Rate this Dojo Pls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rate this Dojo Pls

Hi Ive decided to take Muay Thai and JKD Streetfighting after a lot of helped out and gave ur opinions.

Im in toronto and found a place that has both and wondering what u guys think...the site is ... http://www.pointblank.ca/index2.html

Originally i was gonna take Muay Thai at www.houseofmuaythai.com because it was highly recommended...and im having trouble finding a good JKD Streetfighting place in toronto, neway, what do u guys think of thes places and any recommendations in toronto?

I also found this dojo that has many different arts...http://www.kombatarts.com/index.html

and finally I found this one
    http://www.torontojkd.com

Thanks
    Last edited by Anteros; 1/10/2005 11:24pm, .

I say only go to pointblank if you get to fight the banana :

LOL. Actually you can't judge a book by its cover. I'm sure both schools have intro classes you can take, like trials for a week or something. Go try both schools and then make up your mind. Also depends on what your goals are.

Comment

Originally posted by Nitecrawler
      I say only go to pointblank if you get to fight the banana :

Lol, yeah im gonna go check em out , just seeing if neones knows the instructors or something...

My goals are to be good at Muay Thai and JKD...to get the most out of my money and to train @#[email protected]#in hard...i dont wanna half-ass this, so i wanna make sure im getting the best place.

Thanks

Comment

The Kombatarts place looks good. Looks like they have people who compete in MMA, thats always a good sign of realistic training. Like I said you can't judge a book by its cover so try them all than settle. Its kinda like buying a car, you wouldn't buy a car without test driving it right? SO try them all then make your decision. However @ first glance I'd go with either Kombatarts, or House of MT.

Comment

You will have to go to the schools and judge for yourself. However, you would have many Bullshido training partners at Siam No.1.
          Originally posted by The Wastrel
          I think the forum's traditionally light-handed approach to moderation has become untenable.

Comment

Yeah I am gonna check them all out first...but to keep up with ur car buying analogy...if u know nothing about cars, ud like to have a mechanic take a look at it before u buy...u guys are my equivalent to a mechanic...pat urselves on the back...lol....

i cant bring u with me, best i can do is post the site and at least get ur impression of its cover, better then nothing....only a couple of you have posted and ive already learned a cuople of things about what makes a dojo good...or siam....?....just learned that too....

neway I appreciate ur help

Comment

Well theres vid clips on the torontoJKD site and the "Striking vid", kinda says it all. At least they're sweating and hitting pads rather than hitting the air, but @ the 1:00 mark one of the students shoots a double (if it can even be called that) and instaed of the instructor showing how to sprawl or a snapdown, he shows uppercuts and straight jabs to the head while leaving himself open to a single and other viscious counters. Problem is you get any competant grappler to shoot a double on that guy and I guarantee the defense he shows in that clip will not work. Meh...whatever go check em out and see what you think, they got Rage against the Machine as the soundtrack so maybe theres hope :)

P.s. Stop editing your first post with more schools, its easier to just add another reply so that we don't overlook your first post.

Comment

Originally posted by Nitecrawler
                P.s. Stop editing your first post with more schools, its easier to just add another reply so that we don't overlook your first post.
                Actually, this is good practice. So is good spelling and paragraphing, but one step at a time.
                Originally posted by The Wastrel
                I think the forum's traditionally light-handed approach to moderation has become untenable.

Comment

Originally posted by Shumagorath
                  Actually, this is good practice. So is good spelling and paragraphing, but one step at a time.
                  didnt know my hurried msg board posts were equatable to essay writing...maybe i should take more time in the future to properly present my posts.......buuuut no i think ill just keep doing what im doing and let arrogant fools who pointlessly acknowledge such things run their mouth.

Comment

I rate them as "Muave" on the color scale.
                    "Quiet fool before I am kicking the butt!"
                    -My three year old trash talking to me

"Integrity can't be bought or sold---you either have it or you don't."
                    -The Honky Tonk Man

"If you can't be a shining example, at least be a dire warning."
                    -My Father to me one day

"No surprise. Until Aikido sheds its street-brawling, thuggish image, it'll never be mainstream."
                    -Don Gwinn

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X