busy busy Black Belt Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

busy busy Black Belt Magazine

I was doing work-related research (no, really, I do academic research for people studying event for sports and recreation) and I came across these nuggets of goodness from Black Belt Magazine. Enjoy:

http://www.blackbeltmag.com/document...y=1&startsum=1

How to defend yourself against terrorist suicide bombing. For the armed commando who reads BB and has no other training, I'm assuming. Look for their future articles on elbow strikes to prevent cerebral blood clots and eye-finger jabs that stop diabetes.

They also ran one about "What if you are training potential terrorists at your school?" which I can't find a link to, but I can guess what was in it:
    1) Don't show middle-easterners t3h d34dl3y techniques like kiai-jutsu.
    2) If you think you have been training a terrorist, alert Homeland Security to the following:
    • Warnings of carrying out attacks in someplace called "the street."
    • Suspects will likely be overweight, humorless virgins
    I dork harder than any of you can imagine.

- Hedgehoney

One day I will look up the rejection letter we have from blackbelt rejecting an article about real cops doing real training. Got it the same month they printed an aritcle on Dillman and his KOs.
    "Quiet fool before I am kicking the butt!"
    -My three year old trash talking to me

"Integrity can't be bought or sold---you either have it or you don't."
    -The Honky Tonk Man

"If you can't be a shining example, at least be a dire warning."
    -My Father to me one day

"No surprise. Until Aikido sheds its street-brawling, thuggish image, it'll never be mainstream."
    -Don Gwinn

Comment

Black Belt Magazine sucks. Its the single WORST martial arts publication that I can think of. They'll whore themselves out to ANY fucking SLEAZY advertiser that throws money their way.

Give me a day and I'll prove it....
      "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Comment

Have you seen the ads in Grappling?

The irony makes that worse than the blatant lunacy of BB Mag.

Comment

I've entertained the idea of transcribing or scanning a section from Black Belt every month and making fun of it, but I later realized that doing so involves giving them money.

Originally posted by Dochter
          Have you seen the ads in Grappling?

The irony makes that worse than the blatant lunacy of BB Mag.
          The RBSD ad in the December issue made me crack up. I wonder if any BJJ black belts (or even white belts) actually read that shit and experience the anti-epiphany the company is hoping for.
          Last edited by Dreadnought; 1/03/2005 4:57pm, .
          Originally posted by The Wastrel
          I think the forum's traditionally light-handed approach to moderation has become untenable.

Comment

Absolutly trash-tastic

Comment

You may think identifying such a criminal and taking action before he kills is impossible, but there are telltale signs that students of reality-based personal people as possible.
              what.
              I think the forum's traditionally light-handed approach to moderation has become untenable.

Comment

I was just looking at this month's issue of Black Belt at a Barnes and Nobles. Two things from it are memorable.

1.) An ad in which an old man with enormous glasses was trying to sell me the secret of Ikken Hisatsu, which would allow me to defeat anyone with one deadly technique, because that worked really well in UFC.

2.) Cathy Long wrote this long article about why you're less likely to injure yourself if you palm strike someone than if you punch them. I was pretty shocked since that is hardcore Captian Obvious territory. Why does Cathy Long, or anyone else, even bother to write something like that?
                Lone Wolf McQuade Final Fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmrDe_mYUXg

Comment

Are there ANY good mags? I started reading "Grappling", but have slowly grown tired of it as well. If I have to look at another picture of Royler demonstrating super secret guard passes that 5 years olds learn their first week of BJJ, I'm gonna puke.
                  Regardless, that doesn't change the fact that kickboxing is commonly known as fighting while grappling simply isn't. - Osiris

Comment

Originally posted by Wounded Ronin
                    I was just looking at this month's issue of Black Belt at a Barnes and Nobles. Two things from it are memorable.

1.) An ad in which an old man with enormous glasses was trying to sell me the secret of Ikken Hisatsu, which would allow me to defeat anyone with one deadly technique, because that worked really well in UFC.

2.) Cathy Long wrote this long article about why you're less likely to injure yourself if you palm strike someone than if you punch them. I was pretty shocked since that is hardcore Captian Obvious territory. Why does Cathy Long, or anyone else, even bother to write something like that?
                    I'd like to take Cathy Long and show her the correct way to palm something.
                    Regardless, that doesn't change the fact that kickboxing is commonly known as fighting while grappling simply isn't. - Osiris

Comment

Originally posted by Wounded Ronin

You forgot the huge feature on how XMA is the future of performance art.

Comment

You're right. It's because I didn't actually get around to actually reading that article.
                        Lone Wolf McQuade Final Fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmrDe_mYUXg

Comment

I dont get it? if someone has a bomb starppaed to themselves run. Dont try to fight them.

Comment

Originally posted by SRK85
                            I dont get it? if someone has a bomb starppaed to themselves run. Dont try to fight them.
                            You're now officially worse than Raven.

Comment

I stopped reading BB mag when Ralph Machio (sp?) from karate kid was on the cover. LOL

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X