Dan Webre and Outlaw Fighting Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dan Webre and Outlaw Fighting Systems

During my pain-filled trawling of the public forums at PaxBaculum, I came across an interesting post (source) from Dan Webre regarding his "Outlaw Fighting Systems" school.

We have also decided to maintain our open challenge , open door policy. While I only typically reccomend this approach to Gracie zombies (painfull wake up call) it applies to anyone from any system, instructor or student.
    Then as a little addendum, he writes:

People that want to come and see, or feel what we teach , no problemo and no charge. They always have idiots that try to "teach us " a lesson .
    We have no problemo with that either. It is not a "who's is bigger" issue for us at all. What we do works period. They want to play tough guy (sportfighting trolls??) We are more than happy to accomodate them. We will even use limited rules if it gives them a warm and fuzzy, or let them wear minimum protective gear.
    Only a few have an agenda other than learning when they come to us. Not one has even come close to landing a single shot before tasting concrete.
    As is my duty as a sportfighting troll, I thought you other sportfighting trolls might be interested in this.

Please let it be noted that this is the same Dan Webre who has a video called "Filthy Jailhouse Fighting Secrets", which itself makes some pretty remarkable claims (source):

There are only a few moves. Webre has studied a number of martial arts... but he tossed out nearly ALL the fancy stuff. What he shows you in these amazing videos... are the simple, quick and super-nasty moves that will drop a large, angry, and desperate attacker before he can blink.. So easy, a slim young woman can do it.
    Running time 60 mins, only $50.. not much to learn to become t3h d34dl33, it seems.

In researching about him and his previous experience (you never know, he could be speaking the truth *cough*), I came across this interview on The Martialist. He says some pretty stern stuff, but most interesting is his martial arts history:

Wing Tsun. It was good, but very informal. I learned from a neighbor when I was younger. I taught myself the rest from older Wing Tsun books. My real "martial arts background" comes from the streets, though -- from real fights with real people.
    That's right, his full MA experience is what he was taught from a neighbour, when he was "young", and then what he learned from "older" (older than what?) Wing Chun books. Most impressive! Also (and this isn't directly related to his Bullshido claims but it made me chuckle), regarding his prison life he says:

Why dwell on it? That's behind me
    I thought that was quite amusing since he bases his whole shtick on having "Survived Prison".

So to summarise his claims:
    • He learned his skills on t3h str33t!
    • His fighting system will allow anyone how to beat anyone, no matter what size they are.
    • This only takes 1 hour.
    • Anyone who has challenged him has never been able to "land a shot".
    • His school has an open door policy for those "Gracie Zombies".

Has anyone ever talked to this guy face to face? Anyone know him? I would be very suprised to learn he was the real deal but hey, maybe he just can't write good. I was going to email him and ask him some more details about his school, but I thought I'd better check with you sportfighting trolls first to see if anyone has any experience with him.

Edit: Just for completeness, previous threads on Dan Webre can be found here and here. I didn't see anything about any Open Door policy on previous posts though, so I thought I'd bring it up.
    Last edited by Onny; 1/16/2005 8:22am, .

He's been covered before. Generally, if someone's name appears in a TRS ad then they're full of shit.
    Originally posted by The Wastrel
    I think the forum's traditionally light-handed approach to moderation has become untenable.

Comment

Well, I highly doubt anybody who has an open door policy, lives in a populated area, has defeated all comers without anyone landing so much as a punch. The rest of it, I can't really evaluate.

Comment

I'm one of his biggest detractors. He's in New Orleans, though, which is nowhere near me. Furthermore, the guy's a certifiable nut. I wouldn't put it past him to try and really hurt someone that came to challenge. And, no, I don't mean with his deadly jailhouse skills. I'm quite confident the guy can't fight worth a damn. I mean he'd do something really dangerous, like have six guys jump you with 2x4's or even pull a gun. But hey, maybe I've got him pegged all wrong. He'd probably just punk out and call the cops.

Comment

I always wanted to ask him if "filthy jailhouse tatics" included packing your rectum with ground up drinking classes to make shower time less scary. Might be worth a ban.
          I dork harder than any of you can imagine.

- Hedgehoney

Comment

i was wondering about that too. perhaps their training involves strengthening the ass-cheeks to create an "imprenetrable wall"? that would be a pretty great prison defence IMO.

matt > yeah i was thinking he was crazy from all that shit about LIVING IN TOTAL FEAR OF YOUR LIFE FOR 5 YEARS, although i had originally credited that with marketing hyperbole. perhaps he believes his own hype.

actually, looking at this, i'm fairly sure he does indeed buy into his own shit. remember; if some homeless guy looks at you funny, DO NOT LOOK DOWN!!!!!1

Comment

Can anyone tell us how he obtained his knowledge of the "filthy jailhouse tactics" in the first place? Most likely as the catcher.

Comment

apparently he obtained them due to having been to prison for 5 years (allegedly), and coming out alive. which begs the question, how come every ex-con doesn't set up a martial arts school then brag about it on the net?

Comment

Okay, dude, does anyone know *where* this guy is? I'm in New Orleans till this coming summer. I could at least swing by, look at the place, and write up my impressions or something. Can someone get me an address? I haven't been able to find one myself.
                  Lone Wolf McQuade Final Fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmrDe_mYUXg

Comment

Because www.outlawfightingsystems.com is down, and has been for a long time.
                    Lone Wolf McQuade Final Fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmrDe_mYUXg

Comment

My friend has his TRS tapes,i will check them out this week:)

Comment

Going to prison means JACK SHIT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wounded Ronin
                          Because www.outlawfightingsystems.com is down, and has been for a long time.
                          I couldn't find any contact info on the old page other than email address and a whois on the domain revealed that its no longer registered.
                          Originally posted by Osiris
                          Imagine if track was run like the martial arts community. While the winning teams would just sprint down the field, smoking the competition, you'd have a bunch of losers running around explaining how they can skip down the track just as fast. Never mind that it doesn't fucking work. Oh no, they're too fast for track. They run on the STREET.

Comment

Was Dan initiated to filthy jailhouse tactics by guy named Bubba, in highly personal ritual involving lubricant and Dan bending over? :XXfridge:

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X