X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larkin knife bullshido

The Skinny on el KNIFERY

Originally posted by fooligan
    He then claims to have trained Delta Force, Force Recon, and even drops the S-bomb (the almighty, invincible SEALs). He magnanimously offers seminars, available to the (paying) public, for his system.
    Translation: He had members of the Armed Forces at some of his seminars.
    SON OF ODIN

My Punching with Power article

Comment

He makes some good points, and sounds plausible.

Of course, sounding plausible is the key to most bullshido.
      Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all shit like that! -theoutsider

Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
      I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
      what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

Comment

Well heres my opinion:

Stabs are lethal. Slashes or cuts are rarely lethal.
        I don't think this is true. While the DoJ says most of the fatalities come from stabbing, this is probably because they stabbed them like 30 times. Cutting can be just as lethal as stabbing, and vise versa. You shouldn't underestimate the capabilities or complications of cutting.

I'd personally change this to "random guy with a knife" and "knife fighter".

Mainly because a Knife fighter, can be someone who trains in a system mostly or completely based on knife/edged weapon fighting. (Sayoc Kali).

While you have many "body weapons", I believe it is still common sense to use a knife, and care who controls the weapon. Saying "it doesn't matter whether you have a knife or not" is something I disagree with, because the person who has the knife has an advantage...the knife.

The body also cannot function without blood or air either, and the attacker has a weapon that can easily cause both to expel from your body.

So, he wants the person, on defense to go on offense, and flail their arms about wildly?

What stops the attacker from backing up, stabbing him, or laughing manically?

The problem is that the attacker moves This would be great if the person was just standing there with a knife down to their side, but prople do not react as expected. Supposed the "attacker" (the person with the knife) backs up, moves around, etc. until you don't have enougn energy to keep using all your strength like a locomotive. Theres just 1000 things wrong with this predetemined answer to the problem, because theres 1000 other things the "attacker" can do, while you're trying get in...

Why isn't a swift kick to the balls mentioned in the attack scheme? That'd be more than enough to send him to the ground, while you can disarm him, subdue him, and call the police...

And if they stab/cut you somewhere other than you're windmill-covered torso? The point of defense is to not get cut.

Defense is much more easy than offense. Sacrificing yourself to kill someone whos trying to kill you is a waste of time, and life.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X