zeemen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MEGA JESUS-SAN
    What the hell was that story even for? There's a difference between keeping certain techniques to yourself and never showing your skill, ever.
    Whatever, it's up to the master whether to come out and show their skills publically

Also bad. Not knowing what "Nihilism" means is a good indicator that you should keep your mouth shut.

Anyway, Nihilism is the belief that nothing has any meaning, and thus that the only thing worth doing is nothing. It's an excuse to be a lazy slob.
    Umm, I think I'll do fine without nihilism

You said something along the lines of, "I don't care enough to help out everybody." That suggests that you don't feel like helping people, not that you're "Weary" of it.

Why the fuck did you bother to add "sentient"?
    I was mainly reffering to the poster named Jeice, I believe. Anyways, your thought determine your future and where you will go and your future in the new cosmos.

It's also a matter of deserving, based on attitude. I grow weary of this attitude

If you're going to argue a point, argue a point. Don't make an ambigious jab.
    "ambigous jab" is rather an ambigous term itself

Okay, what I'm saying is that because everyone agrees on something isn't evidence. There was a thread posted about Psychics, and how people go along with it. On a forum you can pretend to be smart and beleive in the forum instead of Psychics. I mean, I don't care what your job is or what degree you have MA or otherwise, I care how cool you, how hardcore you are or where you are is, and what use you are to the world.
    Last edited by serious harm; 1/24/2005 8:13pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by serious harm
      Whatever, it's up to the master whether to come out and show their skills publically
      If they're not willing to show off their leet skills, then we have no reason to believe that they're skilled at all.

Umm, I think I'll do fine without nihilism
      Commendable.

I was mainly reffering to the poster named Jeice, I believe. Anyways, your thought determine your future and where you will go and your future in the new cosmos
      What does that have to do with "sentient" being redundant?

It's also a matter of deserving, based on attitude. I grow weary of this attitude
      Huh?

"ambigous jab" is rather an ambigous term itself
      No it's not. I said exactly what you're doing.

Okay, what I'm saying is that because everyone agrees on something isn't evidence.
      Something that's popular isn't necessarily true or justified. We're aware of that.

On a forum you can pretend to be smart and beleive in the forum instead of Psychics.
      Huh?

I mean, I don't care what your job is or what degree you have MA or otherwise, I care how cool you, how hardcore you are or where you are is, and what use you are to the world.
      "I don't care about your abilities, I care about how capable you are of being a useful person!"

Comment

Jesus, your definition implies you don't know what nihilism is, either. Not that it matters nor do I feel like becoming the official bullshido dictionary. I just notice that, for a site that looks so far down on misrepresentation, a lot of you guys give incorrect information about non-MA items as if it were fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Lampa
          Jesus, your definition implies you don't know what nihilism is, either. Not that it matters nor do I feel like becoming the official bullshido dictionary. I just notice that, for a site that looks so far down on misrepresentation, a lot of you guys give incorrect information about non-MA items as if it were fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Gargoiel
            even if he is a known criminal with tatoos all over his body that did prison time and possibly likes carrying a knife or knows where you live and can visit you and your family later? And looks like that Smiley guy that was gonna shoot Jake in Training day? Lets say he is alot stronger and muscular than you and grabs your shirt and you can't make him let go with both your arms put together. and lets say he was trying to light another guy on fire with a lighter before the guy ran off and you were his next victim or person to pick on because he was drunk. Ive been in this kind of situation before.
            What's wrong with tattoos and fire? Sounds like the guy was just out to have a good time. :))

Someone on here remind me to tell you while I call my best buddy "sparky" sometime at a throwdown. It's a good story, but it really requires telling in person.

Anyway, if you were in this situation, I don't know what to tell you, except maybe to say, to paraphrase Dalton's mentor, you were maybe screwing around someplace you didn't belong.

So what did you do? Deflect the guy's hands and take a kung fu stance? Did that calm him down?

And serious harm, if you mentor doesn't want his skills publicly known, wouldn't he be mad at you for talking about it? Come on, man. This is the really real world, there ain't no comin' back.

You have to realize that you are not making simple claims. You're saying this person can do unbelievable things. It's not as though you're saying he can bench 500 pounds or run a quick 40 yarder. The claims you are making are outrageous enough that some burden to demonstrate their veracity falls on you, yet you make them all the time, and do nothing but bitch at the forum for having the NERVE to question the fact that you know the guy from crouching tiger, hidden dragon...that's the reason everybody keeps talking shit to you. Get it?

And believe me, these people aren't all that bad - in fact, I'm pretty sure the reason you're still here is because this is one of the few places you haven't been laughed/thrown out of yet. . .

Comment

I'm no fan of nihilism, either. But you misrepresent the context. You paint the portait of the standard, lazy, black dressing teen who uses the "fact" that nothing matters to generally be a pussy. When, in fact, the denial of existance really means the denial of a moral value being placed on any one thing.

So, the first definition is more of a "A real dojo isn't 'better' than a Mcdojo because they both simply are and neither can have a higher quality than the other. Comparitive existance is a human construct."

It's not "I won't take out the garbage because it doesn't exist, anyway." Though some will make that claim.

Comment

Sometimes, there's no choice - thread needs pictar.

Comment

Originally posted by Lampa
                  I'm no fan of nihilism, either. But you misrepresent the context. You paint the portait of the standard, lazy, black dressing teen who uses the "fact" that nothing matters to generally be a pussy. When, in fact, the denial of existance really means the denial of a moral value being placed on any one thing.

So, the first definition is more of a "A real dojo isn't 'better' than a Mcdojo because they both simply are and neither can have a higher quality than the other. Comparitive existance is a human construct."

It's not "I won't take out the garbage because it doesn't exist, anyway." Though some will make that claim.
                  I may have used a nihilism in a stronger sense than the word is meant to be used in, but the idea is still there, and there's no denying that there's Nihilists who pretend that nothing matters so they have an excuse to do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyCache
                    thread needs cactaur

Comment

What's wrong with tattoos and fire? Sounds like the guy was just out to have a good time. :))
                      I was thinking of fighting the guy but my friends that lived in the same neighboorhood as him and knew him said he would continue socce rkicking me on the ground until I am uncontious and they would all have to pile up on him to stop him from coming at me. Plus I thought about the consequences later considering I was on vacation and stuck in that neighboorhood for awhile and he looked like a real killer with a blade (donm't know if he had one but he looked like he would use it). Not to mention when he grabbed me with all my strengh I couldn't make him let go. And the other guy I was with was even running from him when he tried to burn him and that guy is now in prison for killing his stepdad with a blade while another guy held him down, and he even pulled it on me when I told some bouncers that I thought were gonnna pound me that his other friend attacked me so that's why I retialated in the bar.

Comment

I must have missed a post or something. WHat did you do to retaliate? Fuck

Comment

"When you sleep on your bed, you put two iron boards next to your head (one on each side) and put all five finger tips on top of the iron board. Try to hang your elbow in the air and fall to sleep in that position."

Yeah right. I guess this guy dont need blood to circulate in his arms. Its more like your arms will necrotize and you end up needing to have your arms amputated.

Comment

what I did was go home like one of my friends advised me to and the next day when the guy sobers up he'll forget the whole thing. They knew I was from U.S (this was in Eastern Europe) and had more money than they did so that guy wanted me to go home and come out with more money to go drinking.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X