Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me end this [email protected]$king argument about "deadly" vital point striking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me end this [email protected]$king argument about "deadly" vital point striking

He claims kung fu possesses "deadly" vital point striking that kung fu guys can't use in regular sparring(he said this after seeing the clip on here of the MMA fighter tapping out the kung fu stylist) but only refers to the Bubishi as the only evidence of its existence. It's the old "one-touch kill", dim mak argument :)

I claim it's all BS as I'm studying to be an acupuncturist (degree's offered at NYCC, so once I finish up pre-med, I'm off to NY) and have read a lot about the fundamentals and there's not a damn thing in there or that any acupuncturist has said that entails "deadly vital point striking."

So let's see what the Bullshido community thinks about this :)
    Yes, stay away from those kung fu guys!
    28.88%
    No, there is no such thing and this is a stupid poll
    71.12%
    Last edited by VikingPower; 1/13/2005 8:47pm, .
    SON OF ODIN

My Punching with Power article

Well, there's plenty of vital points on the body that if struck, that could result in death.

You generally have to strike them with a bullet fired from a gun. :)

Comment

Like a one hit kill type of strike?

If that, the only one I can think of is a hit sending your nose into your brain...that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris.B

If that, the only one I can think of is a hit sending your nose into your brain...that's about it.
        That's not even really possible, to be honest. Boxers get their noses broken all the time and keep fighting on. There was even the old bare-knuckler who had his nose broken so many times he had a doctor remove the bone inside (according to the old stories back then, but hey, he was crazy).
        SON OF ODIN

Comment

Originally posted by samurai_steve
          Well, there's plenty of vital points on the body that if struck, that could result in death.

You generally have to strike them with a bullet fired from a gun. :)
          LMAO! :laughing4
          SON OF ODIN

Comment

Originally posted by Koto_Ryu
            That's not even really possible, to be honest. Boxers get their noses broken all the time and keep fighting on. There was even the old bare-knuckler who had his nose broken so many times he had a doctor remove the bone inside (according to the old stories back then, but hey, he was crazy).
            I read a page that dispelled old wive's tales. When it came upon the story (That I never heard, personally) of nose-picking being potentially lethal, it quoted that very nose bone as being able to be pushed up into your brain. The notion that you can do that with the force used in picking a nose seems pretty absurd, but it suggests that it's possible by other means.

I don't have the site anymore, so you'll have to take what I say with a grain of snot (harharhar).

I must have misread the article. I found http://www.bitoffun.com/Funfacts.htm , which has it at the bottom of the page (use ctrl + f), and says it's actually a major vein.
            Last edited by MEGA JESUS-SAMA; 1/13/2005 8:47pm, .

Comment

Uhh yeah they do exisit havent u seen kill bill volume 2. The heart exploding technique you can only learn it at the Shaolin temple in China or the Dali Lama. And by the way where in PA do you live Koto_Ryu.

Comment

Originally posted by MEGA JESUS-SAN
                I read a page that dispelled old wive's tales. When it came upon the story (That I never heard, personally) of nose-picking being potentially lethal, it quoted that very nose bone as being able to be pushed up into your brain. The notion that you can do that with the force used in picking a nose seems pretty absurd, but it suggests that it's possible by other means.

I don't have the site anymore, so you'll have to take what I say with a grain of snot (harharhar).
                I doubt that, but I'll look for it just to be sure. Boxers get their nose broken in the rings all the time and if picking your nose can kill you, you'd best believe a cross from Rocky Marciano (whose punches clocked 1000 on a dynamometer) would have been slaughtering mofos left and right, hence why I doubt that argument.
                SON OF ODIN

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris
                  The answer is yes.

Does this mean that there's some ninja assassin out there poking people in the head and watching them die? No, but certain spots are weaker and will incapacitate you faster than other. For example, groin, throat, solar plexus, temple, base of the skull, etc.
                  He means like "one-touch kills", dim mak shit. Not stuff like liver shots, groin, eye jabs, and the like. He's talking about killing blows.
                  Last edited by VikingPower; 1/13/2005 8:47pm, .
                  SON OF ODIN

Comment

Originally posted by SRK85
                    Uhh yeah they do exisit havent u seen kill bill volume 2. The heart exploding technique you can only learn it at the Shaolin temple in China or the Dali Lama. And by the way where in PA do you live Koto_Ryu.
                    You for real? :P BtW, I'm right near the Burgh. You?
                    SON OF ODIN

Comment

Originally posted by Chris.B

I hope you are joking. Don't make me come up there.
                      Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

I doubt that, but I'll look for it just to be sure. Boxers get their nose broken in the rings all the time and if picking your nose can kill you, you'd best believe a cross from Rocky Marciano (whose punches clocked 1000 on a dynamometer) would have been slaughtering mofos left and right, hence why I doubt that argument.
                        In case you don't look back at my edited post, http://www.bitoffun.com/Funfacts.htm It's a ways down the page, so use the ctrl + f function if you don't know about it already.

I was wrong, apparently.

Comment

That's just about picking your nose and getting an infection though, not from a broken one Mega :)
                          SON OF ODIN

Comment

BtW, who put up the MMA vs Kung Fu flick and what's the history behind it?
                            SON OF ODIN

Comment

That's just about picking your nose and getting an infection though, not from a broken one Mega :)
                              That's why I admited to being wrong.

Or at least making a calculated mistake. Wouldn't want anyone finding out that I'm a logical fallacy.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X