to learn The Maccarena.

They stay in business by brainwashing students like you see on the posts on this forum.

Tomas

Comment

I prefer you not to swear like that ;)

My Wing Chun comes from Kevin Chan originally as he trained my sifu.
                Heh...point.
                Stuff that comes from LT or WC is horrible.

Tomas

Comment

Wing Chun inst about learning forms, its about practical application.

Its a simple system you could learn all the forms in a month, but they would be of no practical use.

Comment

Average person with no previous martial art training, but with average coordination should be able to learn the siu nim tao in 3-4 classes. About the same time it takes to learn The Maccarena.

They stay in business by brainwashing students like you see on the posts on this forum.

Tomas

You're an idiot.

Comment

You're an idiot.
                      Video evidence?

Tomas

Comment

Video evidence?

Tomas
                        Working on it.

Comment

Wow, it's a CMA circle jerk.
                          "Prison is for rapists, thieves and murderers. If you lock someone up for smoking a plant that makes them happy, you're the fucking criminal." - Joe Rogan

El Guapo says dance!

Comment

Fuck Wing Chun.. Go boxing instead. No - not chinese boxing.
                            video game reviews

Comment

Funny you say this, as that's how it was specifically designed - a simple system that could be taught quickly.. Funny that 2 months of Boxing will place ANY person above 2 years of WC (equal physical virtues)
                              video game reviews

Comment

Prodigal, I would not waste my time with wing chun. Wing chun is limited. They tout this impervious blocking system, but truth be told, they don't have low gate blocking. What low gate blocking they do have is not wing chun.

In my opinion, Wing Chun is an inferior CMA, is not even a complete striking art and you are likely to be bullshitted into believing that you can kick people's asses.
                                This isn't true.

WC has plenty of low gate defenses.

And what kind of sense does it make to say that the low gate blocks that WC has isn't WC? How can WC have something that isn't WC?

And who the fuck are you to tell me what WC is?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X