Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TFT's 'operantFighting,' self-induced Delusional training?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TFT's 'operantFighting,' self-induced Delusional training?

"Imagine walking up to a guy and doing Lesson 1 to him. I mean really imagine it. Read about how his body moves from the first strike to the back of his neck. Now 'Imagine' hitting him with your forearm, and seeing his body do that motion. Hell-- stand up and walk through that lesson by yourself (don't call your friend into the room and hit them). I mean really-- Stand up and walk through the Lesson!

But: make sure you see the guy, bending and moving during your technique--flying back into the ground from your left kick at the end of the lesson. Graphic imagery, yes? See the reactions? Did you practically feel the nose break when you kicked him? That is true operantFighting."

TFT Master Instructor, Torin, Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:22 pm from the TFT private forum
    Now you know why it's private folks... :sad1:
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Well professional athletes do this all the time in preparing for a game (envisioning the win, not smashing someones nose I mean). Even some UFC fighters including Mir do this before fights, so perhaps envisioning fighting combined with actual fighting might have some validity to it. However in TFT's case, I don't know what kind of fighting they do, but if this is the only thing they do to prepare for fighting, than yes thats pretty bad.

Comment

This is one of the posts at the TFT forum that really bothered me about these folks:

Uhh.....that's alright Dutch, you keep that sort of kinky training practices to yourself guy. Sick bastard.
      Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Comment

And how did TFT Master Instructor Torin respond to this ludicrous suggestion?

Torin
        Master Instructor

Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:38 am

"Im not sure how to even respond to this one, Dutch.

But before the jokes get made, this is sound fighting for all of you. I know it might seem silly, but the liklihood of you wearing your favorite shoes and workoutgear at the time of violence is pretty thin.
        Torin, having to take out your attackers while nude is pretty unlikely itself and even if this is the case, an attacker attempting to plant his knife into your chest, being nude is going to be the last thing on your mind. Vanity Vs Death? You do the math Torin.

Also, for those of you that are concerned about home invasion or simply statistical reality--- start waking up at 3-4 in the am, do ten minutes of oFighting and then go back to sleep. You will be amazed how chaotic and distressed your brain feels at that point in time.

Enjoy. Just dont take it too far.
        :bduh:
        Last edited by Kungfoolss; 1/10/2005 12:44am, .

Comment

Hey, whatever floats your boat, as long as he's not running seminars were he's asking people to strip down and spar, than I say fuck it, let him go for it. Not personally my bag, but if "Dutch" thinks that it helps him out in training than I say go for it. Now if he was saying that you should try some BJJ with your buddy while in the nude....than I might think he's a little strange. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Nitecrawler
            Hey, whatever floats your boat, as long as he's not running seminars were he's asking people to strip down and spar, than I say fuck it, let him go for it. Not personally my bag, but if "Dutch" thinks that it helps him out in training than I say go for it. Now if he was saying that you should try some BJJ with your buddy while in the nude....than I might think he's a little strange. :)
            :laughing6

Comment

Well professional athletes do this all the time in preparing for a game (envisioning the win, not smashing someones nose I mean). Even some UFC fighters including Mir do this before fights, so perhaps envisioning fighting combined with actual fighting might have some validity to it. However in TFT's case, I don't know what kind of fighting they do, but if this is the only thing they do to prepare for fighting, than yes thats pretty bad.
              They apparently believe playing with crayons and coloring books makes them superior fighters as well ->

TFT Mastery | View topic - Anatomy Coloring Book Assignments

TFT Mastery Forum Index -> G1 Assignments

Torin
              Master Instructor

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 2:17 pm

Post subject: Anatomy Coloring Book Assignments

The mail-in portion of the Anatomy Coloring Book assignment are listed below. Enjoy learning about the human tool, filling in the blanks will be easy. This is highly-recommended for those of you looking to improve your abilities, and mandatory for those of you interested in attaining the TFTrainer credential.

Mail To:

TFT Group
              attn: coloring book
              8370 W Cheyenne, Ste 109-166
              Las Vegas, NV 89129

Last edited by Torin on Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:18 am;

Comment

Well as I said above, mental reinforcement and enviosioning success probably have thier place in fighting, so they probably have a point when they talk about that. As for the coloring book, that just seems too off the wall to be true. AAre you sure thats not supposed to be some sort of joke?

Comment

I found an Evolution Coloring Book in my high school library once.

The Greeks used to compete nude all the time. But, I can't understand what must be going through your mind when you think "I'm going to train now" and "Ok, I'm taking off my pants" at the same time.

If you're worried about kidnappers stripping you before they send a ransom note, just wear a yellow jump suit or overalls. Those things are impossible to take off.

PL

Comment

Well as I said above, mental reinforcement and enviosioning success probably have thier place in fighting, so they probably have a point when they talk about that. As for the coloring book, that just seems too off the wall to be true. AAre you sure thats not supposed to be some sort of joke?
                    No, it's true. The reason behind this rationale is evident in their hand-to-hand lessons->

TFT Mastery | View topic - Lesson 8

TFT Mastery Forum Index -> G1 Lessons

Torin
                    Master Instructor

Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:08 pm Post subject: Lesson 8

R claw to eyes (R to L) Pivot from R to L (away) Blinded for the duration of the fight

R roundhouse knee/kick (depending on distance to target) to spleen Pivot to L side, step back with L, hands cover target

Break ribs, lacerate or rupture spleen (potential cause for hypervolumic shock)
                    L forearm hammer to R vagus (setting R foot out of 2., above); continue into L comb grab to back of head Bend over further to L side

Large stimulus to the parasympathetic system, begin to 'pass-out'

Grab chin with R, (L step back and around, pivot on R foot) rotate head counter-clockwise to slam him on to his back (dropping to R knee).

Lay down hard, face up Head trauma (concussion, hemorrhaging, skull fracture, etc.)

Rise up, L kick to neck (stepping over him to straddle his head)
                    Head turns in direction of kick (during impact), then rolls away

Huge stimulus to the parasympathetic system, probable vertebral injury

R heel stomp to temple.
                    Lay very still
                    Large head trauma (secondary concussion, hemorrhaging, skull fracture, etc.)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X