X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tai Chi can cure diabetes through the power of Chi

http://www.ocolly.com/new_ocollycom/...php?a_id=24785

O god.... not the O'Colly >_<

Did you ever see the articles or pics they ran of the MMA team? Seriously, never let them do a story on the judo team with out you guys being able to read it over before hand. Ugh.

Kiyoshi's a nice guy, visited his class once, and while I figure that breathin exercises and all will certainly help you learn to keep your heart rate down.... cure diabetes? Also, more mental focus... if you say so buddy.

Comment

"deflects a kick"? Umm, I don't know. Just a picture I guess. Seems to be reaching way out of his center to grab it , and is appearing to be wide open

Comment

Originally posted by serious harm
        "deflects a kick"? Umm, I don't know. Just a picture I guess. Seems to be reaching way out of his center to grab it , and is appearing to be wide open
        That's likely the fault of the person who wrote the caption.

Comment

Originally posted by Dai-Tenshi
          O god.... not the O'Colly >_<

Did you ever see the articles or pics they ran of the MMA team? Seriously, never let them do a story on the judo team with out you guys being able to read it over before hand. Ugh.

Kiyoshi's a nice guy, visited his class once, and while I figure that breathin exercises and all will certainly help you learn to keep your heart rate down.... cure diabetes? Also, more mental focus... if you say so buddy.

Ya you are right. I just read the story the paper did on you guys. I thought a Judo write up could be a good thing for publicity but not any longer. The paper seems to have a track record of making MA look kind of stupid.

Comment

Depending on what type of diabetes it is Type 1 or 2, that statement could be "kind of" true.

Exercise can help manage both kinds and with type 2 diabetes a good exercise program can basically cure it - meaning that you don't have to take any kind of meds for it.

But again the same could be said of riding a bike for an hour on a regular basis.

Comment

HTML Code:
              he enjoys the lack of loud, ridiculous noises associated with Kung Fu
              :icon_cry: I like tai chi and Kung Fu, I think they should go hand in hand. Psh ridiculous noises...., I like kung-fu because the noises you make are kept to a minimum.

Yeah I would say that tai chi could help diabetes, but I don't know about curing it...doesn't make sense.

Comment

The write up they gave OSU MMA back in '03.

A hilarious piece they did on bar fights wherein they quote two local gym owners, gyms that have gone under as I recall.

:: gags ::

See if you can find all the grammatical and spelling errors.
                Last edited by Stick; 1/20/2005 5:21am, .

Comment

Hmmm...

The deflects a kick thing... he doesnt look that far off his centre and if he is completing the movment then it could be he deflected the kick and is moving in to hit him with a fist or something...

Cure diabetes... oh ye.. nope...
                  "If you can get it from my kungfu grip then you can have it... otherwise... step off b*t*h!!!" - Meet the Parents

"Hetero or Homo I don't see anyone telling him, "NO SIR I WILL NOT TAKE IT IN THE ASS!!!" " - Asia

"My neighbor has what he calls an "immortality potion" that will let you live forever.
                  People have been telling him that it's stupid and will not work... for 1200 years." - Leodom

Banish Uncertainty
                  Affirm Strength
                  Hold Resolve
                  Expect Death - read in a book

http://uk.360.yahoo.com/shadowdh

Comment

This guy's not been exposed to much of any worth outside of this TC class, has he? Someone might do well to show him how a boxer uses more than "just your arm". Or anyone else who hits with decent power.

Hell, I taught my sister how to throw a punch using "more than just her arm" when she was 9. She powered one into my solar plexus when she should have been aiming at my gut.

Wasn't expecting that.

The only training I had at the time was from my dad, who'd done a small amount of Judo and a fair bit of brawling when he was younger. First thing he told me about punching - don't just use your arm. Second thing he told me: you're gunna have to hit harder than that. Then he pushed me over and got me in some kind of figure-four leg lock and bounced my on my head.

Damn, I gots to find the time to go train in Judo properly.

Sorry. Where were we?

Oh, yeah... the articles.

Know why I find it so damned hard to write about the martial arts? Because of shit like that. If you're trying to write a fairly to-the-point article, you need to be able to choose your points and how you state them. Let's face it, 'the martial arts' is a huge, and unwieldy, subject. I always get a little queasy when I read stuff written on the subject by people whose total exposure to the subject prior to writing the article has been a bunch of bad movies, a Kung Fu rerun, and maybe a Tae Bo class or two. For some reason, they always choose just the wrong way of saying things, which reinforces the whole Hollywoodised bullshido mass-understanding, and effectively makes anyone involved come off as total prats.

I'm therefore terrified that I'll screw up royally and misrepresent stuff in a similar way. Of course, if I do, I trust those here (and the regulars at my site) to call me on it. So things aren't that bad.

Comment

When making such grand claims, it often pays to present case studies and statistical data.

Comment

Hey, there was a picture up of me doing horrible Taiji a while ago, so I won't criticise others much, it just seemed to be open to me, I don't know.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X