Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A good reason why kids should be able to take MAs? (video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good reason why kids should be able to take MAs? (video)

I found this over at Ray Floro's Stick-and-Knife.com forums (I don't believe it [the video] has any affiliation with Floro Fighting Systems) and figured I'd post it here to see what you thought:

11 year old on the focus pads

It looks sped up at first, but if you watch their footwork and the people in the background, you'll see it's not.
    Last edited by Reikon; 1/19/2005 4:31pm, .

Your link is broken.

As for the video, the kid is fast, but it looks like the instructor is deliberately throwing shots over his head, meaning he doesn't have to move much out of the way.
    Last edited by Judah Maccabee; 1/19/2005 4:32pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by samurai_steve
      Your link is broken.

As for the video, the kid is fast, but it looks like the instructor is deliberately throwing shots over his head, meaning he doesn't have to move out of the way.
      The forum is breaking the link :( lol, it's typed right..i made sure.

Good point.

Comment

Originally posted by samurai_steve
        Your link is broken.

As for the video, the kid is fast, but it looks like the instructor is deliberately throwing shots over his head, meaning he doesn't have to move much out of the way.
        Aw come on, he's fricken 11!!!

Hes pretty fluid and fast for his age. Hes actually pretty amazing.

Link worked for me.

Tomas
        Current stage of death: denial

Comment

Tried the link twice/worked the second time.

This kid would kick my ass.
          "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Comment

Real impressive for his age, if he sticks with it, he'll be hell in a ring.
            SON OF ODIN

My Punching with Power article

Comment

Any kid who goes after his training with that kind of heart = fan-damn-tastic. Hopefully, he's like that everyday.
              Originally posted by pauli
              i was once told that "do" means wrecking people's shit for your own philosophical betterment.

Originally posted by melvin_peebles
              I could be mistaking dumbness for delusion. I'll have to go dig out my DSM IV. It's great to have stumbled upon this site. The rich fauna and flora of mental dysfunction that exists in the martial arts is amazing. It's like the Galapagos.

Comment

Comment

holy crap that kid is fast.... though I dont think he is as fast as they show. If you notice the coach visually (and probably verbally... I didn't have sound) told the kid what he was going to do before he did it. A quick burst then a break, burst then break of preset routines. That shouldn't be too hard to go fast on. The thing that DID seem real though was the ducks, which he reacted to very fast.

Yeah, more kids should take up boxing. I hope thats not muay thai though - I dont know about you but I always though it was terrible the way kids are put through hell in and OUT of the ring with muay thai.
                  Last edited by JKing; 1/20/2005 1:52am, .

Comment

Originally posted by JKing
                    holy crap that kid is fast.... though I dont think he is as fast as they show. If you notice the coach visually (and probably verbally... I didn't have sound) told the kid what he was going to do before he did it. A quick burst then a break, burst then break of preset routines. That should be too hard to go fast on. The thing that DID seem real though was the ducks, which he reacted to very fast.

Yeah, more kids should take up boxing. I hope thats not muay thai though - I dont know about you but I always though it was terrible the way kids are put through hell in and OUT of the ring with muay thai.
                    That could be...It might be why they didn't put sound eh?

Comment

Originally posted by drummerboy
                      Aw come on, he's fricken 11!!!

Hes pretty fluid and fast for his age. Hes actually pretty amazing.

Link worked for me.

Tomas
                      Let's hope his dedication overcomes the looming hormone surge known as puberty.

Comment

Originally posted by Geijhan
                        Let's hope his dedication overcomes the looming hormone surge known as puberty.
                        I was gonna post something about his speed skills in relation to puberty but then thought better of it...

Comment

That's pretty good.

Comment

Muscle fibers multiply 10 times during puberty in males. Only reason I see puberty will stop him much is going to be because of the growth and girl chasing.

"I wonder if Cassie likes me, she tal--" *SMACK*

"You forgot to duck".

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X