Kempo or BJJ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kempo or BJJ?

I read somewhere on here that Jiu Jitsu essentially comes from Kempo, is that right? If so, why take BJJ and not just Kempo?? That can't be right, can it?

You have to take both. Each art keeps one half of the secret. When combined you become a power ranger.

Comment

That was a signature, and it's in there because it's so absurd.

Comment

Kempo used to be refered to as Kempo Jujitsu. It's kinda like saying Toyota dude it doesn't mean much until you start specifying schools of thought.

Comment

Somebody seriously needs to take the time to educate themselves, that has got to be the most ignorant statement I've heard from a Newbie in a long time.......

Comment

Originally posted by wahoo
            I read somewhere on here that Jiu Jitsu essentially comes from Kempo, is that right? If so, why take BJJ and not just Kempo?? That can't be right, can it?
            You are smart beyond your age, young one.

Just make sure you find Kenpo of Brazillian variety, otherwise many secret techniques will be withheld from you, including the feared "oil check".
            You say what about my rice?

Comment

Originally posted by omega
              Kempo used to be refered to as Kempo Jujitsu. It's kinda like saying Toyota dude it doesn't mean much until you start specifying schools of thought.
              Toyota Jujitsu?

PL

Comment

A good Kempo school will have it's fair share of groundwork. Run if it dosen't. Don't settle for Chi Na, not the same, not good enough.

Comment

going to a kempo school for groundwork is retarded.

Comment

But it is an important part of a total system. PART not the focus.

Comment

Was there always groundwork in kempo schools?

Do they/have they/can they compete in grappling tournaments with this kempo grappling?

Comment

There is groundwork in our style. You will hear that Chin Na is the grandfather of grappling blah, blah... To prove that is near impossible, I'm sure cavemen were doing some form of the grappel. The same control techniques used on your feet can also be used on the ground through some imagination, creativity and through evolution of the style. I am not here to say Kempo is the best or better than BJJ or any style, we have huge gaping holes in our form just as any style does if put under enough scrutiny. I am only here to say that a good Kempo school will have it's fair share of groundwork. It has been proven that you need to know how to roll. If the system is like 90% of other Kempo styles it is outdated and believes it's own propaganda. Kempo needs groundwork and a solid style will have it. That's my point.

Comment

I have a flakey wireless connection if I drop out, no offense.

Comment

Kempo doesn't need groundwork; the fighter does.
                            Originally posted by The Wastrel
                            I think the forum's traditionally light-handed approach to moderation has become untenable.

Comment

I read somewhere on here that Jiu Jitsu essentially comes from Kempo, is that right? If so, why take BJJ and not just Kempo??
                              Even if it were correct, it's a total non sequitur. You could say that modern PCs "essentially come from" 8086 processor machines, but there's little reason to prefer one of those over a Pentium IV.
                              It's what you get NOW that's important. Not where it comes from, not what it will be in a hundred years.
                              There are no wrong threats, only wrong answers. (Strategy game truism)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X