Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

systema and other phonies

Systema is teh ownage.
    Last edited by davidhehir; 1/11/2005 8:46am, .

Have you been to one of these seminars?

If not, you are taking the word of someone else (probably from 'the net').

I went to one on Krav Maga because it got shat on here. I joined the next week.

GO AND SEE FOR YOURSELF!

Comment

er HI!
      Welcome to Bullshido.
      ______
      Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
      -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
      The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
      -Daniel Tosh

Comment

man

But have you seen their website? They have their main international instructors on there doing rediculous stuff that would DEFINITELY get somebody killed. How can this be condoned by anybody? How are people stupid enough to think that what they are teaching is plausable stuff? http://www.systemauk.com/video2.htm - LOL!!!

Comment

You may be right but dealing with Russian and anything Martial I know this...THEIR FUCKING CRAZY!!!! They will throw themselves into their training heart and soul. So much that if its hockey they may still pull it off. I Kosovo group gave a demo and the stuff they did was insane (the were breaking bottles off of each others head, they stipped down and did randori in calf high snow, etc.) I am not sold on Systema, after reading VV's book I think is a bit off his wagon, but Russians have some kickass ideas when it comes to training.
          ______
          Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
          -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
          The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
          -Daniel Tosh

Comment

Ah, you'll have to pm RobP here on Bullshido and talk to him, http://www.systemauk.com is his wesite.

The stuff is definitely diferent, and I'm not sure their training methods are the best. But for what it's worth, I've visited Vladimir Vasiliev's school, I've been disarmed by him, I've seen him spar full contact. He's legit.

Comment

I trained with these guys at their cambridge class once.

The whole thing felt like aikido trying to be badass. Lots of slow motion knife drills and defenses which involved letting them put the knife against you and trying to get out the way as they stabed you.

What realy stuck with me was their training to defend against a knife wielding attacker whilest lieing on the floor. They put me with their senior student who was ment to keep me back with kicks. I grabbed his legs and threw them to the side and mounted him punching him gently in the head as he hung on to the knife blade (not my wrist, the actual blade).

I had the feeling that most people had taken it up after doing realy easy karate-do type bullshido and were now convinced they were doing the real deal, the instructor being an ex-aikidoka. None of them seemed to know how to fight and they didnt spar.

Edit: As rob is on bullshido I'll add that they were all very nice people and I had a pleasent time training with them.
              Last edited by Jekyll; 1/09/2005 10:29am, .

Originally posted by Stickx
              It must suck for legit practitioners of tai chi like Cullion to see their art get all watered down into exercise for seniors.
              Those who esteme qi have no strength. ~ Exposition of Insights into the Thirteen Postures Attrib: Wu Yuxiang founder of Wu style tai chi.

Comment

And if I'm wrong I'll happily admit it, come to the throwdown if you can Rob.

It must suck for legit practitioners of tai chi like Cullion to see their art get all watered down into exercise for seniors.
                Those who esteme qi have no strength. ~ Exposition of Insights into the Thirteen Postures Attrib: Wu Yuxiang founder of Wu style tai chi.

Comment

Jekyll

Don't feel bad, RobP seems like a pretty easy going guy. I told him that I though his stuff sucked, and he never flinched. I think he has a pretty thick hide.

Comment

Well thats the best way to deal with knife attacks I guess.

It struck me as a fairly gentle training regeme as well, not at all like Asia describing.

Comment

VV looks like he could fight but he is teaching some crazy shit. I saw one video where he was defending against a knife by turning his body in certain directions and pushing the knife off his chest and some other crazy things. Robp, I'm not trying to knock you but I just think some of the stuff (actually, a lot) is insane. That fat guy, Mikhael or whatever his name is, just strikes me as a guy who doesn't know what he's doing or anything.

Comment

I have seen the Systema tapes,Vladimir looks skilled.

Comment

you're crazy

Comment

RobP isn't on here much, he's easier to contact via MAP.
                            I've trained with Rob once and with Dave Nicholson many times. I'm not a fan of their training methodology, but the way they approach things like avoidance, taking blows and fluid movement are worth taking seriously.
                            Combine Systema with SBG philosophy and I think they'd be on to a winner.
                            Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Comment

i saw one video clip with a fat guy rolling around the floor with a gun and shooting everybody in the room!!! They were doing ninja flips to avoid his imaginary bullets though so it was okay.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X