• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zeemen

Anyone heard of this style?

http://www.emptyflower.com/cgi-bin/y...num=1106260782

http://www.emptyflower.com/cgi-bin/y...num=1105765181

It's a southern CMA and emphasis on "pressure point strike - death touch (that gave me interest in it)". It was taught by Master Shoun Jen Shun in Taiwan. I have heard that one guy wanted to test Shoun's skill and Shoun stroked him and let him vomited blood for more than 20 years.

One day master Shoun was sick and CMC came to Shoun's house with one of Shoun's friend. Since CMC did not know Shoun. When CMC saw Shoun was sick, CMC suggested Shoun to practiced Taiji and mentioned that he was willing to teach him. This comment upset Shoun quite a bit. With just a single strike, Shoun knocked CMC to the ground before CMC realized that Shoun was the Zeeman master.

Zeeman emphasis on speed because they depend a lot on the finger tip attacking. Zeeman guys always like to challenge PM guys and competed them in speed. I have heard that 3 Zeeman guys even went to Wutan and challenged the Baiji guys. They had a lots confidence with their "maximum" speed which is even faster than PM. They don't have any fighting stance. Their both hands are next to their legs. They move in and raise their arm and then touch your chest with their finger tips and then move back. They are very fast in that path.

All Zeeman guys sparred but they play a different rule - whoever "touch" the other guy first will win. If you play their game then you will always lost. Since they are not using any force in striking, they can move in with lighting speed (total body relaxation) and touch you and then move back before you even realize what just happened. The funny thing is, unless their death touch can kill you by touching otherwise what damage can they delivered by touching you? Of course if their finger nails are full of deadly poison then that method may be deadly. The Zeeman guys could be the best fighters in "point system" tournament.

- I touch you first, I win and you lost.
    - I push you and you move back, I win and you lost.

I don't like either of those game rules.

Zeeman contains a lots of "principles". The whole style are built on top of 18 Chinese words. That's why it's called "Zeeman - style of words". Don't have English book for this style.

When you sleep on your bed, you put two iron boards next to your head (one on each side) and put all five finger tips on top of the iron board. Try to hang your elbow in the air and fall to sleep in that position. If you turn your body around then you put the other hand's finger tip on top of the other board. The idea is to practice KF even when you are sleeping. If you can fall to sleep in that position and be able to switch hands on iron board in your sleep then you could be a nature born Zeeman guy.
    All Zeeman guys not only fight, they go around and challenge other styles in Taiwan. You can't win by their rules (fight stop after the 1st touch) because they all have extreme speed. They even defeated PM GM in their method. They went to Wutan and no Baiji guys want to fight them.
    - Stay in a low horse stance.
    - Raise your right palm next to your right ear with eldown down).
    - Drop your right palm to the left of your left knee with palm facing to your left (break shoulder joint).
    - Strike right arm in front of you and strike with the back of your hand as mantis back hook (break elbow joint).
    - Move your right arm to your right 45 degree up and straingt your wraist with open palm (break wrist joint).
    - Repeat your left arm.

If you can do this drill fast enougfh that you won't be able to see your own hands then you have developed some speed. Keep your body relax all the time when you are doing this.

There are two special trainning tools that required in this style. One is a "Liu Sin - flying star" rope attahed with two small bag (filled with rice). You hold the center of the rope and spin to make the rope and bag into a straight line. The other one is "Fen Cha - wind fork" that you spin around you and throw up and then catched with your arm to develop the shaking power.
    Last edited by Gargoiel; 1/23/2005 3:06am, .

You'd have to be a complete moron to believe any part of that story.

That said, even if it WERE true, I wouldn't care how fast someone hits me if there is no force behind it.

Either way, it sucks.

PL

Comment

Another interesting style that is not known very much is ziramen:
      http://www.ziranmen.com/
      http://www.plumpub.com/info/knotebook/boxtzuran.htm
      http://www.whitecraneinstitute.com/en/ziranmen.htm

"Basket walking - ching gung demonstration

Toe stance - balance and postural demonstration

on the stake - core strength skill.

Notice he is curving away from the stake - not folding at the point of contact."

Here is an interesting technique:
      http://www.ziranmen.com/artsframe.htm

And another style I don't know much about is I liq Ch'uan:
      http://www.iliqchuan.org/
      Last edited by Gargoiel; 1/23/2005 3:38am, .

Comment

Someone has been watching too much naruto

Comment

Originally posted by Poop-Loops
          You'd have to be a complete moron to believe any part of that story.

That said, even if it WERE true, I wouldn't care how fast someone hits me if there is no force behind it.

Either way, it sucks.

PL
          speed can be very important in fighting. For example some guy is talking trash to you and disrespecting you so you wanna grab him by the shirt or throat to show you don't fear him. You go for him and he deflects your hand out of the way before you even reach him. You end up looking stupid and feel inferior to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Gargoiel
            speed can be very important in fighting. For example some guy is talking trash to you and disrespecting you so you wanna grab him by the shirt or throat to show you don't fear him. You go for him and he deflects your hand out of the way before you even reach him. You end up looking stupid and feel inferior to him.
            You grab him by the shirt or throat, you better not fear him.

I think some of these stories sound exagerated. The one baji fighter I've seen tape of in action is Asia, and I don't see him backing away from somebody who can flick him with their fingertips . . . which, while it sounds like a good drill if you don't want to watch TV on 'quad recovery day,' isn't something I'd call "sparring"

Comment

Sometimes you don't fear him but fear the consequences of your actions, or getting hit by his other hand, or other factors come into play but that is besides the point.

Regarding your other comment, well John Wang wrote that:
              It's very similiar to Wing Chun "chain punches" but done by your finger tips and finger tips can get in through very small gap. They also did their forms in slow speed and very soft too but in sparring, they performed "lighting speed". They also like to attack and donot play defense. A very aggressive style.

Comment

Gargoiel sounds like he is a thirteen year old kid.

Comment

He sounds like he's Strangler.

Comment

Any style that has a name that sounds like "semen" is stupid. Even if it does work all the other martial artists would laugh at you and pick on you and steal your lunch money.

Comment

Hey man, don't you be dissing Naruto, I open up some hyuuga style jyuuken on your ass :angry4:
                      Seriously though, I really think all this stuff is to be taken with a full shaker of salt, it sounds interesting, but really, without something tangible backing it up, it isn't worth writing home about.

Comment

Originally posted by Gargoiel
                        Only a moron starts fights over disrespect. And if someone tries to grab my shirt or neck, I won't just deflect his arm, it's on from that point.

PL

Comment

Finger strikes can be powerful, I didn't really beleive it myself for a long time. IT is possible to send someone flying with just a finger, because the whole body and bone structure is behind it. If someone is really good as sson as they touch you your knees will buckle, and even a Fighter will not be able to knee appaerently. DIfferent finger tips can make you buckle in different ways. I find Taiji ruler training to be helping my grip and understand putting the structure on your opponent using a sunken elbow. ELbows are cool, I think they can be strikes or qinna.
                          Last edited by serious harm; 1/23/2005 2:23pm, .

Comment

for fuck's sake

You don't hit people with your finger, they hit you.

Comment

Originally posted by Poop-Loops
                              Only a moron starts fights over disrespect. And if someone tries to grab my shirt or neck, I won't just deflect his arm, it's on from that point.

PL
                              oh...it's on

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X